Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-04-01 12:20:09

minimania wrote:

1.png


F U L L
I M A G E

How do you get a full picture of a world like that? o.0

#2 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-04-01 01:13:24

Changed the layout in the thread post to the current one, I'm really digging this new one Jawapa.
I hope it stays like this.

-Deleted: Survey in thread post-
-Current: Lightbulb not present in EE website-

#3 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-03-31 12:18:11

Pyromaniac wrote:

omg its so bad now. Good thing I dont usually play on the normal site... Yeez

I'm not the picky type, but I actually dislike the current layout and design for the home page.
But I'm pretty sure he's still playing around with it ^^

#4 Re: Game Discussion » A Whole Load of Questions That I Need Help With » 2015-03-31 10:28:48

Sadly, changing your username isn't possible according to NVD.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool Deal with it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

#5 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-03-31 02:36:26

Pingohits wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
Bobithan wrote:

Fair enough. Also, the fanmade site designs that this is based off of (Squad's and Mylo's) had plans to make the background image shuffle between different backgrounds every time the page was loaded to serve as inspiration for level building. Are you thinking of implementing that?

Actually, yeah.  It's easy to implement... just need to find some backgrounds.

Which leads me to this: I need backgrounds for the site. I'll probably use 5-10.

how about 5-10 backgrounds that change every time you open a new EE

Shuffling backgrounds images seem nice. Gotta think up a layout first though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

#6 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-03-31 02:05:23

JaWapa wrote:

The way I made the website, everything is centered.  So I can't really do that.

I could make it so when you darken the background then the logo at the top disappears.  Then the game will be dead center of the browser.

Yeah just play around with it and give us a few examples of some layouts you've thought of.
Then ask the community which one they prefer.
You're not going to get a layout everyone likes, people are really picky here.

#7 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-03-31 01:59:07

JaWapa wrote:
5upertrinity wrote:
JaWapa wrote:

okay, here's what I got...

http://jawapa.bl.ee/demo/ee2/

it's almost done... i think.  Idk i've changed my mind about 400 times already on the design.

I love it! It might be better if the buttons on the left side had an outline so they are more visible.

Good job though.

They do have an outline...

My bad, bigger outline.
But it's hard for people to play in non-fullscreen, there's just way too
much happening in the background. Perhaps you should stick to a different background.

#8 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-03-31 01:35:28

JaWapa wrote:

okay, here's what I got...

http://jawapa.bl.ee/demo/ee2/

it's almost done... i think.  Idk i've changed my mind about 400 times already on the design.

I love it! It might be better if the buttons on the left side had an outline so they are more visible.

Good job though.

#9 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-03-30 15:07:51

JaWapa wrote:

Due to several issues, I rolled the site design back to the older black one.  It was easier than reuploading everything for the previous one.  Inorder to get rid of all the darkness, I will no-life a new design and see what I can do.

RIP my thread, thanks a lot //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#10 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-03-30 13:41:13

Zumza wrote:

Personally, I really enjoyed the design of this one:
6z8myg.png



The new one its a bit, "fat".
What I don't like:
- the logo is big
- the logo is present both in swf and site design
- the forum link both in swf and site design
- the blog link both in swf and site design
- the light off its a bit bizarre, the page keeps his height, i would like to see a shiny glow on game too
- I don't like the border added, it makes the game a part outside the site design, but they site design should be based on the game


I modified css a bit, without eliminating anything:
45b2b18ad3.png

In my opinion, move the logo in the middle above the nav bar.
Then put 2 social media buttons on each side. And keep the light on the very right -->

But still, I'm fine with the update.

#12 Re: Game Discussion » Weirdest World Ever? » 2015-03-30 06:48:07

goeyfun wrote:

u should have screenshoted and upload them here on the forums https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

I'd have to charge you $5 for the entertainment, it was that good //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#13 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-03-30 06:40:21

Nou wrote:
5upertrinity wrote:

Share your opinion here, let us know what you think:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TH8VVCF

Who's  "us" ?

Me and my little brother, we both play EE.
We made the survey, thought it'd be fun and useful.

#14 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-03-30 05:23:58

gkaby wrote:

what is the weird red thing under forums

edit in op its under home

Caroler smiley.

sccimq.png

#15 Re: Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-03-30 04:58:25

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Light bulb just makes it darker/lighter... How would that be an easter egg?

Exactly what I was thinking, but a lot of people still thought it was an easter egg.
But it was too easy to find as well ^^

#16 Game Discussion » New Site Layout + Easter Egg? » 2015-03-30 04:48:32

5upertrinity
Replies: 60

Check out the new site layout:
http://everybodyedits.com/

Old look:

6z8myg.png

2zrexdy.png

New look:

289d2it.png

oigmdw.png

Other pages like the Help and Terms pages were also changed.

Note: The buttons on the left side move down the page as you scroll,
that is why it is in both pictures.

Easter Egg:

Apparently there is an easter egg too, a lot of people have been searching for it.
Me and my friends were thinking it's the light bulb icon on the right of the home page.

It's a strange but funny feature, but everyone still wonders if that's the easter egg or not.

Current: Lightbulb is not present on the new EE website.

#17 Game Discussion » Weirdest World Ever? » 2015-03-30 04:47:39

5upertrinity
Replies: 13

I just joined a world where 5 people were arguing about relationship issues, they were asking one guy "Did you cheat on ___  in 2014 OR NOT??!!! Tell the truth!!!!"
Pretty awkward, at least make the world private. Instead they just kicked everyone that joined.
Their world, their rules... I guess.

What's the weirdest world you've ever joined?

#18 Re: Game Discussion » It follows me! D: » 2015-03-30 01:51:37

It's a stalker bot, completely harmless.

#19 Re: Game Discussion » Why this game has a small community - a counterargument » 2015-03-26 12:23:25

tak4n wrote:

Don't forget age. The community grew up with the game and with age comes responsibility and goals that exist outside the game. I know a lot of people who quit due to university or other life related factors.
Although this is one of the many reasons I feel that it should still be considered.

Indeed, there are actually many reasons  behind the decrease of the population of EE that people, including myself haven't pointed out yet.

This is why I'm saying something needs to be done, I hope the community + devs don't just sit around and
wait until the game eventually dies out. Remember, updating the game just keeps them hooked, it doesn't reel them in.

#20 Re: Game Discussion » Why this game has a small community - a counterargument » 2015-03-26 12:19:42

JaWapa wrote:

I feel like there is a bigger reason why EE lost most of its community; MrShoe not updating for an entire year.  It's not that making maps were harder, people were just bored because there wasn't any new content being released.  I agree, some new tools could be added (any ideas will be taken).   Unfortunately, some of the issues can not be changed by the staff.  Making good worlds is a task for you guys to do, all we can do it provide you content.  That's not as easy as you may think... but while typing this I got some ideas for some stuff //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile


I guess I forgot to mention that. Though there was a decrease in the EE population, it's understandable that it is what is today.
EE wasn't really getting advertised at the same time MrShoe stopped updating it, so nothing fought back.

New players join, other players leave. In this case, the players mainly left. Though new players were still joining, it was at a time
where the decrease in population was very high. Not to mention there were very few new players joining compared to the amount of
players leaving.

#21 Re: Game Discussion » Why this game has a small community » 2015-03-26 11:59:03

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer wrote:

Name one of your friends in the community.  The ones you haven't seen since then.  Hell, name ten of them.  Name just one name any of us would recognize from 2 years ago.  ****, why don't you tell us what YOUR name was back then and is now?  There is neither a Supertrinity nor a 5upertrinity on EE.  Lets see the commitment you've put in, the block packs you've gathered over months of collecting energy.  Lets see the maps you made.

Unfortunantly I can't give evidence of levels I've made in EE. My profile is currently private and the levels I made back then were deleted right after I quit.
I've already started to build a few levels, since in Minecraft you can build maps, it gives me an advantage when working on making levels in EE.

My username is zaught, and still is zaught, though I still wish to change it.
But anyway, you asked for friends. This is a tough one since I forgot 99% of them, though this still doesn't mean you're right.
I remember gathering friends from other games like Platform Racing 2, Bad Eggs Online, and Minecraft to come and play EE with me.
Their usernames in EE differed from the ones I knew them by on the other game I played with them.

The only person from EE that I can remember playing with was Cow, though I do remember I had more friends in EE, I just can't figure out their usernames.
But still, there's a good chance he doesn't remember me, this still doesn't prove anything. It's been 2 years, it's pretty damn normal
to forget the username of a friend you played with a few years ago.

Asking me to prove this to you is completely useless and can't be used against me, I hope you know that.

#22 Re: Game Discussion » Why this game has a small community » 2015-03-26 11:40:23

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer wrote:

He says he was active in EE for 2 years; does anybody remember him?  How involved in the game was he?  He's not ingrained into this community.  He's somebody who arrives, gets excited, gets bored, and leaves, by his own admission.

No, I don't think he cares about the game, not really.  If he did, maybe he'd actually care about the opinions of people who know the game and the community a lot better than he does.

Put it this way, I care enough to make this thread and reply to every single one of your posts.
If I didn't care, I wouldn't have made this thread in the first place. And even if no one remembers me, it's not a surprised.
I played this game full on, I mostly played levels than created levels.

I still created many levels though, I remember my face when
getting a level I made into the top spot of the online list without using bots. I had many friends in the community,
though I haven't seen them ever since I left. And it's not that I don't care about your opinions, I ignore certain opinions for a reason.
Some opinions you point out are good ones in my opinion, and some are just plain nonsense, again, in my opinion.

And yes, I was someone who arrives, gets excited, gets bored, and then leaves. But, I arrived, I got excited, I stayed for a long time,
got bored after that long period of time, then left.

#23 Re: Game Discussion » Why this game has a small community » 2015-03-26 10:28:31

Nou wrote:
5upertrinity wrote:

I'm giving my opinion on what should be improved and what my insight is on the small community and how it can be enlarged.
If you disagree with what I say, that's fine. But please use more formal and acceptable words. You are only proving that you can't sustain a
proper argument or debate for very long.

He provided a set of good arguments you ignored, repeated yourself and provided no actual counterarguments. That's the very definition of not being able to sustain a proper debate.

Also, I think you're really missing the part where MIHB shows he's very passionate about this game.

5upertrinity wrote:

You are also saying this; "I've got the community of EE, you've got no one here that knows you that can back you up".
I don't care if people around here know you, I don't care if they've played your levels or built levels with you specifically,
this changes nothing about anything.

5upertrinity wrote:

That changes everything. He's a long-standing member of the community, one of the most experienced/skilled ones, but listening to these people does nothing? That's exactly the reason EE died down in the first place, ask anyone about the previous admins and their communication with the community.

Ironically, you don't care about people knowing him, yet you came in on your high horse that people know you from Minecraft, proclaiming you know exactly how to fix this game, based purely on ignorance.

_________


In general, sure we appreciate people wanting to improve the game, we all do, but please, don't go all Benjaminsen here. He, as an admin, had no idea what was going on in the game, which led to the downfall of EE.

I took this to the PMs, still really upset that it had to get this off-topic. I never intended someone to create an argument out of this.

So I'll start off with this, I was a long-term member for a long time, I also left for a long time.
I am giving my opinion on what to improve about this game, I'm not saying this based on what everyone thinks.

If you people keep getting so upset then please call in a moderator or admin to see what they have to say about this.
And still, him being a member of EE that people know, play with, and build with have nothing to do with any of this.
This is my opinion, mine only, though a lot of other people may also agree with me.

And stop brining Minecraft into this, it was a fact that I wanted to share with everyone, it was not intended
to show off. Please get back on topic or just stop spouting on about this nonsense, PM me if you want to chat.

#24 Re: Game Discussion » Why this game has a small community » 2015-03-26 10:03:01

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer wrote:

**** you.  I love this game, you're threatening it, and you have the nerve to act like being rude over this is complete nonsense?  Tell me you love this game, that you've spent years and countless hours creating content for it and trying to understand how it works and what drives its popularity, and that you have some actual business background or knowledge, and I'll shut my mouth.  Otherwise, shut the **** up.

I'm threatening this game by giving my ideas on what can be improved and my insight on the small community and how it can be enlarged? That makes no sense at all.
I do love this game, it's a very fun and addicting game. I have spent countless hours over years creating content for it and playing levels made by other players.
'Have' keyword. I spent about 2 years playing and creating levels in this game about 1 or 2 years ago, perhaps more. I came back to it about a week ago, and now I'm addicted.

I told you what you wanted to know, so hopefully now you can stop being rude and getting completely off-topic.
If you want to keep arguing like this, please PM me. I don't want to see another post in this thread by you if it's complete nonsense and filled with rude and immature words
that have nothing to do with the topic.

#25 Re: Game Discussion » Why this game has a small community » 2015-03-26 09:47:53

MIHB_casts_confuseplayer wrote:
5upertrinity wrote:

I'm giving my ideas on what can be improved to keep new players entertained and hopefully stay, and giving my insight on what needs to be done
about the small community. There's absolutely no harm in what I'm doing. You just turned a friendly debate into some sort of aggressive arguement between
two little kids, good job on that.

I didn't come here to start an arguement, I came here for a reason, and I've stated that harmless reason a dozen times.
Now if you're going to keep being rude, please reconsider the language you are using in your posts.

You're offering stupid and ignorant ideas that would kill the game I love once again.  Why would I stop being rude?  Why should I stop being rude?  People around here know me, they've played my levels, many of them have worked with me, and I'm quite willing to get banned if it lets people know that I am absolutely certain you are wrong, and so upset about it that I accept the cost of calling you out for being as full of **** as you are, because I think its that important that people recognize that.

I'm giving my opinion on what should be improved and what my insight is on the small community and how it can be enlarged.
If you disagree with what I say, that's fine. But please use more formal and acceptable words. You are only proving that you can't sustain a
proper argument or debate for very long.

You are also saying this; "I've got the community of EE, you've got no one here that knows you that can back you up".
I don't care if people around here know you, I don't care if they've played your levels or built levels with you specifically,
this changes nothing about anything.

I'll tell you why you should stop being rude, because this thread was not made to start a rude arguement to be carried out
by people like you who keep cursing. Also, being rude for a reason like this is completely nonsense.

Thanks to you, this has turned into a pure argument. I came here for nothing of the sort, please stop.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1721212323.8493 - Generated in 0.230 seconds, 9 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.76 MiB (Peak: 2.05 MiB) ]