Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Rules Clarification and other stuff

New rules:

We are now banning any accounts found to be using any sort of web proxy.

Auto-play youtube videos are now STRICTLY forbidden anywhere on the forums and will result in a warning for the poster.   Youtube videos at all in signatures are also forbidden and will result in a warning.

Rules clarifications:
Gravedigging:

Reviving a thread that still needs an answer or is still relevant is alright and does not count as gravedigging, no matter how old.   However, reviving a thread that has already been resolved, or wasn't even a question (for example, an announcement, or a thread like "How do I jump in EE?", which someone already answered) is gravedigging and will result in a warning.   If you do revive a thread, make sure your reply is relevant and useful to the OP (original/first post).

Double/Multi Posting:

Posting twice, or more than twice in a row will result in a warning.   However, doubleposting with more than 1 week between the two posts, as long as it is not gravedigging, is valid, IF you are bumping a thread.   Also, doubleposting or more is valid if it is an extension of the OP.

Other languages:

If the OP is in English, all replies should be in English.   If the OP is in Russian, all replies should be in Russian, etc.
Abuse of this rule will result in a warning.   The staff will determine what is considered abuse.

Wooted by:

#2 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Re: Rules Clarification and other stuff

Thanks for clearing up the grave-digging stuff, I think a lot of people were confused about that.

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

Wooted by:

#3 Before February 2015

Betaguy

Nice, and
Yea agree with Takoman.

Btw whats OP?

Last edited by Betaguy (Jun 15 2011 2:53:48 pm)

Wooted by:

#4 Before February 2015

progirl

this topic is very helpful, it should be stickied

Wooted by:

#5 Before February 2015

EDJ

Betaguy wrote:

Nice, and
Yea agree with Takoman.

Btw whats OP?

opening post
the first post

Wooted by:

#6 Before February 2015

coolio

aw... can't we just make it so all topics are in english? XD I don't like having to translate something, then type in a reply, then translate that, then pasting it in the reply. IT'S SO ANNOYING.

Wooted by:

#7 Before February 2015

ultrasuperdude

I think this should be added to the list of rules.

Wooted by:

#8 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

...Still think that proxy thing is stupid... But otherwise, okay.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by:

#9 Before February 2015

coolio

It's to ward off people like Linus //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:

#10 Before February 2015

jakery

The proxy ban is necessary because trolls hide behind proxies as a raiding tool.

Wooted by:

#11 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

coolio wrote:

aw... can't we just make it so all topics are in english? XD I don't like having to translate something, then type in a reply, then translate that, then pasting it in the reply. IT'S SO ANNOYING.

How about you deal with the fact that there are other languages in the world and some people can't speak English? If someone types in Russian, they have that right. If you see a thread in another language that you can't speak, don't post in it. Simple as that.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

Wooted by:

#12 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

jakery wrote:

The proxy ban is necessary because trolls hide behind proxies as a raiding tool.

I believe Rurigok also said that he was making an auto-ban proxy detector, so if someone wants to forum raid they have to use the same IP as their regular account //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

[EDIT] I'll quote him exactly:

[14:11] <&Rurigok> We'll be setting up a proxy scanner soon
[14:11] <%Kaslai> so all my internet traffic is encrypted
[14:12] <+Zoey2070> How do you know if it's a proxy or not? Maybe they just don't want creeps like you to see their location
[14:12] <&Rurigok> We just do.
[14:12] <&Rurigok> And they can change their geoIP if they dont want us to see their location
[14:12] <+Zoey2070> even if they used the same proxy every time?
[14:13] <&Rurigok> We ban all users on proxies
[14:13] <&Rurigok> No if's or buts

Last edited by Tako (Jun 15 2011 8:55:18 pm)

Wooted by:

#13 Before February 2015

RhazzleFrazzle

with the proxy rule, is it ok if we use proxies sometimes but we still have our real ip adress in the system for the mods to check?

Wooted by:

#14 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

What if I have a dynamic IP and the system detects it as a proxy? Does it detect x_forwarded_for requests, or something?

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

Wooted by:

#15 Before February 2015

Nou

I can't say I agree with the language thing: it just gets messy with random languages everywhere and everybody speaks English anyway. If their English is bad, it's a good way of practising their English so it only benefits them.

No u.

Wooted by:

#16 Before February 2015

capasha

"[14:12] <&Rurigok> And they can change their geoIP if they dont want us to see their location"

Since when can you change your geoIP without a proxy, vpn or tunneling?
Some people want privacy. And not show their ip-address. Even if you can change "geoIP" you are not still anonymous.
Because Ip-addresses can always be found at google if some sites log the ip-address. And i don't trust the mods at this forum so much. And i don't care if they have my ip or not. But maybe other peoples care.

It's really bad to ban everyone that use a proxy, vpn or tunneling. Why not ban the people that break the other rules instead of banning good people that want some privacy? And it's a lot of mods too. Can't be hard to ban some rule breakers that use a proxy, vpn or tunneling.

Edit: Saw "web proxy" so you are only banning web proxies?
It's also ok to use a proxy, vpn or tunneling, or is the rule just factually incorrect? :<

Last edited by doh (Jun 16 2011 2:26:27 am)

Wooted by:

#17 Before February 2015

saracresp

Ok //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by:

#18 Before February 2015

Rurigok

JadElClemens: it does not work like that, don't worry.

doh, we are indeed only banning web proxies.   VPN's, SSH, etc are all fine.

Wooted by:

#19 Before February 2015

Pandapo

With that new rule people can easily spam the forum by talking in there own language :/

Wooted by:

#20 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Pandapo wrote:

With that new rule people can easily spam the forum by talking in there own language :/

Only if the OP is in that language. It the OP is in Russian, they can speak in Russian. Those are the ONLY places they can speak Russian.

If they start spamming topics then that's just worthy of a warning, I suppose.

Wooted by:

#21 Before February 2015

D-rock2308

I'm going to write all my posts in Russian now.

Wooted by:

#22 Before February 2015

Pawlowic

~Thank you Rurigok~

Hopefully There will be much less gravediging and multi-posting //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Atlast some clear rules!

Edit:Fixed Spelling Mistake. Edit 1.

Last edited by Pawlowic (Jun 16 2011 12:31:01 pm)

Wooted by:

#23 Before February 2015

Panic

You should probably add that things such as 'INB4-whatever' are pointless. Also, in graphics and game suggestions, I see too many posts that are just variations of 'I like' and 'I don't like'. Maybe say that those kinds of posts are annoying/useless, because they are.

Obligatory piece of text placed here forcing you to load an extra 100 bytes of data per post I make.

Wooted by:

#24 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Update: abuse of the language rule will result in a warning.   The staff will determine what is considered abuse.

Wooted by:

#25 Before February 2015

Pandapo

hehe //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue lol
So making a topic in Russian for fun is now against the rules? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by:
Rurigok 14239520279405

Board footer