Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2021-04-03 00:04:54

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: I just wish that we got an EE remaster for HTML5 without changes.

Realistically though, is there a chance that EE! won't use the new graphics? We have 100+ graphics already made, so it would probably take a huge push to persuade the staff to change the art style.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#27 2021-04-03 00:08:43

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

We’ll have to see what we can do with those new graphics I guess lmao
I just hope that all worlds won’t be the same grassland graphic, the same cave or stone graphic or whatever.

The thing with EE is that you can make grass with different possibilities. You have the default grass block, but you have green or yellow basic blocks as well. Also brick blocks and orange basic blocks and much more.
But for me, EE! gives no freedom or combination or whatsoever, just grass, that’s it. I doubt they’ll even add basic blocks tbh

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#28 2021-04-03 10:31:28, last edited by Bat24 (2021-04-03 10:31:56)

MartenM
Website

I think that a lot of people are forgetting that EE was a dying game. It had outlived every expectation. which is great! However, simply making a 1:1 clone with some new features tacked on won't do the trick. Unless you want to play EE all by your self. Without the nostalgia glasses on, EE is quite a.. boring game? For example, there are no music tracks or interaction sounds.

EE! needs to be a NEW game that takes inspiration from the old but moves on from the past and tries to modernize the game.
There are going to be changes some of us won't like, but hopefully also features that we could never even have had in EE.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

But for me, EE! gives no freedom or combination or whatsoever, just grass, that’s it. I doubt they’ll even add basic blocks tbh

That's quite some speculation, we have probably not even seen the full asset range yet.
I imagine that EE! will make sure there will be plenty of blocks to build with at some point.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by:

#29 2021-04-03 11:09:00

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

i hope
the graphics really worry me right now lol

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#30 2021-04-03 15:56:49, last edited by Hollow Halo (2021-04-03 15:57:23)

Ondrashek06

MartenM wrote:

I think that a lot of people are forgetting that EE was a dying game. It had outlived every expectation. which is great! However, simply making a 1:1 clone with some new features tacked on won't do the trick. Unless you want to play EE all by your self. Without the nostalgia glasses on, EE is quite a.. boring game? For example, there are no music tracks or interaction sounds.

EE! needs to be a NEW game that takes inspiration from the old but moves on from the past and tries to modernize the game.
There are going to be changes some of us won't like, but hopefully also features that we could never even have had in EE.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

That's quite some speculation, we have probably not even seen the full asset range yet.
I imagine that EE! will make sure there will be plenty of blocks to build with at some point.

We do NOT want modernization. "mOdErN" themes are already on 99.9% websites. YouTube, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, DA, name it yourself.
There are already lists of sites that still have the "older" themes, which keep being shorter and shorter.
People have ALWAYS hated those "modern", bland-looking themes. I was disappointed when I saw the EEU's design and saw what was the 8 bit font become.

And see the oversimplification trend. Many companies have moved on from colorful, creative logos to just bland ones. Roblox, Twitter (which went to literally a blue shadow of a bird), Reddit, etc.
Ml8AUpB.png
to
IR2Pdpz.png

((Quoted the wrong person here. Sorry.))

#31 2021-04-03 16:54:24

Different55
Forum Admin

My dude it's a game, not a website. You're comparing website trends to game design trends, it's apples and oranges.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#32 2021-04-03 19:14:56

Minimania
Moderation Team

Ondrashek06 wrote:

And see the oversimplification trend. Many companies have moved on from colorful, creative logos to just bland ones. Roblox, Twitter (which went to literally a blue shadow of a bird), Reddit, etc.

If our logo is bland it's gonna be your guys' fault, just saying

(Okay but to be serious, this is probably why we're having the community design the logo lol)

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#33 2021-04-03 20:03:01

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

MartenM wrote:

So adding new features wouldn't make the game work, but the examples you give are both new features you could just add to EE...

MartenM wrote:

"Moves on from the past"? "Modernize the game"? I've heard both of these buzzwords used by staff members over the last few years but haven't really got a grasp on what this means for EE. If I can suggest moving on from the past, I'd like to suggest moving on from the idea of a reboot I brought up like half a decade ago that kicked off this "reboot EE" movement that stuck around with every single staff team since.

Keep in mind that "modernizing the game" might be different in your eyes than the staff's. By my "modernizing the game" I'd want a literally improved version of the original game, but it's not even clear if EE! is supposed to even be that. It's supposed to have compatibility with EE worlds, but what does that even mean? Will we have the same physics? I don't know, because as far as I know the staff haven't made any clear announcements about that.

Different55 wrote:

My dude it's a game, not a website. You're comparing website trends to game design trends, it's apples and oranges.

Game design trends? What do you mean by this? If you mean things like coyote time and other platform game conveniences, those have been around for decades and could well be tried out in EE. Do you mean socializing and/or marketing features? If so that seems like a kinda shallow reason, since that could also be done for EE without leaving behind 10 years of progress of game design (custom worlds) by fans.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#34 2021-04-03 20:19:25

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I don’t think anyone wants pixel graphic back for nostalgia, but rather because it is more well-suited.

Tbf it's like comparing the stylish pixel art of the original Yoshi's Island VS the cartoony "baby's first platformer" style of modern Yoshi's wooly world and etc. One is clearly superior of the other. But i guess because it's "modern" now everyone tries to do away with the pixel style? It really sucks.
Maybe i can't have a say anymore cus i'm part of an older generation now, but i'd like to believe most teenagers and children would still enjoy the pixel art style of EE more than the modern.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#35 2021-04-03 21:07:10

Different55
Forum Admin

N1KF wrote:

Game design trends? What do you mean by this? If you mean things like coyote time and other platform game conveniences, those have been around for decades and could well be tried out in EE. Do you mean socializing and/or marketing features? If so that seems like a kinda shallow reason, since that could also be done for EE without leaving behind 10 years of progress of game design (custom worlds) by fans.

Specifically talking about graphic design. You do not design a website like you design a game, you can't hold up modernized websites and use that as evidence against a game with a more modern UI. They're entirely different fields, approached in entirely different ways with entirely different goals.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#36 2021-04-07 05:14:02

NoNK

MartenM wrote:

Without the nostalgia glasses on, EE is quite a.. boring game? For example, there are no music tracks or interaction sounds.

i am still playing and enjoying everybody edits offline and will fight you in real life, PM me your home world ID and I will see you in a few days... maybe you won't have the courage to say that to my face...

#37 2021-04-07 05:57:03, last edited by Obsessive-officer (2021-04-07 05:57:48)

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

Ondrashek06 wrote:

Twitter (which went to literally a blue shadow of a bird)

you do realize that twitter has had their current logo since 2012, and the "blue shadow of a bird" since 2010?

i think the old "better" logos are honestly just seen as better because people are blinded by their nostalgia or they want to go against modern times. given, there are probably a few people who think the old logos genuinely look better, which i will Respectfully Disagree with. but from a design standpoint, the minimalist logos are better for marketing and easier on the eyes
and calling it a trend is just dumb, it's been a thing for many many years

Ondrashek06 wrote:

People have ALWAYS hated those "modern", bland-looking themes.

i don't think everyone dislikes the "modern" logos, otherwise they wouldn't be changing them. i think you're just overestimating the loud (potentially) minority that complains about the oversimplification "trend"

Wooted by: (3)
rat1617771423789345

Board footer