Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-29 17:42:21

Satanya
Formerly Lunarys

Everybody Edits: New Decade, New Era, New Changes

Heya, everyone!!! It is I, Satanya, Lunarys, Musearys, whatever other names you know me by!!!, the new owner of Everybody Edits!!!

I have personally been playing this game since June or May of 2010, back when it was on Nonoba. I remember the days when every world was open and there was no god mode, and back when stair levels were super super popular! I remember being sooo excited for the account system and losing it when I saw Cyclone and Benjaminsen use their moderator mode. It was super exciting!!! Ohhh, and who can forget that awesome Christmas update when the shop was added?!
Short of it is, I've been around! Plenty and plenty. I've seen some of the absolute best of this community, and some of the worst. And the best parts of it is what I want to focus on, moving forward!

You have all given me plenty of positive memories of the game, and awesome experiences. I would like to give back to you all for that, and make a game that can, hopefully, mean a lot to everyone, and bring in players new and old alike!! A game we can all be proud of as a community.

Going forward, Everybody Edits will see many, many changes. From the minute, to the substantial. Let's begin with one such change: the staff team.

I have worked hard to handpick and vet every single staff member, old and new, to assemble a brand new superstar team!!! Without further ado, here are the changes to the staff team.

STAFF THAT WILL NOT BE STAYING

★ DEVELOPMENT TEAM ★

Xenonetix
My predecessor; the previous owner of Everybody Edits! He has done plenty in the game and has seen to making sure it stays alive, even past Flash's own lifespan. We have had extensive talks these past few weeks about transferring ownership to myself and my new team, which indeed came to fruition.
I hope we can all give him a warm goodbye!!! My experience in the old staff team with him was nothing short of positive.
Priddle
Xenonetix's own predecessor, Priddle! Priddle has done a lot of work on EEU and has tried to bring it up to date with all planned features. From our conversations, he is an extremely positive and fun person to chat with, and I'm thankful for having been his colleague!
Keztek
An awesome dev that has been with Everybody Edits for a long, long time! He was one of the first Guardians, when that was a thing.
JOHN
Another ultra amazing dev that I've had a blast to work with!! He will be staying on our team in an unofficial capacity to monitor progress and just be a part of the little community! It is very possible that he will return, secretly..., on working in Everybody Edits Universe.

★ MODERATOR TEAM ★

capasha
Thank you for your work, capasha. You've done quite a bit in terms of moderation and were quite active and nice, from what I've seen!! And from our conversations, you're quite cordial and fun to chat with. Which is a great big positive!! Capasha also went far above and beyond and created many, many tools for Everybody Edits that were and are quite popular.
ShiningBlade
You were an awesome mod, and extremely active in-game. I greatly respect you!! All future mods have huge shoes to fill thanks to you.

★ CAMPAIGN TEAM ★

Tiralmo
Although I am a supreme noob... I quite enjoyed your worlds and campaigns! They were quite creative, and awesome! You'll be missed!!
Master1
An awesome world builder and equally awesome Everybody Edits player!

★ GRAPHICS TEAM ★

Kentiya
An awesome graphics designer that created quite a few assets for Everybody Edits Universe!

★ MUSIC TEAM ★

RavaTroll
An awesome and fun composer, he has done plenty of work for Everybody Edits Universe, likely the most out of all of us. With ten tracks to work with, EEU is quite lucky to have had him as a composer!
NeonSynth
NeonSynth has made a few electronic sounding tracks for Everybody Edits Universe, and all of them, despite being long, are really, really great. Length and quality together are hard qualities to combine and he managed to do so successfully.

And, lastly, thank you all staff members, past and present, for your work! You were all truly, truly, truly wonderful, and Everybody Edits would not be where it is was it not for you all!

THE NEW STAFF TEAM

★ DEVELOPMENT TEAM ★

Fixelsan
CTO by day, Everybody Edits superstar dev by night, he will make sure to bring Everybody Edits to new heights, and help us create a game the community will be proud of!

★ PR TEAM ★

mutantdevle
Devle is someone who has been a very valued member of the community, and, even in the short time that I've had him work under us, he has never failed to impress me. He sums up community reactions well from all social media, assembles it for us all, and is good overall when it comes to checking everything I type!
Vice-T
A superstar marketing graduate, he has plenty of experience with communities and unruly behaviour. He will not only help ensure that the community is handled properly, but make sure that the game reaches new levels of popularity to revive it in this new era.

★ MODERATOR TEAM ★

mutantdevle
As stated before, Mutant has plenty of experience with the community and rule-making. He will be helping ensure the moderator team is in good hands, and on the same page!
Minimania
Full disclosure, Minimania is one of the awesomest people I know and one of my bestest friends! Those aside, he is undeniably one of the best mods Everybody Edits has ever had. He is extremely nice and kind, and just the kind of person the team needs!!!
Zoey2070
One of the past staff members, she has ample experience with moderating the game. She is levelheaded and quite patient, and a blast to work with!!
Hallamska
The owner of an epic Terraria mod called Mod of Redemption, Hallamska has ample experience with moderating communities.

★ CAMPAIGN TEAM ★

mewdots
mewdots has a plethora of experience with world making, both in Everybody Edits and outside of it, in games like Terraria and Starbound! She is a passionate world builder, and even with just a few minutes' practice after years of not touching it, managed to make some beautiful art in Everybody Edits!

★ MUSIC TEAM ★

onion
An extremely talented composer that I have personally worked with, he has ample experience when it comes to video game music!! He has composed the music for Monster Crown, and has worked with me personally on several of our own projects!
PlatinumMaster
Another composer that has a lot of talent and promise, Plat has done plenty of awesome remixes and tracks in the past. Plat, Onion, and I have been a team for nearly five years now, so we have quite the good dynamic together.

Lastly,
★ Satanya ★
That's me! First female Everybody Edits owner. Massive scopophobe. Um... what else? Absentminded!
With all these traits in mind, I know most of you may doubt my ability to lead the game, but trust me when I say I have many, many, many plans. And with this superstar team, we'll all make sure they come to fruition!!
It is important to take note that I will not manage every small detail of the game making aspect, which will make this job much easier on everyone involved. Tasks will be delegated, and there will be full disclosure to ensure that everyone is kept on the same page.

Thank you everyone I've mentioned, and those that chose not to be mentioned!
Let's all work together to make an awesome game!

Let's all welcome the staff team with open arms!~ Many of these names will sound unfamiliar to you, and that is because I intend on bringing in outside talent. This includes people that are very, very much capable of greatness but have not had any previous involvement with the community. There will be no such thing as "free work" under me! As a result, all future staff members will be handpicked.

Next change: the community itself. You are all awesome!! It's impossible to replace you. But I want to foster this community in a positive way with zero tolerance towards  hostility or harassment thrown at other users; make it a very welcoming place for players old and new alike to interact with one another!! So, let's begin with the first of these: Discord.

There are a lot of unofficial Everybody Edits Discord servers. The only official ones remain Patreon and Everybody Edits Universe, both of which are inaccessible to anyone that's not part of that highly limited community. We are long overdue for an official Discord server, one with its own dedicated and highly professional staff, with proper moderation!!! This Discord server is currently under construction. I will post an invite for all to see when it is time! For now, we are working on bots, perms, and channels!!

Next, the forums themselves.
Diff, Tomahawk, and BuzzerBee have done an epic job moderating it and fostering it! But the truth of the matter is that it is a bit archaic. It runs on older software, and an older format. Plus, it is about to become obsolete with the imminent death of EE (press F for me!!)
So, we will be hosting a new forum using new software and template when the time comes! A forum that is far more organised and one where we all can easily communicate with one another. A forum that will welcome new community members, and a forum where all ideas can be clearly expressed and organised!
Diff will be assisting with the creation of these new forums; as for forums staff members, this will fall entirely under him.

And next, Wiki.
The wiki will be hosted internally by us, and worked on by handpicked individuals. The Wiki should be open to all, or at least those with an account, and maintained by staff to ensure there is no vandalism or anything of the sort!! In essence, it should belong to the community, so that we can avoid bias.

And lastly, and likely most important, Everybody Edits Universe!! What will happen to it going forward? What are our plans? Who will develop them? CAN we even develop it?
Well, I can't answer some of these but I can tell you that we will develop it in an awesome way! I will go into detail in a future post, but for now, know that this game isn't forgotten and will be updated. Our long term plans for it are large, and, with a large and capable team, I'm certain we will make this work!! As for our short-term plans over the next few months, it is to let Fixel settle in and familiarise himself with the code, make some necessary structural changes, before cracking on with some of the previous team's promises, like the long awaited boosts!!!
In keeping with this whole idea of fresh starts, Everybody Edits will receive quite a few changes and upgrades! I'm certain we will make this work!! This is a much larger team, likely much larger than Everybody Edits has ever had before, with more financial backing and talent! I hope you are all as excited for this as we all are!!

tl;dr: game acquired 21st, post made 5.7 days after that, me owner, xeno not owner, ooga booga, EE plans to be announced in the future

Kthxbye!!!
Anna~

#2 2020-12-29 17:42:36

John

Re: Everybody Edits: New Decade, New Era, New Changes

you sure love being extremely verbose

PW?scale=2

#3 2020-12-29 17:43:03

Minimania
Moderation Team

I, for one, welcome our now Satanya overlord

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (5)

#4 2020-12-29 17:47:14

Satanya
Formerly Lunarys

John wrote:

you sure love being extremely verbose

Shush, you //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2020-12-29 17:57:27

Abiqi
Formerly Excoluss

Quite many changes lol

Not today...

Wooted by:

#6 2020-12-29 18:09:55

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

with just 1 dev that is completely new to the whole mess that ee/u is im kind of skeptical of your large plans for EEU
nonetheless i like your optimistic approach which shows in discord as well and not only in official posts like this one
replacing owner is a breath of fresh air that ee needed

Satanya wrote:

Next, the forums themselves.
Diff, Tomahawk, and BuzzerBee have done an epic job moderating it and fostering it! But the truth of the matter is that it is a bit archaic. It runs on older software, and an older format. Plus, it is about to become obsolete with the imminent death of EE (press F for me!!)
So, we will be hosting a new forum using new software and template when the time comes! A forum that is far more organised and one where we all can easily communicate with one another. A forum that will welcome new community members, and a forum where all ideas can be clearly expressed and organised!
Diff will be assisting with the creation of these new forums; as for forums staff members, this will fall entirely under him.

NO
hk54ti5n6tk11.png

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#7 2020-12-29 18:24:17, last edited by 2b55b5g (2020-12-29 18:25:31)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

what is pr team
im very excited btw even though i havent read the whole post yet.

i look forward to see what you guys can do! !! !

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#8 2020-12-29 18:25:28

John

TaskManager wrote:

with just 1 dev that is completely new to the whole mess that ee/u is im kind of skeptical of your large plans for EEU

fixel is a very capable dev - he should be fine!

PW?scale=2

#9 2020-12-29 18:58:00

Edilights
Website

Many changes , too much moving staff . If the staff told players that they are moving , we haven't abstract rhetoric answers . This will be hard . You can't manipulate players or employees .
Also , good luck for managing ways .

#10 2020-12-29 19:18:40

Bimps

Well I think that seals EEU's fate of either turning into a new game entirely seperate from eeu's vision of staying like ee, or just completely failing.  Sorry to be so pessimistic but an entirely new staff? Really? This game is doomed.

#11 2020-12-29 19:19:46

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

TaskManager wrote:

Benjaminsen did pretty well solo. Sounds like paychecks are planned so maybe it'll be way more efficient this way, especially if she leaves people to get on with stuff as promised.

Satanya wrote:

But I want to foster this community in a positive way with zero tolerance towards  hostility or harassment thrown at other users; make it a very welcoming place for players old and new alike to interact with one another!!

I'm glad to read this. Community friendliness is gonna be vital once new players start signing up. I smell a whole lot of temp/permabans around the corner for EE players who can't be nice... and rightly so!

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#12 2020-12-29 19:32:13

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Tomahawk wrote:

Benjaminsen did pretty well solo. Sounds like paychecks are planned so maybe it'll be way more efficient this way, especially if she leaves people to get on with stuff as promised

we had multiple occasions when a team of several devs did not do well (look at the past couple months), so there are valid examples for both scenarios
just saying that there are grounds for concern over the future progress of the project, but hey, any progress would be better than what we have currently, which is nothing
also it very much seems like the dev isnt in it for the money anyway plus i really doubt EE could offer competitive salary to a cto lol

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#13 2020-12-29 19:57:36

Ondrashek06

I will kinda miss the old DevTeam...
Even though I have no complaints about the new DT at all, why only one member instead of 4? I don't really think one person can handle a whole game.

#14 2020-12-29 20:05:16

Rivelka

I hope, that 2021 will be better than 2020. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#15 2020-12-29 20:24:39, last edited by Gosha (2020-12-29 20:26:54)

Gosha

Don't know the majority of staff members, as expected
hopefully that's for the best!

edit: most of the ee veteran community is in https://discord.gg/eeunofficial
(would you mind to join so we can all learn about you? Not many of us are in official channels (i am in but i don't talk there much at all)

Wooted by:

#16 2020-12-29 20:28:51

Pqwerty

welcom

glhf

#17 2020-12-29 20:49:56

Bluecloud

I was a bit worried with the death of flash and EEU, but the transparency here has me reassured that the future of EE is in the right hands. Thank you

goodbye ee, i'll miss you

#18 2020-12-29 20:54:04

32OrtonEdge32dh
Website

Ondrashek06 wrote:

I will kinda miss the old DevTeam...
Even though I have no complaints about the new DT at all, why only one member instead of 4? I don't really think one person can handle a whole game.

No offense to the old team, but one person who knows what they're doing, without a crazy boss and with proper motivation, can easily push the game further in less time and with better results than the old team could.

32ortonedge32dh.gif

#19 2020-12-29 21:25:11

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99

I mean at least this gives us a better chance of having actual updates

shop early 2020 btw

the only updates had for the last like 5 months have been music lobby themes and bug fixes so at least be optimistic

#20 2020-12-29 21:44:11

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Satanya wrote:

Fixelsan
Vice-T
Hallamska
mewdots
onion
PlatinumMaster

Would be nice for these people to introduce themselves properly and explain how/why they're suddenly staff.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#21 2020-12-29 21:49:27

Nikodemzak

I think, this could be something good

Sup

#22 2020-12-29 21:55:28

Joeyjoey65

hold me

#23 2020-12-29 22:01:29

peace

but
we alreadyhave a wiki....
and why upgrade an game that is goign to be killed like uhm
uhm
tomorrow...

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#24 2020-12-29 22:05:28

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Omg this is a nice late Christmas gift

THIS is some EE news I can get excited about

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#25 2020-12-29 22:05:50, last edited by Blackmask (2020-12-30 01:22:25)

Blackmask

Sounds exciting ! I look forward to seeing how far EEU will go , good luck !

Kaleb1641475855792294

Board footer