Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-08-07 08:23:53

Music Man

EE Hero Source Code

Tkwp8rZ.gif

This is a guitar hero bot I made a long time ago. Since I don't play EE anymore I figured I could share this before the game shuts down.

I only ever ran this in my world, so all of the block positions are hard-coded. If you want to run it you'll have to place a few things. This is what my world looks like:

Hidden text

Most of the important stuff will auto generate, so for a bare minimum you just need to place the border:

Hidden text

Download Executable

Download Source

Instructions on how to play and use commands can be found in my level.

As a side note, I made this when I was still learning to program so the code has lots of dumb stuff in it (for example, I didn't know how enumeration worked so I would just cast it into an int every time I used it, and also stored coordinates with it). If someone wants to use this code for something then please do, and I'm sorry it stinks so bad.

Thanks to everyone who helped playtest this, and to kirby for making the logo.

#2 2020-08-07 08:35:00

XxAtillaxX

Re: EE Hero Source Code

Very cool. I don't remember seeing this in the lobby, but it sounds like it'd be fun.
I thought about making a guitar hero bot but instead of moving the blocks, it would draw arrows w/ backgrounds and have the player fall down a very tall world (50x20000) in order to eliminate block placement delays.
In essence, it'd just find out how accurate they were to the arrow when they sent the movement packet.

For a smiley face game, it doesn't really matter how good the source code is, so long as it's functional. But yeah, good work! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

signature.png
*u stinky*

#3 2020-08-07 14:14:38

capasha

Re: EE Hero Source Code

I really like this BAL. I have never seen it in EE before. And that you want to share the sourcecode too is really nice.

capasha1596806078783930

Board footer