Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-25 20:34:33

Latif

My game: The Graveyard 2

So two years ago I made a game called The Graveyard and shared it here with you guys. This year I made a new version of the game with some better graphics and game play. It's still in development but it would be great if you can try it out and give some feedback (if you have any) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Here's the link to the game: http://flowlab.io/game/play/727095

If you're too lazy to play it, here's a game play video: https://streamable.com/fva56

Have fun and merry christmas!

oswLODW.png

FAQ

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2019-12-25 21:15:23

peace

Re: My game: The Graveyard 2

what is thi sgame about and do you ever intent to release it on kongregate?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#3 2019-12-25 22:35:06

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

nice!
did you make the soundtrack yourself? what did you use to make it?
is Flowlab itself some kind of html5 framework for game development or did you use some other html5 frameworks/tools/libs??

complaints:
1) in multiplayer the S key means crouch for player 1 but the analogous down arrow key for player 2 is used to shoot
this is counter intuitive plus the player 2 is unable to crouch?
2) the antialisaing or rather lack of it hurts my eyes a little bit, look at the arrows, text and background shapes:
NV4ii5T.png

suggestion:
when i spam mouse button click anywhere in the game, it highlights the text under the game (as if i was double clicking the text)
consider blocking that double click, i think this can be done with event.preventDefault()

this is pretty cool i like the sounds and the graphics
and the variety of enemies is nice

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2019-12-26 00:42:27

Latif

peace wrote:

what is thi sgame about and do you ever intent to release it on kongregate?

This game is about shooting skeletons and surviving for as long as possible? Did that answer your question?

I didn't think about uploading the game to Kongregate. I think that's a good idea for when the game is done, thanks.

TaskManager wrote:
Hidden text

I did not make the in-game soundtrack myself, but I did make the (annoying) menu music. I used soundtrap for that. I don't focus a lot on creating music because I suck at it. I was working on a soundtrack but it really doesn't fit to the game. One soundtrack also ended up being this for some reason. In short, I would love to make my own soundtrack, but I have failed.

Flowlab is an online game creator made in HTML5 that I've been using for 6 years now. There is no text based programming, it's almost like scratch where you work with "blocks" you need to connect with each other. It was perfect for me back when I was 11, but now I'm learning how to make real HTML5 games since Flowlab has a lot of limitations and it's hard to keep the code organized.

1) Crouch is useless. I should actually remove it because I added it as a joke to tbag on skeletons. For player 2 I didn't really know what key I should use for shoot. I thought arrow down was good because you could play with one hand just like with WAD+space, but it also didn't really make a lot of sense since player 1 doesn't shoot with S. Have any suggestions?

2) That's very strange because for me it looks a lot smoother:
hekH7oM.png
Is your browser zoomed in or something? Your screenshot is a lot bigger than the game's canvas which is 672x448px. I honestly don't know what's wrong.

I'm aware of the highlight issue, this is a very recent thing. I'll tell the developer about it so he can fix it.

I appreciate the feedback, thanks a lot.

Wooted by:

#5 2019-12-26 11:20:16

peace

Latif wrote:

This game is about shooting skeletons and surviving for as long as possible? Did that answer your question?

I didn't think about uploading the game to Kongregate. I think that's a good idea for when the game is done, thanks.

1. yes i now know what teh game is  about and i guess there are upgrades to make yourself better does it have levels or is it idle or semi idle orso?
2. i play on kongregate alot (infact i play everythign but EE there right now) and i like kogn has a chat so your nro dead playing for idle games i great if they have an ingame chat to discuss your progress this game could fall into that catogory aswell talkign abotu progress but i don tknow how big your game is and when you can have an own ingame chat on kong but kogn always has a chat desired in your own language so theres always somethign o chat with ill maby check he game once its done but im not sure

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1577355616770786

Board footer