Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-01 01:03:31

Kira

The Shop

I know this sounds totally insane but

What if we completely deleted the energy shop and gave the players all the necessary tools to build levels?
Everybody edits is originally a sandbox right?

"How would the game make profit?"
Instead, we could keep the gems and let the players pay to buy purely aesthetics items such as Big spender, colored auras, gold membership and the prestigious diamond.

I don't think this is a game-breaking thing, instead, it would do more good than bad and would solve a lot of issues.

#2 2017-05-01 01:06:02

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Re: The Shop

I actually think this addition would be crucial to the future of the game and would further the development for UnitEE IMO.

Good suggestion @Kira.

#3 2017-05-01 01:08:50

Koya
Fabulous Member

I think blocks (non-actions) that are old should automatically be free and keep classic items in the shop (or keep them only for a bit longer - their price could decrease over time until free); I don't think EE has the financial cushion to just outright remove the shop items.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2017-05-01 01:34:49

Freckleface

I mean, all blocks are just reskins of the basic grey block.

I think the shop exists so that players are not overwhelmed when they edit a world. With the shop you can see what it does before you buy.

F

#5 2017-05-01 01:55:47

soniiiety

this is a super idea and good one also cool idea mod admins etc please dont disagree its sad to say no and not have this idea into the game

#6 2017-05-01 02:09:38

MNMNHJ

I personally believe that players that are just starting up are given too many items. Sure, it makes sense to make things free overtime and such, but to nearly have 2 pages of Blocks from the Get-Go is kinda eh on someone who's been playing for 6 years.

Wyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.pngWyr8Tev.png

#7 2017-05-01 04:35:07

Minisaurus
Banned

What about:
(Shop item / Issue)

- Worlds: For free mean limitation, if its infinite that mean saturation of EE with infinite worlds and spam of them, as consequence there must be a limitation, and I would prefer to get them for energy per world than having a limit maximum amount of world per player.

- Crew purchase: For free mean spam of crew names and a possible black market for crew names, because there will be 3 less names for crews for every player, every player will have 3 own crews for free adding +3 per alt account (all of it for free).

- New special or seasonal items/graphic items: That mean give all of them for free, making them common and nothing special.

- Campaigns: Removing energy would mean a harder way to find a reward for the campaigns and that would mean less campaign releases.

That would mean give every alt account all of the items without any effort, the main purpose of the topic suggestion.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

If it mean make every graphical item only asequible spending gems:

That would make quit a lot of players, and EE is not a big community I may say.

- Blocks and musical tools: both are required to make art, and if everything is only purchasable by using gems it would mean less artist in the game and less possibilities for the new players to provide EE decent diverse worlds creations.

- Golden membership & Beta: That would mean make both of them useless and nonsense, needing to remove both because actually everything would be only asequible by gems, making both of them as well one more package.

#8 2017-05-01 05:13:23

Gosha

I remember long time ago kira created topic like that.

I totally agree with it.

You should give away every block in the game (except diamond and contest ones ofc)

The main "cool" stat should be smiles.

Wooted by:

#9 2017-05-01 07:59:01

soniiiety

Yes gosha don't listen to them they should go play growtopia if they don't like free stuff they just want the newbie to be poor means poor gets poorer and the rich get richer ? Please don't make it like growtopia  guys please leave ee if your growtopia fanboys

Wooted by:

#10 2017-05-01 12:51:58

Guest.

why? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#11 2017-05-01 13:30:21

Gosha

Ernesdo wrote:

Many "new" (even from 2013) players can't do in-game art because they don't have blocks they need.

What would you choose: show off in front of the noobs for having every singe block in ee or play better levels?

#12 2017-05-01 14:39:53

Anatoly

No. Do not make shop items cost money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [size=100%]NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

#13 2017-05-01 14:58:06

Kira

AnatolyEE wrote:

No. Do not make shop items cost money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [size=100%]NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

3Vv2G6v.png

#14 2017-05-01 21:46:21

Guest.

Gosha wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

Many "new" (even from 2013) players can't do in-game art because they don't have blocks they need.

What would you choose: show off in front of the noobs for having every singe block in ee or play better levels?

having more blocks =/= better levels

anyway i always saw blocks as something to earn and as a strategy to keep players playing (the longer you stay in the game, the more accessories you are able to purchase for free)

however i'm a little indifferent on action blocks since those are a bit more special

#15 2017-05-01 23:35:14

soniiiety

Yes I can't wait till they make all the blocks free and if they fail at doing so and not going to have the game anymore and they shut down the game it would be alright if someone stole the game since no one wants it?

#16 2017-05-02 00:42:14

Guest.

soniiiety wrote:

Yes I can't wait till they make all the blocks free and if they fail at doing so and not going to have the game anymore and they shut down the game it would be alright if someone stole the game since no one wants it?

wise words from a wise man

#17 2017-05-02 00:44:26

soniiiety

Well all I need to do is wait for answers because I have nothing else to say unless I need to or someone says something diff

#18 2017-05-02 05:54:58

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Gosha wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

But many "good" worlds are made with basic blocks...

#19 2017-05-02 10:27:44

Gosha

Ernesdo wrote:

having more blocks =/= better levels

i agree with that

but my point is that everybody should have equal amount of blocks

#20 2017-05-02 17:35:35

Anatoly

Kira wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/3Vv2G6v.png

FF2psPb.png

#21 2017-05-02 21:57:30

Koya
Fabulous Member

AnatolyEE wrote:
Kira wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/FF2psPb.png

Dude, you were way off - switch 1mm and the 1km.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#22 2017-05-02 22:30:37

Kira

For years now, staff has always been scared to radically change the game, they want to "preserve" the good old Everybody Edits.

However, we can't continue that way. The further we go into time, the bigger our block list and smiley list gets. The reason why Everybody Edits had so much "success" during the Chris era is mainly because of its simplicity, its welcoming community full of passionate players. The shop was simple to understand and not flooded. In the classic bar, I remember having Santa and Valentine.

Now, Let's take a look at classic shop, from 2017:

0902930f9a5b483a8921a7ebb7c078dc.png

In total: 37 smileys, each of them costs 15 gems:
37x15 = 555 Gems
+20 (New year 2011 and Valentine 2015 have a smiley + decos)
575 Gems in total.

Do you really think a player would go out of his way and buy items costing more than a big spender?

Oh, I apologize, I forgot to count the decorations packs:
In total the decorations packs are worth 490 Gems

490 Gems + 575 Gems = 1065 Gems.

That's right. More than a diamond block. Yet you want to make the game "more welcoming", what kind of joke is that exactly?
I don't even want to count the amount of energy you need to buy every smileys and blocks, It's a waste of time. The shop is probably one of the most evident issue, yet, everyone has been ignoring it.

#23 2017-05-02 22:36:57, last edited by Koya (2017-05-02 22:37:45)

Koya
Fabulous Member

Kira wrote:

For years now, staff has always been scared to radically change the game, they want to "preserve" the good old Everybody Edits.

However, we can't continue that way. The further we go into time, the bigger our block list and smiley list gets. The reason why Everybody Edits had so much "success" during the Chris era is mainly because of its simplicity, its welcoming community full of passionate players. The shop was simple to understand and not flooded. In the classic bar, I remember having Santa and Valentine.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/0902930f … c078dc.png

37x15 = 555 Gems
575 Gems in total.

Do you really think a player would go out of his way and buy items costing more than a big spender?

That's right. More than a diamond block. Yet you want to make the game "more welcoming", what kind of joke is that exactly?
I don't even want to count the amount of energy you need to buy every smileys and blocks, It's a waste of time. The shop is probably one of the most evident issue, yet, everyone has been ignoring it.

I do agree that is pretty ridiculous, I have been saying for a little while that old things should be free (or getting like 1 free pack (or more, need to get all of the items in like 2 weeks) a day (plus they can spend energy on new stuff) would still encourage people to return daily which is what I think the shop is for).

Don't abolish the shop but there is a lot of cool content that will never be used by players.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#24 2017-05-03 02:59:57

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Koya wrote:
Kira wrote:

http://image.prntscr.com/image/0902930f … c078dc.png

37x15 = 555 Gems
575 Gems in total.

I do agree that is pretty ridiculous, I have been saying for a little while that old things should be free (or getting like 1 free pack (or more, need to get all of the items in like 2 weeks) a day (plus they can spend energy on new stuff) would still encourage people to return daily which is what I think the shop is for).

Don't abolish the shop but there is a lot of cool content that will never be used by players.

That is also a great point but we shouldn't be worrying about what is happening now in the Everybody Edits community, we need to go further and look at Everybody Edits in the future and base what we really need to do off of that. Because really the shop should stay the way it is because we can have the next updates that have blocks be free to all players. And maybe every once in a while we will get an update that requires us to buy.

These things can be taken into consideration as an alternative to both sides of this.

But by all means if you really want  an equal af opportunity then keep the most expensive packs in the shops an  make cheaper ones free.

And there are even more alternatives, like maybe have all packs free but when we get a special pack (blocks+smiley) then that would be a justified scenario to purchase blocks from the shop.

Oh, and for sake of the cause I would recommend not changing anything that has to do with the smileys because I personally think smileys are an item to "show off" or represent you irl, while also giving you that justification to spend your energy.

Wooted by:

#25 2017-05-03 17:22:30

Anatoly

Koya wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:
Kira wrote:
AnatolyEE wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/FF2psPb.png

Dude, you were way off - switch 1mm and the 1km.

Okay continue like this, bully, and you will be next demoted!

Gosha1493840385658370

Board footer