Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2017-04-17 16:55:26

Insanity

Re: EE Complete UI Redesign [WIP : V1]

it actually looks dope

mirin UI aesthetics

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#27 2017-04-17 17:01:04

Myst

Onjit wrote:

I'm just going to dig this up because I think it's pretty great and worth reconsidering for UnitEE etc (since there are different people working on it now)

do you still believe this Unity Web Player coming to EE?
Since Firefox 52 is Unity dead

#28 2017-04-17 17:04:01

LukeM
Website

Mysterion wrote:
Onjit wrote:

I'm just going to dig this up because I think it's pretty great and worth reconsidering for UnitEE etc (since there are different people working on it now)

do you still believe this Unity Web Player coming to EE?
Since Firefox 52 is Unity dead

WebGL still works though, although it isnt currently supported by playerIO (there probably would be a fairly easy work-around though)

Wooted by:

#29 2017-04-17 17:44:54, last edited by N1KF (2017-04-17 17:48:54)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Hi N1KF here for my obligatory "minimalist graphics are ugly" post. Normally I'd give some mercy to suggestions like this but this is from a former moderator, and everybody seems to be wooting this with little opposition so let me rebel for a moment here:

The menu looks flat. The gradients we already have gives depth, but with your suggestion the buttons look like stickers on a flat piece of paper. The buttons are so bland they look like part of the background. Even if one were to consider this bland minimalist stye acceptable, it still clashes with the in-game graphics (most noticeably on the in-game hotbar).

Why did the energy, gem, and minimap icons have to get replaced? They were completely fine how they were, and now they're a lot more plain and generic. I don't go in a jewelry shop and see single-shaded flat silhouette gems. Even Samurai Jack had more outlines than this!

You got rid of the pixelated text. It looks more like a generic smartphone app than a stylized Flash game. Even the logo was a victim of this. Additionally, the round letters don't look good with the rectangular buttons. Even our current style matches up, by having blocky text on blocky buttons.

The white text on those green buttons is hard to read. You either need to make that green darker, or make the text darker than the green itself.

The world list is still just as messy as what we have now. For example, there are a bunch of stats jumbled below every world. Also, the sorting options are inconsistent (categories/sorting options mixed into a single thing??). My Turbofusion Megasuggestion topic gives some solutions to these. (you can just ignore the entire "turbofusion" part if you want to—just look at the graphics)

There are many flaws with this style, and I hope that this doesn't become official. Considering how popular this topic was, it might just happen.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#30 2017-04-17 21:19:46

Guest.

i really don't like this
there's too many things, it all looks so big
also simplistic =/= good

Wooted by:

#31 2017-04-18 01:22:56

Cola1

I don't think the fonts should be changed, I feel like Nokia Cellphone FC fits the EE Lobby well, but that could just be nostalgia goggles. Also I agree with most of N1KF's points.

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#32 2017-04-18 16:35:39

Koya
Fabulous Member

Cola1 wrote:

I don't think the fonts should be changed, I feel like Nokia Cellphone FC fits the EE Lobby well, but that could just be nostalgia goggles. Also I agree with most of N1KF's points.

Ignore this thread :^)

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Koya1492529739655300

Board footer