Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-10 19:55:12

Mieaz

Additions to make EE more builder-friendly

An incomplete list on how building in EE can be less painful:

Hotkey and mouse hover as block picker

Hover mouse over block and when you click specific hotkey (preferably "R" as it's close and unused) the block will appear in your current slot.

LTS53mg.gif

Holder for block picker without specific number

Might sound confusing, but it's same as above, but when shift is held before R block is added in this holder. (selection moves to chosen block ofc)
The point is that you can easily pick blocks from screen without ruining current palette and opening block menu

vGUhUmG.png

There's no number for this holder as clicking R will pick another block, but it would be good to make it scrollable (see below)

Scrolling with mouse wheel through block bar

Simple but incredibly useful, a lot easier to pick blocks, especially on slots 8, 9 and 0.
(scroll can ofc jump from slots: first to last (backwards) and last to first (forwards))

zHcG92Z.gif

Morph blocks before placing them

Clicking on item in block menu or block bar changes its morph and saves it like that client-side until you leave world
(Useful when placing many morphed blocks (e.g. lots of blue signs or one-ways but also other morphables))

oBrsGha.gif

Usable Q/E with portal IDs

Addition to recent update with Q/E
For world portals it should work same as clicking +/- (Idk why it isn't like that right now)

And as for normal and invis portals it should work the same way, but Tab changes which ID will be changed (source ID, or target ID)

CONTENT WARNING: Flashing white letters just for explanation

So that's it, building is main part of EE and it bugged me that it's sometimes rather annoying than enjoyable.
I mixed ideas on this topic by searching forum because if they were added years ago there would probably be a lot more players now, so I hope future staff (whoever that will be) might consider these improvements.
and Thanks for reading //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

Mieaz1491850512654198

Board footer