Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-07 22:55:03

danielcool1
Website

Instruments

How about adding instruments to EE?
Wouldn't that be cool?
Instruments like Clarinet, Trumpet, Flute, Tuba, Trombone, and more, all of them in EE?
It would be cool and if they would be added, players can make music masterpieces.

AnnrjYL.png q1EPQvE.png

Thank AnatolyEE for the picture on top of this link. And credit to Bluecloud for making a signature for me at the picture next to AnatolyEE.

My YouTube Channel

#2 2017-04-07 22:59:43

LukeM
Website

Re: Instruments

The thing is, there are so many noises you could make with these instruments, so there would either have to be a lot of different noises, or you would have to leave a lot out

Wooted by:

#3 2017-04-07 23:21:02

danielcool1
Website

destroyer123 wrote:

The thing is, there are so many noises you could make with these instruments, so there would either have to be a lot of different noises, or you would have to leave a lot out

ah, i see

AnnrjYL.png q1EPQvE.png

Thank AnatolyEE for the picture on top of this link. And credit to Bluecloud for making a signature for me at the picture next to AnatolyEE.

My YouTube Channel

#4 2017-04-07 23:41:55

Koya
Fabulous Member

Brass instruments don't really work in short blasts, and stringed instruments sound weird (but passable) when played over a short amount of time. Piano and drum work because they can just be played in less than half a second and sound great.

destroyer123 wrote:

We should be able to pick individual frequencies and harmonies, easy.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#5 2017-04-08 00:19:46

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I think we should have generic orchestral "strings" instrument. This would help give harmony to a song without having to use noisy piano chords or arpeggios. A bass instrument of some sort would also be nice.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#6 2017-04-08 09:09:52

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Koya wrote:

Brass instruments don't really work in short blasts, and stringed instruments sound weird (but passable) when played over a short amount of time. Piano and drum work because they can just be played in less than half a second and sound great.

Why can't we have sound effects that play for a longer period of time though? Personally, I wouldn't mind hitting a block and then having a sound play for about 10 seconds (exaggerated example). This of course brings the problem that if it lasts more than a few seconds what would happen if you retouch the block before the sound finishes? In which case I'd suggest that the sound from a single block cannot be replayed until it has finished playing in the first place. (If a player hits 2 of the same block consecutively then they will both play the sound for their individual duration's, this is so that music levels can still play sounds if the brass instrument is played again before the first one has finished).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#7 2017-04-08 09:38:38

Sensei1

Sustained sounds will work if they're monophonic. For example, if you hit a trumpet note block it will play until you hit another trumpet note block (or a mute block). So hitting another note block doesn't add another note, but changes the note.

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2017-04-08 11:03:00

LukeM
Website

I would maybe add a time parameter, because a now until then thing would prevent you from doing a lot of things (e.g multiple notes at the same time) Also it would prevent a mute block from being left out causing the note being played forever

#9 2017-04-08 16:17:41

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

destroyer123 wrote:

I would maybe add a time parameter, because a now until then thing would prevent you from doing a lot of things (e.g multiple notes at the same time) Also it would prevent a mute block from being left out causing the note being played forever

I don't like the idea of making music blocks too complex. If muting becomes a problem, just have a time limit (10-20s) that must past before the note stops playing.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#10 2017-04-08 17:43:40

Kirby

N1KF wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

I don't like the idea of making music blocks too complex. If muting becomes a problem, just have a time limit (10-20s) that must past before the note stops playing.

muting would be inefficient as if you're doing a chord youd need to waste a lot of space on mute blocks, when having a sustain slider would just be nicer to use and would make the song look like not as much of a ****

Wooted by: (2)
Kirby1491669820653765

Board footer