Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Advertisement

Hello, visitor! These forums are run off of the revenue generated from these ads. If you'd like to support us, please whitelist us or consider donating:

#1 2017-03-17 19:36:21

Tomahawk

Empty border doesn't save

If you erase any of the border then save and reload the world, the border gets replaced with grey basic blocks instead of staying empty.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#2 2017-03-18 04:56:21

showpath

Re: Empty border doesn't save

If there is 0 blocks in the world it will instantly put the border, this was created a long time ago for creating new worlds.
It will not be fixed.

Also reported by

#3 2017-03-18 16:54:40

Tomahawk

It will replace missing border regardless of what other blocks there are in the world.

showpath wrote:

It will not be fixed.

What exactly won't be fixed? Should the update notice have been:

NVD wrote:

- Air block can now be placed on world border, but it won't be saved.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#4 2017-03-18 17:51:56

destroyer123

Im guessing that, as showpath says, it only saves if there are absolutely no blocks in the world, so it will save if you have anything else there, just not if you completely empty a world and completely remove the boarder (citation needed)

Also reported by

#5 2017-03-18 18:40:15

Tomahawk

destroyer123 wrote:

Im guessing that, as showpath says, it only saves if there are absolutely no blocks in the world, so it will save if you have anything else there, just not if you completely empty a world and completely remove the boarder (citation needed)

Why not test it and avoid guessing? It doesn't save empty border blocks full stop.

#6 2017-03-18 19:02:28

destroyer123

Tomahawk wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Why not test it and avoid guessing? It doesn't save empty border blocks full stop.

I was just going off what showpath said, but it seems you are right and this is a bug that should be fixed... Im guessing that showpath didnt understand what you mean (or just skim-read the message).

#7 2017-03-20 03:18:34

azurepudding

showpath wrote:

If there is 0 blocks in the world it will instantly put the border, this was created a long time ago for creating new worlds.
It will not be fixed.

but it does this even when there ARE blocks in the world.  when you save the world, any air on border becomes gray basic upon leaving and returning. It is a bug.. i am also unsure why no blocks in the world = gray border again is an intended feature.  if you save a world, but it doesn't save the world as you made it, it is very much a bug to me. it's like having all coins disappear from a world when you save, and saying it's a feature not a bug.

i am not certain but there's a small bit of gray basic in the update world too, in the border.  I'm wondering if this was meant to show off air in the border, but it became gray basic again.

Last edited by azurepudding (2017-03-20 03:21:17)

#8 2017-03-20 09:20:14

destroyer123

azurepudding wrote:
showpath wrote:

It will not be fixed.

but it does this even when there ARE blocks in the world.  when you save the world, any air on border becomes gray basic upon leaving and returning. It is a bug.. i am also unsure why no blocks in the world = gray border again is an intended feature.  if you save a world, but it doesn't save the world as you made it, it is very much a bug to me. it's like having all coins disappear from a world when you save, and saying it's a feature not a bug.

i am not certain but there's a small bit of gray basic in the update world too, in the border.  I'm wondering if this was meant to show off air in the border, but it became gray basic again.

I think no blocks in world->reset is a feature because that's how worlds are when you first create them, but when you load it, the boarder is filled in.
If this isn't the case when it's probably to fix some bug.

The 0 blocks thing isn't really a bug because what would be the point of having a completely empty the world, there would be plenty of reasons to have coins in your world, but an empty world would be pointless.

#9 2017-03-20 20:02:39

azurepudding

destroyer123 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
showpath wrote:

It will not be fixed.

I think no blocks in world->reset is a feature because that's how worlds are when you first create them, but when you load it, the boarder is filled in.
If this isn't the case when it's probably to fix some bug.

The 0 blocks thing isn't really a bug because what would be the point of having a completely empty the world, there would be plenty of reasons to have coins in your world, but an empty world would be pointless.

but as i said, it fills back the border even if you have stuff in the world.  it's not an empty world only thing.  it happens no matter what, empty world or full world.

my point is that coins or no border, removing what you edited even if you save, isn't a real save.  the game takes part of what you wanted your world to be like away.  and i do not think that should be considered a feature.  it's a bug.  if this only happened with empty worlds then this technical bug could be done without fixing because it's an empty world.  but this is not the case here.

Last edited by azurepudding (2017-03-20 20:04:02)

Also reported by
azurepudding1490036559651713

Board footer