Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-15 10:13:48, last edited by Gosha (2017-03-15 10:19:04)

Gosha

0 points Spam warning

I am tired of getting banned for useless "unfair" reasons

i got banned for this post
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 27#p649827

i tried to point that "if you want to suggest your own design - post it there"
but instead i posted just a link

hummerz decided that it is spam and i got banned for 1 week
but is it the right policy to do this?

Lets see:

I have a problem. My post is incorrect
I could easily correct it if hummerz just told me this.
but instead he bans me but "incorrect post" is still there ( i am not blameing hummerz here, but forums warning system but yes i think hummerz overdoing his job)

i suggest adding " 0 points spam warning " or  " Friendly-reminder "

mod Pms user about inappropriate post and says to correct it
no bans

:anrgy::mad::mad:

btw i am not the one who can express my thoughts well so i hope you understand the problem correctly

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2017-03-15 12:05:21, last edited by LukeM (2017-03-15 12:06:21)

LukeM
Website

Re: 0 points Spam warning

I dont see whats so hard about not getting banned...
Just make sure you always put at least some text in every post, make sure everything is relevant, dont avoid censoring, and be nice, thats basically all you need to do

Also, you werent just banned because of the spam, you would have had to have been given at least another 7/8 points before that, which could be considered your 'friendly reminders'

Wooted by:

#3 2017-03-15 12:32:53, last edited by Gosha (2017-03-15 12:34:12)

Gosha

destroyer123 wrote:

I dont see whats so hard about not getting banned...
Just make sure you always put at least some text in every post, make sure everything is relevant, dont avoid censoring, and be nice, thats basically all you need to do

My idea is that there is no point in banning in the first place. You can just point at the mistake and let person fix it because it require the same moves for mods and it's much better way to teach people rules

The main point of mods is not banning people, but keep forums clean
Even if mod bans me - post is still there, untouched

#4 2017-03-15 12:32:58

Zumza

I also support this.
Not going to story why, because he might consider it off-topic. Who knows even saying that is off-topic. omg off-topic recursion is happening now, i should stop.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#5 2017-03-15 12:47:52, last edited by LukeM (2017-03-15 12:50:36)

LukeM
Website

Gosha wrote:
destroyer123 wrote

My idea is that there is no point in banning in the first place. You can just point at the mistake and let person fix it because it require the same moves for mods and it's much better way to teach people rules

Overall it would mean the mods would have to put in more work though, because you are more likely to try not to break the rules if you will be banned if you dont.
I guess it might be better if you could fix the mistakes youself, but you would have already had multiple chances to do that already, and if you are still breaking the rules, then there should be a bigger punishment to act as a deterrent

Edit: The way it is now is basically the same as having a 0-point warning, but without the mods needing to keep track of how many warnings youve had (first 2 points dont count, then the third one actually triggers the ban)

#6 2017-03-15 14:07:58

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

+1 been saying this for a long time.

Gosha wrote:

This annoys me so much. Of all the **** I've been warned for (26 warning pts), only one post was edited by a mod. If what I've posted is so bad... why are you not jumping to remove it from the forums?

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#7 2017-03-15 18:06:05

hummerz5

Gosha wrote:

MrJaWapa wrote:

This annoys me so much. Of all the **** I've been warned for (26 warning pts), only one post was edited by a mod. If what I've posted is so bad... why are you not jumping to remove it from the forums?

Agreed, perhaps I/(we?) would make more sense by removing offending material.

Gosha wrote:

The central idea to bans isn't that you decide to declare them bad, but to decide that it's in your best interest to stop with the behavior. Positive punishment. Allowing fixes would make it easier on the user, but the other method has a more productive learning curve. In fact, there shouldn't even be learning at all. I think we've come full circle.
It's not really about bans teaching the individual, it's about the individual simply not breaking the rules to begin with. -- The secondary function is teaching. However, there's plenty leeway to not make bans an absolute; people make mistakes, etc.

Zumza wrote:

I also support this.
Not going to story why, because he might consider it off-topic. Who knows even saying that is off-topic. omg off-topic recursion is happening now, i should stop

Please explain your point. You're quite blatantly begging the question. "I have things to say, great things! But I won't tell you them. Yet."

Also, gosha, I'm not sure you can make the case for learning benefits. Arguably a ban or warning carries more weight than a "shame go fix" situation. your warning list is full of similar repeat offenses -- your argument seems to lack solid footing

Wooted by:

#8 2017-03-15 19:17:46

skullz17

If you get banned because of something that seems too small to you, it's because your previous decisions were too bad. It reminds me of strategy games, where the game may reach a point where it's impossible for a team to win, because the choices they made up until that point were simply too bad. At that point in the game, it may feel unfair to that team, but it isn't. They got outplayed.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#9 2017-03-15 20:26:22

Zumza

0 point would be a good idea when the incident happens for the first time. if you repeatedly do the same thing a non null warning should be applied, in my opinion.

hummerz5 wrote:
Zumza wrote:

I also support this.
Not going to story why, because he might consider it off-topic. Who knows even saying that is off-topic. omg off-topic recursion is happening now, i should stop

Please explain your point.

Theres no point, its off-topic.

Wooted by:

#10 2017-03-15 20:40:36

LukeM
Website

Zumza wrote:

0 point would be a good idea when the incident happens for the first time. if you repeatedly do the same thing a non null warning should be applied, in my opinion.

This is essentially what the warning system already does (you dont get punished for your first points, only once you get 3)
What this topic is describing is essentially a warning system for the warning system... I dont think this is really needed

#11 2017-03-15 20:47:37, last edited by Zumza (2017-03-15 20:51:00)

Zumza

destroyer123 wrote:
Zumza wrote:

This is essentially what the warning system already does (you dont get punished for your first points, only once you get 3)
What this topic is describing is essentially a warning system for the warning system... I dont think this is really needed

not all warnings have 1 point some of them have 3 and over
and lets get back to OP case. He got a week ban because he posted a wrong link

#12 2017-03-15 20:53:48

hummerz5

^ And some warnings are felt to not need the freebie. If the infraction seems potentially innocent, the system works in the person's favor.

Also, I try to give new folks a verbal warning for first-time accidental spam or something. I suppose it could be a zero-pointer... that depends on where the system is heading

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2017-03-15 21:13:53

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Ipwner has repeatedly warned me about this hummerz5 fellow being a very nazi individual regarding these types of things. Better watch out that he doesn't come for you. Wait... Maybe he will ban me for what i just said! Hold on let me check my post...
Ok i think my post is okay.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#14 2017-03-15 23:47:59

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Ipwner has repeatedly warned me about this hummerz5 fellow being a very nazi individual regarding these types of things. Better watch out that he doesn't come for you. Wait... Maybe he will ban me for what i just said! Hold on let me check my post...
Ok i think my post is okay.

I haven't encountered this issue. Out of all the warnings I've gotten (that I can remember) I think I predicted all of them ahead of time and went ahead with the post just because it was funny.

#15 2017-03-16 03:38:35

Gosha

Zumza wrote:

not all warnings have 1 point some of them have 3 and over
and lets get back to OP case. He got a week ban because he posted a wrong link

my link wasn't bad or wrong
I got warned only because I didn't add "if you want suggest your own Ee design go here", but instead I just posted a link

Btw guys
I am not talking about ban system at all here
I know it works fine and things.
I am talking about warning people for ridiculous reasons

Gosha1489631915651000

Board footer