Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-13 02:56:12

Minimania
Moderation Team

How much does our voice really matter?

I know that we've just entered a new era of Everybody Edits, and I'm sure that every time this has happened, people have been concerned for the future of Everybody Edits. At first, we wouldn't really know much about the agenda of the staff who came into power, but soon they would end up producing some good content that would keep the general player base happy for a little while. Then, inevitably, the head honcho would become inactive, and in some way or another, the staff would one by one become disinterested in furthering the game. I think that this is because there is such a workload that is put into the staff, and that they're required to all agree on something and if two staff members don't agree on a new update, then it goes into debate and is withheld for months (you can see that it just happened with how they were planning on releasing Unity). Sometimes staff turn against each other, sometimes certain staff abuse their powers to some extent (I won't be giving any examples) and sometimes the staff seem to disappear altogether, not showing up for another month or so. I'm sure that the staff can become really exhausted in doing their job, and I'm sure sometimes they get tired of it. I'm also sure that there are a few people in the community are tired of the problems within the staff.

First, I'll address the "abusing power" issue. It's not a question that a few members of the staff have abused their power in some way or another in the past. It can happen at one time, and then it would be a freak accident of some sort, or it could be a continuous abuse that not many people can do about it. Things like these often lead to large storms on the forums and in my Skype notifications about how unfair it is the way one staff member abused their powers, or treated another player. I'm not the only one who has wondered how the hell one of the members of the staff became a staff member in the first place.

The next thing I'll address is the workload and the disinterest in the staff to continue the game. Certainly an administrator shouldn't be required to stay on Everybody Edits full time. Something like that takes a lot of commitment, which simply isn't something our current pool would allow for. Likewise, a moderator shouldn't be expected to lose sleep to watch over empty worlds all night. The staff are only human. They come in so few numbers that they aren't 100% efficient all the time, everywhere.

But the community is something we can expect to be there 100% of the time (until this game dies), and the community should be allowed to do something.

I'm proposing that the community as a whole receives more rights to decide upon themselves the future of Everybody Edits, instead of relying on an inactive puppet who hasn't seen the game in three months to make their decisions for them. I'm proposing two things to fix these problems.

First, Everybody Edits should come with a noticeable feedback section, a specific section of Everybody Edits where you can give feedback straight to the developers. This way, your ideas will get to them faster, instead of waiting for them to notice your posts on the forums. The second thing I am proposing is a more user-friendly report button. I can't count how many times someone's broken a rule and I had to sit in agony through the lag my computer has to go through because someone can't stop flooding the chat, and by the time I'm done typing the command, he's already left so now I can't use the tab shortcut to report him. I know that you can simply click on their username in the user list, but not even this is efficient because of the same reason; it's too lagged to do so efficiently. By the time I finally have the menu open to report the dude, I'd have clicked it once, but it would register three different clicks, and I would move my mouse around every time because the menu shows up for half a second and I try hard to grab that report button. I think instead of individual report buttons, we should have a button in the bottom bar specifically designated for reporting, where you can select a user off of the list, and enter the reason for reporting, similar to what we have now, but larger, much more noticeable, and much more user friendly. In addition, I propose that we should be able to see a history of all the reports that we've given in the past, and the statuses of those reports, just so we know that the issue we reported was actually looked at, and that we're aware that the current staff are ept at doing their job.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2017-03-13 03:13:57

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: How much does our voice really matter?

minimania wrote:

Everybody Edits should come with a noticeable feedback section, a specific section of Everybody Edits where you can give feedback straight to the developers. This way, your ideas will get to them faster, instead of waiting for them to notice your posts on the forums.

The first thing that comes to mind was Chris a long time ago asking what new feature should be added.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#3 2017-03-13 03:20:08

Minimania
Moderation Team

N1KF wrote:
minimania wrote:

Everybody Edits should come with a noticeable feedback section, a specific section of Everybody Edits where you can give feedback straight to the developers. This way, your ideas will get to them faster, instead of waiting for them to notice your posts on the forums.

The first thing that comes to mind was Chris a long time ago asking what new feature should be added.

N1KF wrote:
minimania wrote:

This was on the blog. Can we have something ingame?

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

Wooted by:

#4 2017-03-13 16:34:13

SmittyW

Nice blog.

The staff maintains full control as long as ee is closed-source (which idk is bad). Suggestions must be considered by a staff member to have any effect, which is by their preference. You think mods don't look at the forums but they do. Posting suggestions on forums is more organized than if it were ingame and reduces spam. I agree the report function could be improved.

#5 2017-03-13 16:39:14

XxAtillaxX

I think it's best to wait for an announcement to come which should address much of this.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (3)
XxAtillaxX1489419554650674

Board footer