Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-11 18:25:03

Firecrackericebreak

Is this fair?

I was in a world on EE and I put a bot in it that did this:

tAyaE63.gif

The owner was fine with the bot

Dream came in and told me to turn off the bot

I didn't and told him that the owner was fine with the bot

Alt got banned for a day

Unfair or fair?

#2 2017-03-11 18:32:12

Raphe9000

Re: Is this fair?

Firecrackericebreak wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/tAyaE63.gif

Alt got banned for a day

Unfair or fair?

Not fair in my opinion, but I don't know the specifics on the rules. Dream is just such a nightmare.

#3 2017-03-11 18:34:38

TerrorCookie

the bot was extremely irritating and people were starting to get ****

pET2BO7.png

#4 2017-03-11 18:36:11

Firecrackericebreak

TerrorCookie wrote:

no one was irritated but dream

some people can take a joke

Wooted by:

#5 2017-03-11 18:37:49

XxAtillaxX

It'd be fair to allow publication of chat logs on behalf of the reported, considering in many instances there can be only speculation over the accuracy within these topics.
In the event that this is accurate, it's an unreasonable banishment and should (however unlikely) serve as further advocacy against Kira as a moderator.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2017-03-11 18:46:46

Raphe9000

TerrorCookie wrote:

That's like banning the owner for using the bot because people were annoyed (the owner and the word of the owner are of equal importance).

#7 2017-03-11 18:50:16

kubapolish
Banned
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:
TerrorCookie wrote:

That's like banning the owner for using the bot because people were annoyed (the owner and the word of the owner are of equal importance).

*imaginary woot because "i had enough woots for today"*

Wooted by:

#8 2017-03-11 19:14:21

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

from what i see it's a bot that teleports around the map very quick?
if the teleports were done via a teleport hack then it's kinda bannable but since the owner was okay with it.. i dont know the policy with that stuff
if the bot moved around the map in legal ways then it should not be bannable

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#9 2017-03-11 19:17:07

Myst

Firecrackericebreak wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/tAyaE63.gif

Alt got banned for a day

Unfair or fair?

for me is this unfair because this bot can't destory EE

i miss koya //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#10 2017-03-11 19:36:57

Raphe9000

Well, i had a conversation with Dream on EE, and he actually seems very reasonable and a good choice as a mod. Maybe not the best pick for a mod due to a complicated history, but a good overseer is someone who can enforce regulations and is unbiased. Someone who can take power even though they would be the unlikely one to receive it. I addressed your situation, and it does seem you were right. The owner actually said that they didn't care, but I told Dream that that is an okay in most people's books. To my surprise, Dream actually agreed with me. I advised him to get an owner's opinion before banning someone for botting. Someone who is open to criticism and maybe has broken the rules before is a great pick as long as they will assume their role. That is what really matters. That does not mean that you were fairly banned of course, but it means that the person who banned your was open to address it and take any necessary criticism (which was admittedly a bit harsh at first due to my bias against Dream).

Wooted by:

#11 2017-03-11 19:39:53, last edited by LukeM (2017-03-11 19:43:17)

LukeM
Website

This is technically against the terms and conditions, so Dream had the right to ban you

"This includes making and/or distributing alternative clients that connect to the Everybody Edits server or an alternative server. One exception to this rule are clients that help players create better gaming experiences for other players, also known as “bots”."
This would not come under the 'clients that help players create better gaming experiences for other players' so is technically against the terms and conditions

Im not saying I think you should have been banned, but you were breaking the rules, so Dream isnt in the wrong

#12 2017-03-11 19:43:07, last edited by N1KF (2017-03-11 19:43:27)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

destroyer123 wrote:

This is technically against the terms and conditions, so Dream had the right to ban you

"This includes making and/or distributing alternative clients that connect to the Everybody Edits server or an alternative server. One exception to this rule are clients that help players create better gaming experiences for other players, also known as “bots”."
This would not come under the 'clients that help players create better gaming experiences for other players' so is technically against the terms and conditions

Im not saying I think you should have been banned, but you were breaking the rules, so dont be surprised

According to the Terms and Conditions, the Staff can update it anytime with no announcements and get everybody banned with no refunds. Oh, and release everybody's I.P. addresses and passwords since there is no privacy policy. It's really flawed. And yes I'm going to point it out every time it's brought up.

#13 2017-03-11 19:45:32

LukeM
Website

N1KF wrote:

According to the Terms and Conditions, the Staff can update it anytime with no announcements and get everybody banned with no refunds. Oh, and probably release everybody's I.P. addresses and passwords since there is no privacy policy It's really flawed. And yes I'm going to point it out every time it's brought up.

The terms and conditions are basically just to prevent legal action against the EE team, but it does tell you what is OK, and what is not, so some parts of it are useful when responding to 'this mod broke the rules' type posts

Wooted by:

#14 2017-03-11 19:53:23, last edited by Norwee (2017-03-11 19:54:05)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Raphe9000 wrote:

Well, i had a conversation with Dream on EE, and he actually seems very reasonable and a good choice as a mod. Maybe not the best pick for a mod due to a complicated history, but a good overseer is someone who can enforce regulations and is unbiased. Someone who can take power even though they would be the unlikely one to receive it. I addressed your situation, and it does seem you were right. The owner actually said that they didn't care, but I told Dream that that is an okay in most people's books. To my surprise, Dream actually agreed with me. I advised him to get an owner's opinion before banning someone for botting. Someone who is open to criticism and maybe has broken the rules before is a great pick as long as they will assume their role. That is what really matters. That does not mean that you were fairly banned of course, but it means that the person who banned your was open to address it and take any necessary criticism (which was admittedly a bit harsh at first due to my bias against Dream).

It's far more easy and fun to read "OMG Dream is abusing MOD! BAN BAN!!" and jump on the bandwagon instead of reading your wall of text.
This is known as the "Trump effect" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (6)

#15 2017-03-11 20:03:01

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

It's far more easy and fun to read "OMG Dream is abusing MOD! BAN BAN!!" and jump on the bandwagon instead of reading your wall of text.
This is known as the "Trump effect" //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

...or just the "politics effect"

#16 2017-03-11 21:04:02

Raphe9000

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

Ya, but I disliked Dream before he became a mod. I started to respect him after that conversation. I originally disliked Trump, but I liked him after Bernie lost to Hillary

CONTENT WARNING

#17 2017-03-11 21:40:39

hummerz5

destroyer123 wrote:

Im not saying I think you should have been banned, but you were breaking the rules, so Dream isnt in the wrong

well part of my gaming experience is looking at the minimap, so a pretty minimap improves my gaming experience

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

it's also easier to write off multiple peoples' single opinion and anecdotal evidence by writing them off as seeking cheap thrills

Wooted by: (3)

#18 2017-03-11 21:49:45, last edited by Norwee (2017-03-11 21:50:17)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

hummerz5 wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

it's also easier to write off multiple peoples' single opinion and anecdotal evidence by writing them off as seeking cheap thrills

Hey i'm not saying everyone does what i said, but some people most certainly do. I really just wanted to subtly criticize that his post really could have used some spacing.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:
Norwee1489265385650313

Board footer