Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-11 19:34:12

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Unproductive posts

After being on the forum for years, I've seen plenty of different users. While some write productive and meaningful posts, others write the exact opposite. These come in several forms:

The Context-Free "No"

This is the post that denies another post. This is useless because it gives no explanation, just a simple "no". For us superautistimos, we need explanations for why people say the things they do. Learn to write English and maybe you can get a few more words out.

Examples:

no

no

no

Please no

no

no

no.

no

The Context-Free "Stop"

This is the post that tells somebody to stop. Nothing more; nothing less. Why should a person stop because a random person on the Internet says so? Will the. Us superautismos will keep funposting until UnitEE is released, which means that we'll be doing it for all our lifetimes.

Examples:

stop

stop

stop

stop

More elaborate forms may say to "get off the Internet" or something to that effect:

rudik/whirl and gp68/mysterion please get off the internet

gp68 please take a break from the internet //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

delete your account

The Context-Free "Why"

The posts that ask "Why does this exist?" or just "Why?"

Examples:

why

why

Why does this topic still exist... christ

why do you keep making unfunny topics

The Snarky One-Liner

This post does nothing but drag the topic down. Out of all the unproductive posts, these tend to gather the most woots.

Examples:

I didn't know your graphics design was as bad as your moderation!
You should just compromise and give up on both.
The design is full grandmother: everything is nice and easy on grandmas eyes, but it's a huge pain to look at for everyone else.

Jesus christ I cringed. Was there an anti-bullying presentation at elementary today?

You'll get it when you're older. Until then, drink this nice kool aid that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7gJAucSGuPs/T … ol-aid.jpg

Good catch, skullz! Someone could have been offended by creature's hateful and close-minded post!

Brain capacity can't go below zero, mate

where is the funny part //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

The Strawnoob

Sometimes, users present an exaggerated noob strawman, that becomes clearly visible if you can look underneath the thick layer of witty sarcastic gunk.

Examples:

omg thank u now i can ban meanie troler from my lewel!!troler kick!!!:D:D //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile:D

omg a staff member sweared at me this is unacceptable,,,,,,,... this is abuse, demod immediately!! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad:( //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

omg im trigerr https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/a/ac/118_scared
also lol that funny hacker, you are legti player@!

ong mysterioso is pro!! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

number1kirbfane also proe //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool:cool:

OMG so pro //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool:cool: //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

evil!!t rump!

HA
FUNY ROST

upwooted!! for funy rost!!

w0w!!

haha!1!!!11 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile FuNNI VIEDO!1!11!11! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL do MorE plz!!1!!1 //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile its so muCH fUnnY haHAHaaH!!!!!111! https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

ha i get it its funny because zoey wears the same smiley you are wearing therefore you are zoey and everyone else who has worn that smiley is immediately zoey good job hahaha i goofed i gaffed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile:) //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile:):lol: https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL funny joek!

yes because using a gif makes everything funny...
..right?

hah dude XDDDDDDDDDD

Wo EWH ! Dude you aARE MUCH Such (funny) cm68 cm68 cm68 Racist is funny men! And you beter not lock THIS tOPICK because it very funny !!!

for mods!! 1 !

xdddddddddddddddddddd

llolol dis iz so funni ¡i!

diana worst ne w **** XDDDDDddddddddddddddddddddd

While this might be fine in moderation, these posts are getting more and more common. I think something should be done to prevent them. A character limit (10+ characters, for example) would prevent lots of one-word posts. Or we could even make a rule requiring context for each post. I'm fine with either choice.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#2 2017-03-11 19:48:23

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: Unproductive posts

It was pretty fun to see if i could recognize who wrote all those posts you copied. Also i definitely agree on the strawnoob examples. Anyone who writes strawnoob, PLEASE STOP.

Also if down-wooting/thumbs down/etc existed i would already have given -1 to most of those posts you mentioned.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#3 2017-03-11 20:36:58, last edited by Slabdrill (2017-03-11 20:37:14)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Posts like theose are why I want toows.
(how long did it take for you to find all of those posts?)

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#4 2017-03-11 20:44:19

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

12345678908642 wrote:

how long did it take for you to find all of those posts?

At least forty-five minutes according to when I sent my chat messages in IRC. Because I sent that a while after I first started writing it, it could have been an hour or two total.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#5 2017-03-11 21:09:29

Ratburntro44
Website

G = ({S},{h,n,o,p,s,t,w,y},{(S,no),(S,stop),(S,why)},S)

#6 2017-03-11 21:30:12

Minisaurus
Banned

Also some from Dream:

Dream wrote:

Pathetic.

Only that, with no purpose more than be meaning.

Dream wrote:

Haha this is the funniest forum topic i had seen yet, thanks for the laughs!

(In that post i was writing about a serious problem i had time ago)

For sure there are more forum comments from dream with no purpose, almost all dream comments are for insult and humiliate other players.
Considering also the In-game chat comments of Dream insulting and mocking other players.

If you want you can post your own collection of the times Dream insulted or mock of you.

#7 2017-03-12 00:17:11

Bimps

if people enjoy it than what's the harm?

Wooted by:

#8 2017-03-12 00:21:39

sifter

Bimps wrote:

If everybody would enjoy it then there wouldn't be any harm, but sadly there is actually some people that doesn't.

EE is dead, and I just DEAL WITH IT

?type=online&name=sifter   ?type=energy&name=sifter   ?type=loginstreak&name=sifter   ?type=lastlogin&name=sifter

#9 2017-03-12 00:22:36

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

i had a fine laugh while reading the strawnoob posts, thanks

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#10 2017-03-12 01:16:02

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Bimps wrote:

It adds nothing to the topic. You could argue the same for off-topic posts, but they're banned because allowing them will overall make the forum less convenient to read. I think the same policy should apply to unproductive posts.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#11 2017-03-12 02:25:59

Bimps

N1KF wrote:
Bimps wrote:

It adds nothing to the topic. You could argue the same for off-topic posts, but they're banned because allowing them will overall make the forum less convenient to read. I think the same policy should apply to unproductive posts.

why does it matter if it adds nothing to the topic? it doesnt matter, it's just a post. posts take up very little space in whatever is used to host these forums. if you dont like it then just skip over it and get on with it.

#12 2017-03-12 03:41:27

Different55
Forum Admin

Bimps wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Bimps wrote:

why does it matter if it adds nothing to the topic? it doesnt matter, it's just a post. posts take up very little space in whatever is used to host these forums. if you dont like it then just skip over it and get on with it.

I think he's talking about physical space on the page. Letting spambots roam free would take up very little storage space, but would make the forums basically unusable.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#13 2017-03-12 11:19:21, last edited by Hostage (2017-03-12 11:19:33)

Hostage
Banned
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Anyone who writes strawnoob, PLEASE STOP.

that was me recently but i think i stopped because oh **** boy did i realize how  unfunny it is

35fa6ee9efa7e42687d426ffeba72dbdb9a95cbfb7d221d698ca2146feebab7c.jpg

#14 2017-03-12 14:43:25

Myst

N1KF wrote:
Hidden text

i need to agree this post because the most of them are againist me

i just ignore they

#15 2017-03-18 22:43:50

Guest.

N1KF wrote:

*whining*

right on number one kirby fan!!! you're doing justice in the wordl.we need mire people like you...., die strawnobers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Wooted by: (3)

#16 2017-03-18 23:02:35

skullz17

Ernesdo wrote:
N1KF wrote:

*whining*

right on number one kirby fan!!! you're doing justice in the wordl.we need mire people like you...., die strawnobers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Aren't you basically admitting to a strawman fallacy here

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (3)

#17 2017-03-18 23:35:53

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Ernesdo wrote:
N1KF wrote:

*whining*

That joke is stale, worn out, and predictable. I'll be surprised if a single person decides to woot your post.

Everybody Edits is Fred

Wooted by:

#18 2017-03-18 23:48:31

Pingohits
Banned

N1KF wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:
N1KF wrote:

*whining*

That joke is stale, worn out, and predictable. I'll be surprised if a single person decides to woot your post.

surprise

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (5)

#19 2017-03-19 15:47:36

Guest.

N1KF wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:
N1KF wrote:

*whining*

idc about woots, all that matters is that you respond every time like some social justice warrior //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#20 2017-03-19 15:55:59, last edited by Raphe9000 (2017-03-19 15:59:11)

Raphe9000

N1KF wrote:

After being on the forum for years, I've seen plenty of different users. While some write productive and meaningful posts, others write the exact opposite. These come in several forms:

The Context-Free "No"

This is the post that denies another post. This is useless because it gives no explanation, just a simple "no". For us superautistimos, we need explanations for why people say the things they do. Learn to write English and maybe you can get a few more words out.

The Context-Free "Stop"

This is the post that tells somebody to stop. Nothing more; nothing less. Why should a person stop because a random person on the Internet says so? Will the. Us superautismos will keep funposting until UnitEE is released, which means that we'll be doing it for all our lifetimes.

Don't try to monitor all posts to make sure they contribute much. It's communist levels of control. Maybe someone just wants to say something or get their opinion out there. Ever thought of that?

#21 2017-03-19 15:58:24, last edited by Myst (2017-03-19 16:03:24)

Myst

Ernesdo wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:
N1KF wrote:

*whining*

idc about woots, all that matters is that you respond every time like some social justice warrior //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

please do make a break from your amputated brain

Wooted by:

#22 2017-03-19 16:24:49

Guest.

Mysterion wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:
N1KF wrote:

*whining*

gp68 are you okay

#23 2017-03-19 16:27:02, last edited by Myst (2017-03-19 16:43:17)

Myst

Ernesdo wrote:
Mysterion wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:
N1KF wrote:
Ernesdo wrote:

gp68 are you okay

yes, I'm ok and you not, after readed my post have you spamming me like a immature little kid

Hidden text
Hidden text
Wooted by:

#24 2017-03-19 16:38:57

hummerz5

Raphe9000 wrote:

Maybe someone just wants to say something or get their opinion out there. Ever thought of that?

yes. If they're "getting their opinion out there" then they're contributing. If they're "just saying something" they can go do it somewhere that doesn't care for structure. We have a thread in off-topic precisely for people who want to say something that has no thread-creation value.

however, if someone wants to discuss something seriously, there's no sense in having everyone talk about the weather.

also, mysterion, ernesdo:  please keep this unrelated squabble to PMs or in the discord. And be nice.

Wooted by: (2)

#25 2017-03-19 18:50:32

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:

Maybe someone just wants to say something or get their opinion out there. Ever thought of that?

It's as meaningful as a toow, which the forum hivemind seemed to decide against being added. If you disagree with somebody, there's something meaningful to be said that can't be said in a single word. If it's just because you dislike a post, perhaps you shouldn't be posting a response to it in the first place.

Everybody Edits is Fred

hummerz51490059269651779

Board footer