Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-07 21:01:13, last edited by Minisaurus (2017-03-07 21:01:28)

Minisaurus
Banned

I request a bot, maybe for EEDITOR please

I wonder if it is possible to make a bot that you show a good quality picture of some blocks and the bot transform the picture into real EE blocks, example:
I take this picture: LrFGeCl.png
Upload it to the bot, the bot assimilate the pircture blocks to the EE blocks, and transform the image to EE blocks.
Not like EE artist, like a real size scale of the blocks.

Is that possible, can EE have a bot like that?

That bot would be great and very helpful for EE players, Maybe is impossible, just wondering if it could be.

Wooted by:

#2 2017-03-07 21:19:18, last edited by Zumza (2017-03-07 21:21:11)

Zumza

Re: I request a bot, maybe for EEDITOR please

It is possible.
It might get a bit more difficult to implement the decoration recognition when theres a world background set tho.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#3 2017-03-07 21:20:29

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

Possible?

Is it possible for a bot to detect trollers? Yes.
Is it very hard? Yes.

Is it possible for a bot to do this? Yes.
Is it very hard? Yes, but not so much.

I'd assume the bot would have to determine "Where do the blocks start?" and then start comparing all the blocks untill it finds the block that matches it, and then continue.

#4 2017-03-07 21:36:17, last edited by LukeM (2017-03-07 21:41:53)

LukeM
Website

Why do you need to do this?
Im just thinking that there probably might be an easier way to do whatever you want to do

If there isnt, then you probably could do it... but its not a very neat, or easy way to do whatever you'd use it for.

Quick plan for what it would have to do:

1. Detect the game window, and the resolution of the game (or if it is cropped then just the resolution)
2. Do the following for each block in the image:
    a. If there is no BG:
        i. For each texture in the game:
            1. Place the texture on top of the blank BG
            2. Check it with the block in the image
            3. If it is a match, then return that block
    b. If there is a BG, somehow detect which it is (or the color), then do step 'a', but with the BG

The main problem would be detecting BGs, so the easiest thing would be not to allow them, but if you need to, then it would be quite difficult... A possible (but slow) solution would be:

b. If there is a BG:
        i. For each texture in the game:
            1. For each BG in the game (including the plain color ones):
                a. Place the block on top of the BG
                b. Check the image against the block in the game
                c. If it is a match, return that block and BG

#5 2017-03-08 01:12:30

den3107

I personally see... 2 big Challenges?
1. Determine where blocks are. You only have to find a single one, then you can search outwards from that point for more. Isn't very hard, just try each pixel as startpoint and see if you can find a block from there... That's obviously not very efficient though, hence the challenge.
2. Transparency. The transparent section below a one-way is no problem... The semi-transparent glass would be a problem. Currently have no real plan how you'd do that, though I know for certain it's possible.

Main problem though is that you'd either miss secret blocks, or have secret blocks blocking the background under it.

Portals obviously wouldn't work either, but you could get coin gates and such to work.

#6 2017-03-08 14:00:03

capasha

I couldn't make this any better, some wrong position when trying to read the red basic block.
Your image is too big, but I guess I can fix that too.
8OhsukF.png

Wooted by: (2)

#7 2017-03-08 16:44:55

den3107

capasha wrote:

I couldn't make this any better, some wrong position when trying to read the red basic block.
http://i.imgur.com/8OhsukF.png

I think he means reading out a full-scale image, and placing those blocks in EE.

#8 2017-03-08 20:39:15

capasha

den3107 wrote:
capasha wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/8OhsukF.png

I think he means reading out a full-scale image, and placing those blocks in EE.

Weird. I thought he mean searching in image1 for image2. And then if it's detected it will upload it as blocks.

Minisaurus if this is what you want or not just tell me.

Tested the new way of scanning which use Lockbits, which is way more faster than GetPixel.
The blocks is now red, which show that it's exactly aligned.
sK1PYU7.png
wcn3hkB.png

Wooted by:

#9 2017-03-08 23:26:01

Minisaurus
Banned

I mean about show a bot a picture with pixels and the bot is able to find the pixels blocks that appear in the picture, that way the bot can place the blocks that appear in the picture into EEditor in the same way the blocks from the picture are placed, like ee artist bot but it in real size scale of the actual blocks.

I hope to not be too much confuse about my skills for written.

#10 2017-03-09 08:36:01

XxAtillaxX

signature.png
*u stinky*

#11 2017-03-09 09:03:39, last edited by LukeM (2017-03-09 09:03:56)

LukeM
Website

Just wondering, do either of these work with BGs (in their own block or under transparent blocks)?

#12 2017-03-09 09:09:34

XxAtillaxX

destroyer123 wrote:

Just wondering, do either of these work with BGs (in their own block or under transparent blocks)?

No, however you could create permutations of each as a distinct template in order to do so. (i.e. flower on blue background as a template.)

If I wanted to do this properly, I would not only use exhaustive template matching but also potentially some machine learning techniques.
I just spent a little time on doing this for an example of how it would function at a usable level.

signature.png
*u stinky*

XxAtillaxX1489046974650036

Board footer