Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-02 06:57:56, last edited by Kirby (2017-04-09 04:12:34)

Kirby

Regarding Master1 and Koya

EDIT - no one is gonna read this because this topic is a few months old but this was intended to be a joke

and everyone took it seriously for some reason

----

Master1 was a great mod, and he always was. He did his job, despite ludicrous claims made by certain people. Master1 was the perfect moderator to keep my fellow everybody edits citizens in line. He knew what having fun was. He knew how the game worked, how people interact, as he WAS one of us, which brings me to Koya. Koya, on the other hand, does not meet the standards previously discussed. Despite playing the game for years, he does not seem to quite have a grasp on the flow of the game, how the players communicate, the "norm" if you will when it comes to everybody edits. He simply bans people for saying simple things. He does not reflect the basic ideals of the everybody edits population. To put it simply, he does not act like he is one of us.

Let's look at a more specific example: Insanity. Juan "Insanity" Cooper, a 20 year old male from Massachusetts, has an odd standing in the everybody edits community. By many, he is hated. By few, he is appreciated. One thing is for certain, however, he is not shy about completely disregarding any rule that comes through his path, whether it be ingame or on the forums, from inappropriateness to censor evasion. One may ask, how does this connect to Master1, an amazing everybody edits mod, or Koya, who is sub-par in comparison? The answer is simple. Insanity (previously referred to as 1nsanity prior to his in-game name change) has been banned a whopping 15 times for harassment, dodging a ban, dodging the censors, you name it. Approximately half of these bans were given by Master1. Half! out of the 7-9 mods that were around to ban Insanity at the time of Master1 being a moderator, Master1 was the one to dish out the bans. Moreover, Master1 and Insanity are friends, showing the lack of any sort of bias Master1 could have been accused of during his period as a moderator.

Which brings us to Koya. Master1 has been demodded for about 4 and a half months now. Koya has been a moderator for 4 months. In these four months, Insanity, still being the rebel he tends to be, and just as active as ever, did not get banned a single time. My, have the tables turned! Not only is Master1 not biased as a moderator, but he actually does his job, something that Koya appears to not be doing! Strange, strange indeed.

This topic is a call to not only the staff, but the community. You guys. All of you. Master1 was the best moderator everybody edits has ever seen, and we need to work together. We need to ensure everybody edits can be the fun, safe environment it used to be.

We can return everybody edits to its former glory

We can fix the problems that have been introduced in the past few months

and it starts

With Master1

#2 2017-02-02 07:11:02, last edited by N1KF (2017-02-02 07:35:36)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Re: Regarding Master1 and Koya

I'm not sure why Insanity deleted his post but I think his post might make an interesting contribution to the topic.

Also, I would like to mention that I don't think Insanity is going to improve. Koya, has he apologized, or shown regret for his actions? As his flaming in the #eeforums chat a few minutes ago would suggest, he seems to just be continuously making this community even more toxic. We shouldn't tolerate this kind of stuff.

#3 2017-02-02 10:28:26

Luka504

Well i mean i think Koya did a somewhat good job for the month he was actuly a moderator imo. I can understand that he has his own offline troubles, but i really think we need a new moderator to replace Koya. I haven't seen Koya in who knows how long, ingame or on the forums. What's the point of having a moderator who doesn't even moderate.
As for the Insanity issue, i agree i have seen him spamming and harrasing a lot, but i never bothered reporting him since..... I don't exactly care that he's spamming. Actuly, i find him kind of funny, in that weird idiotic sense.
Howver if he was never banned during Koya's moderation, we might need new mods.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#4 2017-02-02 11:15:19, last edited by Tomahawk (2017-02-02 11:16:03)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

So the TL;DR for OP's post: remod master1.

Because the opinion of one non-staff player that a mod was good is really overwhelming evidence.

There's always gotta be someone starting another drama thread. Ffs, PM a mod directly if you think you should be taken seriously, but appealing to the players to try and force a protest is to disregard the decisions made by the moderators, as if you think you can make a better decision based on your individual experiences and very limited knowledge of what made him "step down".

Do you think the current mods do nothing? Any mod is capable of banning a player if they see them break the rules in-game or receive a report, and iirc master1 was demodded because he wasn't doing this effectively.

Your entire argument is that master1 should be remodded because he can personally step in to discipline insanitoxic. Do you have screenshots of chat that show insanity breaking the rules and actually being reported? Or chat logs that you've personally reported, and nothing's been done? Because if you do, and there's been an oversight or several, it still doesn't logically follow that an ex-mod should be remodded, but that instead more attention should be paid to reports of players who've been banned before, and longer bans given.

Also wtf is that last bit? "EE is broken, but we can make it great again". Trump would approve, because you've not even said what those problems are.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#5 2017-02-02 13:06:09

XxAtillaxX

As everyone knows, and you had stated yourself, 1nsanity breaks the rules very often.
If you want leniency, perhaps you should pick up a tissue and stop beating around the bush.

The moderator's role is to uphold the rules as they are defined and without bias nor prejudice.
In the instance of Master1, it's readily apparent that he had failed to meet the criteria necessary.

There has been evidence of him openly encouraging that sort of behaviour amongst his friends.
There has been evidence of him breaking the rules that he was privileged and trusted to uphold as well.

You aren't going to get a special exception for a special snowflake.
Not going to happen. Too bad, so very, very sad.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#6 2017-02-02 14:04:04, last edited by Myst (2017-02-02 14:04:17)

Myst

make me to a mod and I fix the Insanity virus problem //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#7 2017-02-02 14:35:25

Akhenaton
Banned

I think Insanity should be mod.

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2017-02-02 15:16:53

Myst

Akhenaton wrote:

I think Insanity should be mod.

if Insanity is a mod = he put every world with Archer crap

#9 2017-02-02 16:32:59, last edited by Badoosh (2017-02-02 16:39:38)

Badoosh
EE Homeboy
Website

Kirby wrote:

To put it simply, he (Koya) does not act like he is one of us.

-I agree with your point here. However, Koya's disconnection with the community is a double-edged sword. You fail to mention that his disconnect with the community lends him to be more fair to the entire population of EE.
Master1, on the other hand, lets insults slide, for they are in jest. But, a downside to this is an outsider can interpret this as a toxic community. This deters newer players from joining the community.

-Which is better? I personally think a moderator like Master1 would be necessary for a stagnant community (which EE is), while Koya's moderation is necessary for a game who needs the community to grow (which EE needs to be). Why not have another mod with the cultural awareness of Master1 joint-moderate with Koya? Both would be able to catch each other's mistakes while having their own unique advantages of their moderation style.

-These problems that have been introduced in the past few months, are they really Koya's fault? Koya is enforcing the rules of EE to make the game a less hostile place. If there were a better warning and ban system, would Koya's strictness would be a non-issue?

-On the topic of Insanity... Master1 (being Insanity's friend) would be able to join worlds Insanity was on his friends list. Because of this, it is safe to assume that Master1 spent more time in worlds with Insanity in them than the other staff did. Thus, Master1 would be able to catch Insanity breaking the rules more, resulting in more bans.

Wooted by: (4)

#10 2017-02-02 18:46:55

Insanity

you're all subgeeds who aren't worthy of uttering my name

lay down and rot srs not srs

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#11 2017-02-02 20:48:11

Abelysk

Mods are cold heartless specimen born for swinging hammers around.

Wooted by:

#12 2017-02-02 22:04:34

Pingohits
Banned

everyone's memeing around with this mass-one and ko-la figures, but don't disregard your glorious pingo, always here, always watching

791mAP8.png

Wooted by:

#13 2017-02-02 22:42:32

iPwner
Website

Why not just make everyone a mod? O>o Problem solved.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (3)

#14 2017-02-02 23:15:17, last edited by Norwee (2017-02-03 00:09:03)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

iPwner wrote:

Why not just make everyone a mod? O>o Problem solved.

Exactly my thought comrade.
End the class struggle. Communism is the answer.
We will all moderate each other and share equally the spoils of our effort.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (2)

#15 2017-02-02 23:47:12

Bimps

i enjoy both m1 and sane, but m1 was a **** mod

Bimps1486075632646296

Board footer