Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-24 10:18:39, last edited by Doodle (2017-08-19 08:50:38)

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

EE Animation (Revisited)

Hey fellow EE players,
I don't know if there was a discussion about this a while ago, but i'm curious about what happened to people creating animated-level worlds in EE? It was a rare thing back in the early years of Everybody Edits (idk 2010 or 20111 animation first arrived), now and then I saw it, but now I don't see it at all. It would have been a good guess for being offline for four years and then coming back and thinking that animated blocks is now a feature, or most popular used bot. But its not //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral Does it have to do with some new troubles in coding? What is it!!
I mean COME ON, I named myself Hacked, because it was considered a form of hacking generally back then to use bots, and now the best is gone :L

ANIMATED-LEVEL WORLDS (if created well) is like the BEST out of all the top Bots! In my opinion, Shift bot and YoScroll! are second, EE Editor being third, and Mage Wars as fourth, because of its advance gameplay territory battle style.

If possible, can I see a well made animated world?! I would love to play it.  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#2 2017-01-24 12:20:41

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

Re: EE Animation (Revisited)

It's not THAT easy to make one.

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

#3 2017-01-24 12:45:56

Latif

Is it like changing blocks all the time?
Isn't EE too laggy for that? Idk

#4 2017-01-24 12:49:57

XxAtillaxX

It is rather easy to create, and was quite popular in the time of EE Animator.
In the past, you were able to send blocks as fast as the server could handle, which also meant the ability to crash worlds.
Nowadays, there's a huge limitation which make any animations poor in quality in comparison.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#5 2017-01-24 14:22:25

den3107

Animated platform levels should be easy enough to create, but as Atilla said, we can only send so many blocks per second, so you will quickly run against a wall, mostly for larger worlds, unless you can use multiple accounts for the drawing (but that would require all those account to have the required blocks.

#6 2017-01-24 14:36:09, last edited by Tomahawk (2017-01-24 14:40:09)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Meh. 4 bots with low latency and the limit is usually your imagination, insofar as I've never seen anyone max out their connection quota and still fail to animate what they want to.

There's not many animated worlds because it takes a while to animate a world. There's no easy way to design and record e.g. a ceiling falling in; you can use a simple algorithm for something like a platform moving from side to side, but complex animations have to be drawn frame by frame - and yeah if there's a lot of blocks involved it'll normally look kinda laggy, or at least slow.

Dynamic bot levels nowadays go more along the line of reacting to user input within a fairly small area, and you can't have much of the map constantly in motion because again it'll look bad and any lagspikes the bot(s) get tend to transfer badly to gameplay by causing delay or failing to place/erase vital blocks. Block checking only partially fixes this.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#7 2017-01-24 16:26:28

LukeM
Website

As all of the above state, it is very hard to do this sort of things with bots now, but you can still use portals to do something at least fairly similar.
Here is an example that I made a few days ago (without any reference or bot to generate the cube shapes): http://minimal.everybodyedits.com/games/PWRU1JTtlzcEI

P.S. just incase you wondered, the absolute max limit per bot is 100 blocks per second, which doesnt leave much room for animations, so if you want a 5 fps animation, then you have to manage to limit it to 20 block changes per frame, which isnt very much...

#8 2017-01-25 13:18:19

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Well im not asking for any major type of animation that would be like a building on fire or people moving, or even blocks moving rapidly.
Just something simple like in this video;  https://youtu.be/6FZBrrfa4W4
But im sure we can make a world alot better than that one with similar moving animated blocks and force arrows since that video was in 2010.

WPE Pro was the main program used to suppport the moving blocks, very similar to what bots can do now, however each animation piece you can save.
Here is a short video about how it was done.back then; https://youtu.be/-_QWlaryYQg

And here is someone's good old animated bot pack program made by Alsai. You can create the animations in his ee program however it is outdated so it can't be loaded into EE. He updated it, but like  in 2010 i think...so its mostlikely outdated, and now requires his approval for it to work. But you can still play with the program and test it yourself.
http://www.aslai.net23.net/programs/gm/game/ee_anim/
Click the title page Aslai Zone to see his old post.

So all im thinking is that someone can replicate that bot and update it with today's Everybody Edits version as was EE editor bot was updated by a moderator giving a source code or something?
Think of the possibility! This way shouldn't cause any condition of crashing a world's server.
Can dreams come true? With computer programer brainiacs(you who creates bots), yes they can!

#9 2017-01-25 13:47:12, last edited by LukeM (2017-01-25 13:48:28)

LukeM
Website

Hacked wrote:

Well im not asking for any major type of animation that would be like a building on fire or people moving, or even blocks moving rapidly.
Just something simple like in this video;  https://youtu.be/6FZBrrfa4W4
But im sure we can make a world alot better than that one with similar moving animated blocks and force arrows since that video was in 2010.

Even that sort of thing adds up, in that world, there was probably at least 200+ blocks per second, which adds up, and would cause problems now. To do that, you would probably need at least a few alt accounts, all connected at once, and some sort of messy way of splitting block placing between them, and even that might struggle.

A lot of that, though, could now be done with switches, and an AFK player switching them on and off (or even a bot if you wanted to), which would be a much simpler way of doing it, but that wouldnt work with action blocks

#10 2017-01-25 15:12:42

den3107

destroyer123 wrote:

Even that sort of thing adds up, in that world, there was probably at least 200+ blocks per second, which adds up, and would cause problems now. To do that, you would probably need at least a few alt accounts, all connected at once, and some sort of messy way of splitting block placing between them, and even that might struggle.

Mind the enormous delays between each "frame". you can easily, instead of doing everything in a single frame, use the gaps in between those frames to update certain animations.
A world like that would easily be possible, though it can't get a whole lot bigger

#11 2017-01-25 15:40:43

LukeM
Website

den3107 wrote:
destroyer123 wrote:

Mind the enormous delays between each "frame". you can easily, instead of doing everything in a single frame, use the gaps in between those frames to update certain animations.
A world like that would easily be possible, though it can't get a whole lot bigger

Whether you use 'frames' or not, the (absolute max) limit per account is still 100 blocks per second, so you would still need multiple accounts to do something like that. You could probably time everyting so that there was an even number of updates thoughout the whole thing, but that would still need multiple accounts controlling it. It may not seem like much is happening in each part of the world, but with many different parts, especially with horisontal platforms moving up and down, all the small(ish) things would add up, and probably be 200 blocks per second or more.

#12 2017-01-25 18:16:46

capasha

What I remember did twipply and gcommer made their own tools.
They used detours, which mean they hooked into the flash process and was reading and sending packets.
WPE have a limit for this, sure you can read packets and send. But you can't use it as a bot, like reading when player does x and then do y.

Gcommer released a public bot for EE.

Anyway it should be possible to make small animations. EEditor have functions for animations. But I'm lazy to update it, because of the limit EE have now.

#13 2017-01-26 00:24:07, last edited by Abelysk (2017-01-26 00:24:52)

Abelysk

Xfrogman43 made an animator bot for me that can make animations last up to an hour <333

What it does is it memorizes the blocks you placed and deleted, then loops it. You can also choose a speed from 0 (fastest) -100 (slowest) for the bot. It never breaks as well.

#14 2017-01-26 00:35:27

capasha

Kefka wrote:

Xfrogman43 made an animator bot for me that can make animations last up to an hour <333

What it does is it memorizes the blocks you placed and deleted, then loops it. You can also choose a speed from 0 (fastest) -100 (slowest) for the bot. It never breaks as well.

How big animations can it do then? Old times you could make an elevator of 40 blocks that was moving up and down.

#15 2017-01-26 03:36:04

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Nowadays you can still send several blocks with no delay between them so that they place instantaneously, if that's crucial to the animation.

It's probably best to keep the animations small, or make them so that lag has less of an impact on gameplay.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#16 2017-01-26 05:24:16, last edited by Abelysk (2017-01-26 05:24:55)

Abelysk

capasha wrote:
Kefka wrote:

How big animations can it do then? Old times you could make an elevator of 40 blocks that was moving up and down.

From the bottom of the world to the top, except it can only move one block at a time so the animation in that case would be extremely awkward

#17 2017-01-26 05:42:49, last edited by capasha (2017-01-26 05:43:48)

capasha

Have started working on an animator. Right now it's not finished, but have the animation features.
8WtET72.gif

#18 2017-01-26 06:55:14, last edited by Doodle (2017-01-26 06:59:34)

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

Hey if you guys (any bot creators) team up to create this Animation bot, I betcha it would be a lot more advanced than one person working on it. *.-

#19 2017-01-26 08:45:18

XxAtillaxX

capasha wrote:

Have started working on an animator. Right now it's not finished, but have the animation features.
http://i.imgur.com/8WtET72.gif

You could probably fit it into EEditor similar to EE Animator.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#20 2017-01-26 09:15:08

Doomsdaytoy9000

Animation could be cool, it could open up a lot more minigames and make worlds look cooler. A world that I'm making is set on an aircraft and I could make the rotors spin with animation.

XR0wvu0.png

Wooted by:

#21 2017-01-26 16:46:03

capasha

XxAtillaxX wrote:
capasha wrote:

You could probably fit it into EEditor similar to EE Animator.

Yeah I should do that. EEditor already have features for it, It just when I will do it.

Wooted by:

#22 2017-01-27 04:31:14

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

capasha wrote:

EEditor already have features for it,...

That's cool, but if you are going to create this Animation bot, can you create it also on a program that does not require Net.Framework 4, if possible? I can't use EEditor because it will never load the image onto a world for me, maybe because i use Windows7 or Net.Framework is just not working on my computer, i don't know.
Having it on a separate bot may be beneficial to others too who don't use that.

#23 2017-01-27 05:41:50, last edited by SirJosh3917 (2017-01-27 05:46:18)

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

Hacked wrote:
capasha wrote:

That's cool, but if you are going to create this Animation bot, can you create it also on a program that does not require Net.Framework 4, if possible? I can't use EEditor because it will never load the image onto a world for me, maybe because i use Windows7 or Net.Framework is just not working on my computer, i don't know.

Windows 7? You can still get .NET framework thingies.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=30653
make sure you have service pack 1

UN8mKSf.png

#24 2017-01-29 01:24:22

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:
Hacked wrote:
capasha wrote:

Windows 7? You can still get .NET framework thingies.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=30653
make sure you have service pack 1

http://i.imgur.com/UN8mKSf.png

Well it turns out that my Windows 7 PC is out of date with some downloads. Through researching the problem from that web link, i found that i need to download some updates before i can even download Service pack 1 for .Net Framework 4. I went through my Windows update panel to see if any necessary updates would show any notification and there's none, only optional, and idk which one is required, so i might just download all of them. I figured out that the problem is that i have .Net Framework 4 but not installed with its service pack. I think i know what to do now, but if it don't work, its okay. I really just want some person(s) to create a great animation bot for everybody to use, and that i can play many worlds that have animated levels/ mini's/ parkour.
What a dream. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#25 2017-08-19 08:50:54, last edited by Doodle (2017-08-19 08:58:43)

Doodle
Formerly Hacked

I'm gravediging this topic because its such a informative discussion about  EE animation today and its downgraded capabilities and possibilities because Everybody Edits is now 2.0.

So what i have reread in this topic, it seems that its still possible but with major limitations. Maybe Capasha can surpass them?

capasha wrote:

Capasha, all I'm asking for is a simple animation program (like this: [block placement: 1-2-3-4/ block removal: 1-2-3-4]) installed in your EEditor or separately so that some one or myself, if possible with my dinosaur computer, can create a great world with well developed animated mini-games so everybody could enjoy a old original popular feature, before its too late, that has long disappeared from the game.

If you can create this simple animation bot, or any other programmer, with today's EE, you should be considered a top notch EE programmer worthy of being a developer because EE animation is potentially revolutionary but never flourished in this game and i don't think it ever will since a better server for EE has not been released to support this.

If i had missed a fact in previous posts, that basically states "this is impossible or not worthy of doing"; enlighten me so this can be quick and painless.

Doodle1503476556674496

Board footer