Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2017-01-02 19:44:45

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: Protocol documentation

EE version is 218.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by:

#52 2017-01-23 00:35:18

Latif

"add"
19  |  Integer  |  Chat Color  |  The player's chat color.

Is this like friends are green, mods are purple and admins are orange? I want to know the color of each integer //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Can someone help me?

#53 2017-01-23 02:07:19

capasha

Latif wrote:
"add"

Is this like friends are green, mods are purple and admins are orange? I want to know the color of each integer //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Can someone help me?

The client detect which colors each user have, friends, admins, mods and so on.

#54 2017-01-23 09:30:17, last edited by Latif (2017-01-23 10:26:33)

Latif

capasha wrote:
Latif wrote:
"add"

Can someone help me?

The client detect which colors each user have, friends, admins, mods and so on.

Yeah I know, but my question is: What integer is friends, what integer is mod and what integer is admin?

EDIT:
So is it like
0 = Default
1 = Friend
2 = Mod
3 = Admin
??

#55 2017-01-23 11:38:42

den3107

I think it's RGB (red, green, blue) values converted to a single integer. See this converter.
Do mind that you can see if a player is your friend through id 12.

I don't know what integral value each "user type" has, as obviously I can't easily retrieve those of mods/admins.

#56 2017-01-23 12:48:34

Latif

den3107 wrote:

I think it's RGB (red, green, blue) values converted to a single integer. See this converter.

I don't know what integral value each "user type" has, as obviously I can't easily retrieve those of mods/admins.

Ah yeah I was afraid of that.
I already used GetBoolean(12) for friends. For admins and moderators I made a list

if (Admins.Contains(username) { }
else if (Moderators.Contains(username) { }

But I have to update the lists when admins and moderators changed.

I'll investigate //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Thank you

#57 2017-01-23 14:47:07

den3107

Latif wrote:

If you don't care about the difference between admin and moderator, you can check if the name color isn't equal to the default or friend color, meaning it's either admin or moderator.

#58 2017-01-23 16:15:47

capasha

Latif wrote:
den3107 wrote:

Ah yeah I was afraid of that.
I already used GetBoolean(12) for friends. For admins and moderators I made a list

if (Admins.Contains(username) { }
else if (Moderators.Contains(username) { }

I'll investigate //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
Thank you

That's why they use this database in the client to detect mods and so on, client.BigDB.Load("config", "staff")

#59 2017-02-18 18:11:21

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

I would like to ask for the addition of a new message type received when an user fails to get edit with the edit key (wrong key).

It can be called "accessfailed".

I have plans to make a world where all users try to input the key and gain edit to draw the word in the key. I can use the message to give the user a small hint of the real key, and keep going until they finally input the real key. Then, they have a small amount of time to make the figure before the code is changed. If they managed to draw the figure successfully, they get a coin.

Wooted by: (2)

#60 2017-02-18 21:02:33

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

HG wrote:

I would like to ask for the addition of a new message type received when an user fails to get edit with the edit key (wrong key).

That'll really improve keycrackers.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#61 2017-02-18 22:46:41

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Tomahawk wrote:
HG wrote:

That'll really improve keycrackers.

People can code bots to kick users if they input a wrong code (like the old anti-key-cracker system by Mr. Shoe, but well implemented).

Wooted by: (3)

#62 2017-02-19 00:39:02

den3107

HG wrote:

I have plans to make a world where all users try to input the key and gain edit to draw the word in the key. I can use the message to give the user a small hint of the real key, and keep going until they finally input the real key. Then, they have a small amount of time to make the figure before the code is changed. If they managed to draw the figure successfully, they get a coin.

Can't you just as well make them PM you their guess on the key?
If they're then correct just give them edit right and remove it again when needed.

#63 2017-02-19 04:16:34

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

HG wrote:

People can code bots to kick users if they input a wrong code

How can a bot detect that?

#64 2017-02-19 06:21:59

hummerz5

Tomahawk wrote:
HG wrote:

People can code bots to kick users if they input a wrong code

How can a bot detect that?

read more of the message :3

HG wrote:

Wooted by:

#65 2017-02-19 16:49:43

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

den3107 wrote:
HG wrote:

If they're then correct just give them edit right and remove it again when needed.

But that would generate a lot of chat spam.

#66 2017-02-19 18:57:53

LukeM
Website

HG wrote:
den3107 wrote:
HG wrote:

Not if its a PM

#67 2017-02-19 23:09:55

den3107

HG wrote:
den3107 wrote:
HG wrote:

As I (and destroyer said):
Try and make sure they'll use it in PM. If they try it in public chat, pm them that they'll have to use the command through a pm.

#68 2017-02-22 16:17:23

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

I want to give the user a text sign with the hint since they're stuck on a square block trying to guess, to completely avoid the use of chat.

#69 2017-02-22 18:22:30

capasha

HG wrote:

I want to give the user a text sign with the hint since they're stuck on a square block trying to guess, to completely avoid the use of chat.

This can be done with bots, but I guess you don't want to use that?

#70 2017-02-22 18:26:20

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

capasha wrote:
HG wrote:

My objective is to do that with a bot of course. But at the same time, I don't want the users to PM the bot, to prevent chat spam. I'd like them to use the edit key box instead to submit their words.

#71 2017-02-22 18:31:43

capasha

HG wrote:
capasha wrote:
HG wrote:

My objective is to do that with a bot of course. But at the same time, I don't want the users to PM the bot, to prevent chat spam. I'd like them to use the edit key box instead to submit their words.

I would do like this.

Playerx writes in the chat i need help or anything like that. You store all players locations. You tp the user to a box and a sign and then with some help, when player moves you teleport the player back where he was and got stuck. Each positions set their different clues. Or maybe you want to do something else?

#72 2017-02-22 18:35:27

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

There is a set of random hints directly related to the final word, each one in their individual square boxes. When an uses inputs a wrong word, they'll be tele-ported to one of these hints.

#73 2017-02-22 18:41:46

capasha

I don't see a reason to not have such feature, codecrackers would only attack noob worlds anyway.
If there is someone that want a secure world, don't use a code, use giveedit and that is fixed too.

Wooted by: (2)

#74 2017-02-23 00:16:49

LukeM
Website

capasha wrote:

I don't see a reason to not have such feature, codecrackers would only attack noob worlds anyway.
If there is someone that want a secure world, don't use a code, use giveedit and that is fixed too.

IMO the game shouldnt be changed to make bot makers lives easier, especially if it makes no actual difference to the actual game, or when it is only useful for a few bots (in this case both are true).
A big part of making bots, is designing them around the game, it shouldnt be the other way round.
If this can already be done with other features (PMs so there is no chat spam, other than your own guesses) then why change the game, just so your life is a tiny bit easier.

#75 2017-02-23 01:15:18

Xfrogman43

iWhdHb2.png
Not sure why you have 2 of these, neither of them change false/true when holding or not. Or maybe I didn't test it right...

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

capasha1681908786797688

Board footer