Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-09 14:25:18, last edited by Abelysk (2017-01-09 14:30:00)

Abelysk

PSA: Exercise and eat healthy before it's too late

Every single one of you probably has atherosclerosis developing right now. Atherosclerosis is the process of fatty plaque growing in your arteries. If you're under 20, now is the best time to start exercising and eating healthy.

Atherosclerosis takes decades to grow. It's a really long process of cell death and cell hardening and compaction along lesions in the artery walls. If you get started early, you can halt the growth, slowing it down tremendously. So put down those chips and steaks and burgers.

Avoid processed food. This includes premade foods like fast food, chips, TV dinners, basically stuff that has a laundry list of incomprehensible ingredients. Eat simple foods like veggies and fruits (5 servings of each a day).

Do exercise. Take an hour out of your day to do some random exercises. Look up various online exercises you wanna do. Don't stick to the same routine everyday.

Heart attacks are extremely common in older people. Many people have it and it's scary and often fatal. They are caused solely by atherosclerosis.

Think of exercising and eating right as a way to help your life out. Don't force it upon yourself, treat it like a goal of a future you.

I'm posting this because today marks my journey to slowing down my atherosclerosis. I don't wanna feel alone in this. It feels like a journey is ahead of me, and I'm officially going to drop the processed junk and look towards good food.

There are three ingredients to atherosclerosis: high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and weight. Eat low fat food, and always make sure the cholesterol you eat if HDL not LDL (the bad type). Avoid too much sodium too.

Recent studies have shown that the truth behind high blood pressure and sodium doesn't lie in the sodium itself, but in a potassium-sodium ratio. You must always have more potassium than sodium in your body. Bananas (high in sugar) have lots of potassium. Avocados are loaded with em too.

Point is just eat healthy.

Hope everyone takes this advice. If you're gonna stay a couch potato for the rest of your life, your life later on will be painful to say the least...

#2 2017-01-09 14:42:55

Luka504

Re: PSA: Exercise and eat healthy before it's too late

I find it hard to lose wait tbh. I constantly eat chips and chocolate and except for some few 30 min of walking to school, I cant say I excerdize at all. Yet my weight stays roughly the same.
And I know some people who cant even smell chocolate without gaining weight.
*laughs in fast metabolism*

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#3 2017-01-09 15:10:06

Abelysk

Chips aren't good because they tip your sodium levels. Chocolate is terrible because of the fats.

#4 2017-01-09 16:14:55

Different55
Forum Admin

how about off brand hot pockets are those okay

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2017-01-09 16:48:13

Abelysk

Different55 wrote:

Whaddya mean by off brand?

It's probably packed with sodium and saturated fats regardless

#6 2017-01-09 17:21:28

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

what if you dont eat
like you basically starve yourself and there's only cereal and sandwiches to eat and milk and water
is this a good combination if you eat it like once a day maybe twice

#7 2017-01-09 19:37:06

Different55
Forum Admin

Kefka wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Whaddya mean by off brand?

It's probably packed with sodium and saturated fats regardless

They're @ease brand stuffed sandwiches. They're like a whole dollar cheaper than hot pockets and the wrapper doubles as the crisping sleeve thing instead of with hot pockets where the sleeve is separate and you have to do some origami crap with it.

- ShinsukeIto

#8 2017-01-09 20:41:38, last edited by Abelysk (2017-01-09 20:42:21)

Abelysk

If the ingredients read something like Sodium Inosinate or Sodium Diacetate or something, it's processed.

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

what if you dont eat
like you basically starve yourself and there's only cereal and sandwiches to eat and milk and water
is this a good combination if you eat it like once a day maybe twice

Most cereals contain way too much sugar - not good for your blood sugar

Milk is loaded with fats as well.

There are a lot of alternatives for nearly any possible meal in existence. There's a burger called the Impossible Burger that's made entirely out of veggies but tastes just like a burger, juice and all.

Tofu's really bland, but it's an empty canvas waiting to get sauteed in with something

#9 2017-01-09 20:46:16

Different55
Forum Admin

Kefka wrote:

Milk is loaded with fats as well.

"milk is bad for you"
what has the world come to

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#10 2017-01-09 21:36:24

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

im skinny af
i need to get fat so screw the healthy food rules

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#11 2017-01-09 22:11:24

Pingohits
Banned

kefka i'm not sure whether you're being legitimate or if you're just at such a high level of irony it's becoming harder to discern

791mAP8.png

#12 2017-01-10 00:39:15

Insanity

200.gif#5

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#13 2017-01-10 07:29:46, last edited by WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM (2017-01-10 07:31:05)

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

This is the advantage of being a teen. I eat pizza rolls and candy canes everyday and still am healthy along with beans and meat with salt. I am also a runner.  Enjoy it while it last //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue Once you hit 20 you start to worry about eating correctly.

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#14 2017-01-10 07:57:01

Abelysk

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

This is the advantage of being a teen. I eat pizza rolls and candy canes everyday and still am healthy

Are you healthy tho? I used to eat like that daily too, and now I suffer from PVCs (where our heart has an extra beat, then stops for a lil, then pumps normally again).

#15 2017-01-10 16:05:23

WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM

Kefka wrote:
WMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWMWM wrote:

This is the advantage of being a teen. I eat pizza rolls and candy canes everyday and still am healthy

Are you healthy tho? I used to eat like that daily too, and now I suffer from PVCs (where our heart has an extra beat, then stops for a lil, then pumps normally again).

Of course i'm still healthy. They only told me my blood pressure was too high only once when I ate too many hot pockets.

WM malfuntion VgPb7gb.png

#16 2017-01-10 16:09:23

Ratburntro44
Website

whenever i get vaccinations they're afraid i'll pass out because of how low my blood pressure is so that's fun

#17 2017-01-10 16:34:16

Abelysk

Blood pressure is hard to permanently revert

Abelysk1484062456642677

Board footer