Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-28 19:29:24, last edited by OINX (2016-12-28 19:37:00)

OINX

Dot colors and arrow colors

Hi I hope this has not been asked before. I noticed that my yellow dots did not fit into the whole color theme for one of my worlds.
And I have been wondering why something that obvious has never been taken care of.

What do you think of having dots in a few different strong colors. Dots are used in almost every world but they are only yellow, at least the visible ones.

Could it be that dots just have been yellow because of no background colors back in the days? Without a background color that yellow looks perfect. But times have changed and we have background colors. We even have so many different block colors that sometimes the yellow just does not fit into the picture.

My suggestion is to choose a color for small and big visible dots in some kind of drag down option, so the menu won't be filled unnecessarily.

The same suggestion goes for visible arrows, too.

Would like to hear some pro / contra point of views.

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

#2 2016-12-28 19:34:45, last edited by TaskManager (2016-12-28 19:36:01)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Dot colors and arrow colors

Why don't you use invisible arrows?
nevermind

tbh i find it unnecessary to add multiple colors for the gravity arrows since their main purpose is not decorating the level

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#3 2016-12-28 19:37:34

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

OINX wrote:

Would like to hear some pro / contra point of views.

Well, hear you go.

It would make arrows/dots harder to notice as there would be multiple different colors, as players wouldn't as immediately notice what's a gravity dot and what isn't. It would add extra complexity to world creation. It might be harder to tell grey gravity blocks from invisible ones in god mode.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#4 2016-12-28 20:54:37

OINX

The dot and arrow colors would act as a bonus. They are, just as the rest of the visual suggestions, for aesthetic purposes. The colors don't need to have a range of colors. Just a few main colors as yellow, green red, blue, and black with a white border, and white with a black border are fine.

You would also expect a world builder to take care of the contrast. Right now it's more like you have to adjust your surroundings by not using yellowish backgrounds or similar surroundings, so yellow dots and arrows are visible enough.

It would not add that much to the complexity as the huge amount of blocks already did.

Dots and arrows however are a main thing, and it is weird for one of the main objects in EE to be that limited in colors.

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

#5 2016-12-28 22:26:11

Evilbunny

Yea I like this idea, it would make levels just a little bit nicer if arrows could fit the theme.

The fact that people might use them poorly in levels is not a reason not to add something.

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2016-12-28 23:55:29

Latif

No pls don't make gravity arrows morphable https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/3/31/007_crying

Latif1482965729640956

Board footer