Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-11-19 00:04:32, last edited by azurepudding (2016-11-19 00:07:07)

azurepudding

Please bring me back!

Okay, so I've been slowly pushing through the new campaign.  I've spent nearly 10 hours on TTL: Spike Edition and much to my dismay, after waking up, I found that the world had disconnected, meaning all my progress, all my time, all my effort, went to waste.. due to something completely out of my control.  I don't want to do this all over again as it's very time consuming and it could happen again anyways..

So I ask, please.. can a staff member please restore my progress by teleporting me back to the mini I was on?  Coins don't seem to matter on this map so a simple warp is all that's needed.  Some of the previous minis nearly drove me insane and I really don't want to do them again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Here's a screenshot of the mini I was last on (#84), for proof:

KKrua4m.png (please ignore my sourness, I've just been at this for several, several hours)

I also suggest that save spot time should be extended to at least one day, at least for Perpetual Frustration, and maybe Fractured Fingers and Endurance as well.  Disconnects and blackouts can happen, and with most campaigns there isn't too much of a loss, but these three campaigns can take players several hours to complete, and likely require a few pauses where disconnects can happen without warning.

I'm currently idling somewhere in the world, so my focus may be elsewhere, but if a mod or admin could 'port me back I would be extremely grateful. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2016-11-19 00:07:00

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: Please bring me back!

Save spots should be permanent until the user joins another world (the save is lost) or the user re-joins the tier.

#3 2016-11-19 00:21:44

azurepudding

HG wrote:

Save spots should be permanent until the user joins another world (the save is lost) or the user re-joins the tier.

I'm not sure on that.. I like to check how my friends are doing in other tabs, and give them tips and cheer them on at rough spots.  There are a few people in this world when this screenshot was taken but I assure you that these spike hell worlds get lonelier and lonelier the higher the tier //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Anyway, something should be done about this.  I don't think loss of progress was the intended point of frustration for this campaign.. you can also see that I've beaten 83, which is notorious for being the hardest mini of this world, and I reeeally don't wanna do it and a select few other minis again //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/mad

Azure2.png

#4 2016-11-19 00:26:26, last edited by Slabdrill (2016-11-19 00:29:45)

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

azurepudding wrote:
HG wrote:

I'm not sure on that.. I like to check how my friends are doing in other tabs, and give them tips and cheer them on at rough spots.  There are a few people in this world when this screenshot was taken but I assure you that these spike hell worlds get lonelier and lonelier the higher the tier //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

correction: save spots should be permanent until the user joins another world (unless48ish hours maybe) and 15 minutes have passed.

So, basically, you can keep your progress forever as long as you aren't in any other worlds, while still being able to visit others as long as you're active

suddenly random sig change

#5 2016-11-19 00:41:01

Freckleface

I kinda find it odd how you took a screenshot of the mini you were last on. It kinda seems like you were either expecting it to disconnect or you HAD to disconnect and you wanted a save spot.

(or of course you want to cheat the campaign)

F

#6 2016-11-19 00:54:04

azurepudding

12345678908642 wrote:
azurepudding wrote:
HG wrote:

correction: save spots should be permanent until the user joins another world (unless48ish hours maybe) and 15 minutes have passed.

So, basically, you can keep your progress forever as long as you aren't in any other worlds, while still being able to visit others as long as you're active

Sounds a lot more fair

Freckleface wrote:

I kinda find it odd how you took a screenshot of the mini you were last on. It kinda seems like you were either expecting it to disconnect or you HAD to disconnect and you wanted a save spot.

(or of course you want to cheat the campaign)

I actually had anticipated this would happen! As I've had a couple disconnects while playing, but was able to restore progress with a simple refresh.  However I'm unable to do that while away and after going through so much hell I just had to take a screenshot for proof.  Sleepy smiley for bedtime.

Thegame (the world maker) can attest to this as they had visited me in this mini earlier.  And I'm no cheater.. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Azure2.png

#7 2016-11-19 09:19:54

OINX

Save spots should work that way (unofficial suggestion):

A user is saved on a spot for 1 day. That means he can disconnect and come back after 23h and 59 min, and still be on the same spot.
In case a user wants to delete his saved spot in this world he can go into his menu an turn off a checkmark on a list that, shows all the saved spots one has in his campaign worlds.

To summarize: Extend the save spot duration from 15 min to 24h after a disconnect, and give the ability to turn off all currently used saved spots in a menu.

(  ° ,(oo)° ) oink oink

Wooted by: (3)

#8 2016-11-19 12:28:26

Mieaz

Or simply restart button

Save progress should really be extended to a day or more, nearly everyone wants it or/and needs it

ee & eeforums gibs me depression

#9 2016-11-19 17:19:17

Master1

OINX wrote:

A user is saved on a spot for 1 day. That means he can disconnect and come back after 23h and 59 min, and still be on the same spot.
In case a user wants to delete his saved spot in this world he can go into his menu an turn off a checkmark on a list that, shows all the saved spots one has in his campaign worlds.

To summarize: Extend the save spot duration from 15 min to 24h after a disconnect, and give the ability to turn off all currently used saved spots in a menu.

Highly doubt it's gonna happen, but I too agree with this.

I'm currently on Endless Pain and I just don't see any possible way for me to complete it in one sitting. I took 2 hours just to reach coin 32 (barely a third of the level) and that's not even including the hard sections... I have the same issue as you where I don't trust my internet to afk overnight - I had to briefly share my account with Thwinkt in order to ensure that I wouldn't disconnect on TTL: Spike Edition. When I got back, I still disconnected literally right on the trophy and almost had to play the whole map over. (I have an issue with my computer where my internet drivers fail about once a month, it happened right there at the end and I had to uninstall the driver and restart my computer. Took about 13-14 minutes to fix which was barely enough.)

I understand why the timer exists, maps are supposed to be done in one sitting; That's how EE has always been. Also the fact that a longer timer would completely ruin the point of the Endurance campaign is another issue.

But lets not forget one major thing. Back in the day when people used to play hard maps (EXpro maps mostly) There was usually always someone there to teleport us back to where we left off. I can think of several times when I was let back into FV15 in attempt to beat it. Nearly everyone who made a serious attempt at winning took advantage of that, and that's how so many of us managed to beat them in the first place. I don't see how an extended timer up to say, 24 hours would be any different than having Mustang or MIHB place back to a later point where I had already reached once.

Anyways, yeah I'm all for a 24 hour max timer but I do think we should keep the endurance one at 15min, since that's the entire point of that campaign.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#10 2016-11-19 20:58:18, last edited by azurepudding (2016-11-19 20:59:13)

azurepudding

Mieaz wrote:

Or simply restart button

Save progress should really be extended to a day or more, nearly everyone wants it or/and needs it

Yesss!  I need this.  We all need this!

Master1 wrote:
OINX wrote:

I'm currently on Endless Pain and I just don't see any possible way for me to complete it in one sitting. I took 2 hours just to reach coin 32 (barely a third of the level) and that's not even including the hard sections... I have the same issue as you where I don't trust my internet to afk overnight - I had to briefly share my account with Thwinkt in order to ensure that I wouldn't disconnect on TTL: Spike Edition. When I got back, I still disconnected literally right on the trophy and almost had to play the whole map over. (I have an issue with my computer where my internet drivers fail about once a month, it happened right there at the end and I had to uninstall the driver and restart my computer. Took about 13-14 minutes to fix which was barely enough.)

I understand why the timer exists, maps are supposed to be done in one sitting; That's how EE has always been. Also the fact that a longer timer would completely ruin the point of the Endurance campaign is another issue.

But lets not forget one major thing. Back in the day when people used to play hard maps (EXpro maps mostly) There was usually always someone there to teleport us back to where we left off. I can think of several times when I was let back into FV15 in attempt to beat it. Nearly everyone who made a serious attempt at winning took advantage of that, and that's how so many of us managed to beat them in the first place. I don't see how an extended timer up to say, 24 hours would be any different than having Mustang or MIHB place back to a later point where I had already reached once.

Anyways, yeah I'm all for a 24 hour max timer but I do think we should keep the endurance one at 15min, since that's the entire point of that campaign.

I agree with you except for your exception of Endurance for the very reason you brought up.. computer breaks down, or blackouts, can happen, beyond the player's control.  Or maybe life happens and you have to be somewhere RIGHT NOW.  I don't think the Endurance campaign will lose its meaning as you still have to play just as much, hours of split up gameplay before you win the prize rather than an hour or less for a prize from most of the other campaigns.  I think it's just the name.. I mean, Fractured Fingers (at least for me) takes hours of time as well as Perpetual Frustration, so if they receive a 24 hour save then so should Endurance.

Anyway, I'm glad to see so many others also want this, hopefully they'll extend the timer then. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Azure2.png

#11 2016-11-19 21:53:29

Jorc

Master1 wrote:
OINX wrote:

It's better to extend 24 hours for all campaigns. Because ik how other feels about lossing progress during endurance. Btw, nice idea.

#12 2016-11-24 00:07:44

azurepudding

Okay I managed to get through again and won the tier, but part way into Endless Pain, I was disconnected while asleep, again..

Can something please be done about this?  My inability to beat a level should only be on my side of not possessing the skills to win, not on my connection or EE going down (or someone crashing the world, which was the case when I lost progress on TTL).  Until anything is done about this, I don't think I will continue this campaign any further.  Black outs happen, disconnects happen, and life happens, and it's unfair for me to lose hours of progress and effort due to something out of my control.  Let us have a fair shot at winning based on skill alone, without this luck factor of "hope that you don't disconnect."

Azure2.png

Wooted by: (3)

#13 2016-11-24 19:18:37

Akatsuk1

I agree with this, but i highly doubt this will ever happen, as it would cause campaigns to be way to easy to complete

pizap_com14618147809731.jpg

Akatsuk11480011517636390

Board footer