Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-06 14:02:59, last edited by SirGrapefruit (2016-06-06 14:03:51)

SirGrapefruit

Starry Night - Unfinished (so far)

This level was a try at making a world similar to one of my most favorite levels of all time, Master of Colors. The goal was to create a fun and difficult platformer with some kind of open-world feel while using no arrows whatsoever. However, because I'm hot trash when it comes to art, instead of making colorful, cloud-like objects I decided to go with a different kind of twist: I tried to make the whole level with just three different kind of platforms.

And while the world is fully playable and finishable so far, I lack the ideas and motivation to go any further with this. I started making this world a few months ago and soon after that I stopped working on it, so it was just lying there. But I think that what I've done so far is pretty good, so I decided to at least publish this unfinished world so that it doesn't slide into obscurity.

This world is rather hard, not only because the jumps are pretty difficult but also just finding the path you have to take can be quite tricky. I do have a few hints though: The world heavily uses the concept of momentum preservation, when a jump seems impossible you might just need to take a bit more run-up. Also there is only one possible way to beat this world, if a path you take seems right it probably is. Good luck, and all feedback is appreciated!

SirGrapefruit1465218179605190

Board footer