Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-05-05 01:16:43, last edited by den3107 (2016-05-05 21:37:11)

den3107

[CONCEPT/POLL] remaking (somewhat) old/dead bots

So I made this topic in the bots and programming section about if anybody would like the revival of old/dead bots and found out that there were some people that would like it.
Now do notice: I will not discuss whether it is ethical to copy the bot ideas, as the above mentioned topic (sort off) shows that that group is too small.

Obviously I will mention the original creator, if I know who it is.

Now think of bots like floddy's digbot, portal wurm, dark[something something]'s boss (kinda undertale-ish), rold121's battle worm, etc.
Do mind you can also suggest things not in the list above, these are justs things I remember out of the top of my head.
If you'd like additions to a bot, that will come in a separate thread, when I will actually get to work on it.

You may vote for max 2 things (you cannot put 2 votes on a single bot).

Current votes:

<Bot name>  - <Creator> - <votes>
Digbot      - Floddy    - 1
Temple wurm - ???       - 1

#2 2016-05-05 16:47:43, last edited by Tomahawk (2016-05-05 16:48:03)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: [CONCEPT/POLL] remaking (somewhat) old/dead bots

Can I vote? https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/0/0d/026_XD

I used to play Floddy's bot a huge amount, and if you can find a way to reduce the huge amount of tapping that was needed or make it more entertaining to do so, I think the older EE players would enjoy the nostalgia, and the new ones enjoy an advanced digbot.
You could steal some of the ideas in Ostkaka's digbot (which was active about the same time as Floddy's), like a more aggressive portal worm and randomly-spawning chests. If you removed the refill timer, you could add some kinda dig-themed competitive BAL which would activate when the entire ground was dug out.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#3 2016-05-05 17:20:01

Zumza

If I may I would vote for Temple Worm
Also, just for my curiosity will you use BotBits?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#4 2016-05-05 21:34:16

den3107

Tomahawk wrote:

Can I vote? https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/0/0d/026_XD

I used to play Floddy's bot a huge amount, and if you can find a way to reduce the huge amount of tapping that was needed or make it more entertaining to do so, I think the older EE players would enjoy the nostalgia, and the new ones enjoy an advanced digbot.
You could steal some of the ideas in Ostkaka's digbot (which was active about the same time as Floddy's), like a more aggressive portal worm and randomly-spawning chests. If you removed the refill timer, you could add some kinda dig-themed competitive BAL which would activate when the entire ground was dug out.

Of course you can vote. Please keep the in-depth suggestions for the topic that will be created once the bot has been approved. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Zumza wrote:

Also, just for my curiosity will you use BotBits?

I tend to have too much ego and write as much as I can myself.
All I'd use is Captain9's physics engine if I require the position of players real-time, but for the rest I write it all myself.

den31071462480456600659

Board footer