Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-25 22:36:09, last edited by Swarth100 (2015-10-26 11:58:45)

Swarth100

Non-Mini Campaign

Hello There,

First of all I must again thank all of the developers for the massive amount of effort they are putting into this game; the quantity (and quality) of changes to the actual gameplay I have seen in these past 6 months outnumber those of the rest of EE's history.

Why am I posting though?

Well, I've seen that many campaigns do focus on minigames; minigames in adventure maps, minigames carved into beautiful graphic, minigames of many different kinds seem to always be present. And in no way do I complain about this, EE's original gameplay was about minis and they offer some of the hardest challenges one can make in such game.

But I believe this does not cover all of what is produced in EE.

There are a bunch of levels (take TOOP's worlds, or Text Narratives, as an example) which do not require the same skills as minis. Adventure worlds governed by good storylines have not yet been taken into considerations for campaigns (I might not have kept up with the news though) and I believe that their implementation would be greatly appreciated by the community.

#2 2015-10-25 22:52:31, last edited by Spaceprobe (2015-10-26 00:07:23)

Spaceprobe

Re: Non-Mini Campaign

What about the Time Square (TOOP) and Text Narratives ?

Is there any thread for unofficial campaigns ?

I would also suggest some pure adventure driven games as BUTANE FOREST. I favorit(ed) it. I really like the idea of roleplaying as a forest protector (Greenpeace (???)) avoiding tree murderers while collecting for fruits for game purposes.

Edit :

I didn't realize who TOOP was. Time Square was created by TOOP.

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2015-10-26 00:08:16

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

I had this idea about art-only levels. Basicly all beautiful minimap worlds could get into this one campaign, the theme doesn't matter as long as the map is pretty.
But now you are thinking what would players do in a non-mini art-only worlds. Well I was thinking about giving players automaticly godmode/forcefly and just let them fly around and explore the map. After 5-10(?) minutes players "complete" the world and get a very small prize.
Dazz made a nice list of beautiful artsy worlds here

#4 2015-10-26 13:36:07

skullz17

goodsmile wrote:

I had this idea about art-only levels. Basicly all beautiful minimap worlds could get into this one campaign, the theme doesn't matter as long as the map is pretty.
But now you are thinking what would players do in a non-mini art-only worlds. Well I was thinking about giving players automaticly godmode/forcefly and just let them fly around and explore the map. After 5-10(?) minutes players "complete" the world and get a very small prize.
Dazz made a nice list of beautiful artsy worlds here

Please no. That's not what campaigns are for at all. You can't give players rewards for hanging around in a world for 10 minutes.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#5 2015-10-26 13:46:34

Axelpong1104

Spinastar wrote:

Hello There,

First of all I must again thank all of the developers for the massive amount of effort they are putting into this game; the quantity (and quality) of changes to the actual gameplay I have seen in these past 6 months outnumber those of the rest of EE's history.

Why am I posting though?

Well, I've seen that many campaigns do focus on minigames; minigames in adventure maps, minigames carved into beautiful graphic, minigames of many different kinds seem to always be present. And in no way do I complain about this, EE's original gameplay was about minis and they offer some of the hardest challenges one can make in such game.

But I believe this does not cover all of what is produced in EE.

There are a bunch of levels (take TOOP's worlds, or Text Narratives, as an example) which do not require the same skills as minis. Adventure worlds governed by good storylines have not yet been taken into considerations for campaigns (I might not have kept up with the news though) and I believe that their implementation would be greatly appreciated by the community.

Do u believe?

eYTuol7.png

Believe me With Admin Aura and Orange Name?Try It....

#6 2015-10-26 13:59:54

Napakeun
Formerly goodsmile

skullz17 wrote:

Please no. That's not what campaigns are for at all. You can't give players rewards for hanging around in a world for 10 minutes.

Well, it was just a suggestion to bring more diversity in campaigns. Players can explore the world with playing minigames, why not with flying around too?

skullz17 wrote:

That's not what campaigns are for at all.

What are campaigns for? Probably just for playing minigames. With that players get more experience and become better at beating worlds. Campaigns will force them to beat them since they get the reward for it - and it's a briliant idea, campaigns forced me to beat levels I actually thought will never be able to. I just needed a little encouragement (rewards). And the mind-minigames, I mean the puzzles are great too! A different type for minigames that can be beaten by using your brain.
So campaigns bring players minigame skills... could players somehow get minimap-art skills by campaigns too? Let's think about that?

#7 2015-10-26 14:10:15

skullz17

Yeah but you're forgetting the rewards aspect of campaigns. It's not only to challenge the player and improve their skills, it's also a way for players to get rewards like max energy, gems and items that would otherwise require more time (or money) to get.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:
skullz171445865015553125

Board footer