Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-23 05:25:10

Bimps

how many of you have payed money for ee

this game is freemium aka you trade in money for worthless ****. why would you ever pay money for this ****. go in the corner and defecate in it, then rub your feces in your eyeballs and scream for chris to come back

Wooted by: (7)

#2 2015-08-23 05:32:20

Schlog

Re: how many of you have payed money for ee

Bimps wrote:

this game is freemium aka you trade in money for worthless poop. why would you ever pay money for this poop. go in the corner and defecate in it, then rub your feces in your eyeballs and scream for chris to come back

I wouldn't call Beta access useless... But okay, say what you want about EE.

#3 2015-08-23 05:35:34

Awesomenessgood

Right, sorry for supporting this game.

lunchbox

#4 2015-08-23 06:02:49

Xfrogman43

Technically I haven't payed anything for this game, I have all classics and beta/chat(when you had to pay for it). I just had nice people buy them for me, and birthday gamestop giftcard for kreds -> gems -> classics.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#5 2015-08-23 06:28:04, last edited by Aoitenshi (2015-08-23 06:38:03)

Aoitenshi

I would pay more if it isn't for goddamn Kong sucking all the money I paid.

#6 2015-08-23 08:27:57

nlmdejonge

Bimps wrote:

this game is freemium...

The success of a game like EE depends largely on the number of players.
The more players, the more value the game has for each player.
The freemium pricing strategy means the game is free-to-play, thus drawing in more players.

Bimps wrote:

...aka you trade in money for worthless poop.

Assuming the word "poop" here is used as slang for something that is useless. While that doesn't make "worthless poop" a tautology, you're basically saying the proprietary features/functionality/virtual goods have no real value. As a general statement that is not a fact. It is subjective, because for some players, the content they buy enhances their experience of the game. If one can describe the enhancements that players can currently buy as "worthless poop", that may be a good thing. Here's why. What if the free version of the game would annoy the player, and paying money would disable the distraction. Would you rather have that than allowing players to buy a unique smiley with a top hat and monocle (Big Spender)? What if players could pay money to skip minis or temporarily fly around in any level they'd want. Would you rather have that than allowing players to see new features before other players (Beta Access)? Be careful what you wish for... what if you couldn't get checkpoints with energy? Checkpoints aren't "worthless poop", but making them gems-only wouldn't be an improvement. You don't want the free version to feel limited by comparison.

Bimps wrote:

why would you ever pay money for this poop.

The answer to this is actually very simple. As a 'thank you'. If you like the game and would've paid $5 for it if it wasn't free, why not get 50 gems for $5. This is the same reason why players get fun hats for Team Fortress 2. If you're a Team Fortress 2 player and you've got 150 hours on record, then why not get a cosmetic item to give yourself a different look in-game. If anything, we need more "poop", to give players a wider range of less expensive (than the Big Spender and Diamond) gems-only items to pick from. And less non-"poop", because the things that are closest to non-"poop", like Builders Club, have the highest risk of making the free version feel limited by comparison. EE is a great game. It exists in its current state because of large investments of time and energy (and money - not just for traffic) by the staff. You don't just pay money for the "poop", you pay money for the game to exist and to be improved/polished. Again, what has the most value is subjective. Some players will prefer to use the 50 gems to buy blocks, others will get a gem code to organize a hunt, and so on.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#7 2015-08-23 13:03:33

Creature

Never payed anything, PayPal sucks.

Maybe I'll start buying stuffs once I'm allowed to use mobile credits.

This is a false statement.

#8 2015-08-23 13:19:10

Gosha

Only

for beta //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Wooted by:

#9 2015-08-23 13:21:43

Raven
Formerly Diana2003

I never payed anything for the game.

#10 2015-08-23 14:58:18

Weirdoverse
Website

69 nothings yet

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#11 2015-08-23 14:59:39

Pingohits
Banned

beta, and a surprise gift from anon for 12 months of BC, +1 month of Beta BC, which gives me 13 months of free BC

nice

791mAP8.png

#12 2015-08-23 15:05:10

I got beta and old chat but both of these were rewards from a contest SquadFS made a few years ago. Otherwise, nope.

#13 2015-08-23 15:29:12

Stubby
Website

I've paid $10 for Beta, maybe $5 or $10 for three classic items during a black friday sale, and $0.01 for chat.

fgRzols.png

#14 2015-08-23 15:31:03

Processor

$40 for classics and beta.

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#15 2015-08-23 16:39:03

Bimps

nlmdejonge wrote:
Bimps wrote:

this game is freemium...

The success of a game like EE depends largely on the number of players.
The more players, the more value the game has for each player.
The freemium pricing strategy means the game is free-to-play, thus drawing in more players.

Bimps wrote:

...aka you trade in money for worthless poop.

Assuming the word "poop" here is used as slang for something that is useless. While that doesn't make "worthless poop" a tautology, you're basically saying the proprietary features/functionality/virtual goods have no real value. As a general statement that is not a fact. It is subjective, because for some players, the content they buy enhances their experience of the game. If one can describe the enhancements that players can currently buy as "worthless poop", that may be a good thing. Here's why. What if the free version of the game would annoy the player, and paying money would disable the distraction. Would you rather have that than allowing players to buy a unique smiley with a top hat and monocle (Big Spender)? What if players could pay money to skip minis or temporarily fly around in any level they'd want. Would you rather have that than allowing players to see new features before other players (Beta Access)? Be careful what you wish for... what if you couldn't get checkpoints with energy? Checkpoints aren't "worthless poop", but making them gems-only wouldn't be an improvement. You don't want the free version to feel limited by comparison.

Bimps wrote:

why would you ever pay money for this poop.

The answer to this is actually very simple. As a 'thank you'. If you like the game and would've paid $5 for it if it wasn't free, why not get 50 gems for $5. This is the same reason why players get fun hats for Team Fortress 2. If you're a Team Fortress 2 player and you've got 150 hours on record, then why not get a cosmetic item to give yourself a different look in-game. If anything, we need more "poop", to give players a wider range of less expensive (than the Big Spender and Diamond) gems-only items to pick from. And less non-"poop", because the things that are closest to non-"poop", like Builders Club, have the highest risk of making the free version feel limited by comparison. EE is a great game. It exists in its current state because of large investments of time and energy (and money - not just for traffic) by the staff. You don't just pay money for the "poop", you pay money for the game to exist and to be improved/polished. Again, what has the most value is subjective. Some players will prefer to use the 50 gems to buy blocks, others will get a gem code to organize a hunt, and so on.

jesus **** christ man i literally only wrote this topic because it was 12:30 at night and i was super tired and wanted to **** with the community. how much time did you waste typing that?

Wooted by: (2)

#16 2015-08-23 16:53:53

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

Basically what nlmdejonge wrote is inaccurate.

So... What is a gem? It's worthless poop and that's what it is. It's some tiny integer in a huge storage space of terabytes. A tiny molecule in the huge yahoo games network. But it costs money. Talk about paying five full dollars which can be used for something much more useful on some stupid fifty hexagon shaped virtual rubies which do not help you in any way. What does it do? It gives you some other tiny Boolean for whether you own a stupid piece of graphic.

And what can you do with this graphic? Waste more of your precious time which can again be used for something more useful in building some art in case of blocks, and just have another ugly 26x26 round.

#17 2015-08-23 16:59:33

Bimps

alkazam1448 wrote:

So... What is a gem? It's worthless poop and that's what it is. It's some tiny integer in a huge storage space of terabytes. A tiny molecule in the huge yahoo games network. But it costs money. Talk about paying five full dollars which can be used for something much more useful on some stupid fifty hexagon shaped virtual rubies which do not help you in any way. What does it do? It gives you some other tiny Boolean for whether you own a stupid piece of graphic.

And what can you do with this graphic? Waste more of your precious time which can again be used for something more useful in building some art in case of blocks, and just have another ugly 26x26 round.

a gem is ur mom
nd ur couch

Wooted by:

#18 2015-08-23 17:03:05

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

alkazam1448 wrote:

So... What is a gem? blah blah blah

There are thing you our lifes that makes you happy, playing everybody edits is one for most of us, if spent money in what you like will increase our happyness by playing this game, is a good bet, most of people will not spent many money to get things like big spender and diamond, because it is useless, talking about the blocks, beta acess, builders club, it is something that will give more game value.
YOUR argument is inaccurate.

Krosis.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#19 2015-08-23 17:13:58

Bimps

Arkonagames wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:

So... What is a gem? blah blah blah

There are thing you our lifes that makes you happy, playing everybody edits is one for most of us, if spent money in what you like will increase our happyness by playing this game, is a good bet, most of people will not spent many money to get things like big spender and diamond, because it is useless, talking about the blocks, beta acess, builders club, it is something that will give more game value.
YOUR argument is inaccurate.

you know what else is inaccurate?
your FACE OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

#20 2015-08-23 18:34:08

hummerz5

If we want to throw everything into perspective, consider this:
Gems are a "thank you" for supporting a game's development. You could take all the images, blocks, shapes, GUI, and put them into a separate client (here's to you, NVD). Then you could charge $0 or something very small. People would enjoy your free graphics. So, the ownership or lack thereof concerning pieces of the swf images isn't at stake. Clearly you can make modded clients where you have what you want.

Again, gems are simply showing your support for a game. To thank you for your thanking, you're given a unique currency that allows you to purchase various items.

Though I would agree. The great wall of text assume a degree of seriousness very exaggerated. The mechanics, style, tone, etc. suggested you meant nothing from your post. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#21 2015-08-23 18:48:03

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Let's see, I've probably spent about $50 total on EE and I've been playing for nearly 5 years so.
Some of the stuff I paid for wasn't for myself, though. For example I bought some gems for the contest, I bought some of my friends chat when it wasn't feee., etc.

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#22 2015-08-23 19:06:56

Anak

I haven't spent anything on EE but I might support it at some point by getting classics, or beta, or big spender, or something like that

#23 2015-08-23 20:01:33, last edited by nlmdejonge (2015-08-23 20:01:54)

nlmdejonge

hummerz5 wrote:

The great wall of text [...] The mechanics, style, tone, etc. suggested you meant nothing from your post. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I did mean what I wrote. (Assuming you're talking about me, seeing you mention a "wall of text".)
The style and tone of my writing probably just reflects the kind of person I am. Plus, it changed with age; I'm old (37).

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#24 2015-08-23 20:05:30

hummerz5

nlmdejonge wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

The great wall of text [...] The mechanics, style, tone, etc. suggested you meant nothing from your post. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I did mean what I wrote. (Assuming you're talking about me, seeing you mention a "wall of text".)
The style and tone of my writing probably just reflects the kind of person I am. Plus, it changed with age; I'm old (37).

sorry, I was addressing bimps... you were mentioned in third person as the writer of the great wall, yes.

#25 2015-08-23 20:35:58

Different55
Forum Admin

Bimps wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:

a gem is ur mom
nd ur couch

Hey nub that's my line you can't say that only I can say that.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

kubapolish1440515166534356

Board footer