Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-18 14:27:39

iPwner
Website

Secret command to change world portal key to "space"

Having the world portal button as space was a feature that was on EE for 2 years and was used in many puzzle level. This was a gameplay feature and you guys changed it, yet you guys swore not to change any implemented gameplay features. Not only has it broken my level "Jumpnot Dimension", but many other puzzle levels such as theditor's one, and other worlds that got creative with world portals. There was no valid reason for the change. Change back please, or at least add the option to change world portals back to space via some secret command you slip into the next update. I find it unfair you guys spend 20 seconds changing the command to "Y" for no valid reason while I spent over 20 hours crafting and perfecting that level.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#2 2015-08-18 17:01:04

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Re: Secret command to change world portal key to "space"

They were changed to Y because of the fact that you couldn't jump or you would be teleported to another world. You could just make a kind of square where you can not get out and you can only press Y to continue.

#3 2015-08-18 17:57:31

rgl32

HabboGame wrote:

They were changed to Y because of the fact that you couldn't jump or you would be teleported to another world. You could just make a kind of square where you can not get out and you can only press Y to continue.

You completely missed his point, people have made levels based on if you hit space in the level you have to restart because of the world portals being there, and there really isn't any other way to do that in the level ipwner mentioned, nor the few others that people made.

#4 2015-08-18 18:15:28

Schlog

This is true. Some worlds have a "don't press space" part where if you try to jump you restart entirely.

Changing space to be Y ruined said worlds, but people with world portals everywhere are at least no
longer annoying.

#5 2015-08-18 21:23:50

Creature

Why not a hazard that kills you if you jump?

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#6 2015-08-18 21:37:59

skullz17

Creature wrote:

Well maybe you want it to be possible for people to be able to reach that area (where the hazard is) but without jumping. It is possible to gain vertical height without jumping.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#7 2015-08-18 23:19:38

Swarth100

Creature wrote:

Did hazards come before world portals?

#8 2015-08-18 23:44:30

Anch

Spinastar wrote:
Creature wrote:

I'm pretty sure.

#9 2015-08-18 23:55:00

Swarth100

anch159 wrote:
Spinastar wrote:
Creature wrote:

I'm pretty sure.

Oki! I was unsure... It all goes into the SHOE-VOID-mess-with-EE period

#10 2015-08-19 00:34:42

Grilyon2

/pw (letter) or /portalworld (letter) to change the portal world ''Y'' to any other letter.
Example: /pw enter

Wooted by:

#11 2015-08-19 22:38:21

skullz17

I think you should just type /pw, and after you enter that command, it prompts you to press a key on your keyboard. That way you don't need to know what EE decided to name each key.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#12 2015-08-29 19:27:57

iPwner
Website

Also portals keep getting physics changed. HALP! D:<

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

Im A ®a®ity ®

#13 2015-08-29 19:47:18

Weirdoverse
Website

HabboGame wrote:

Hold space FFS

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#14 2015-08-29 20:56:15

skullz17

He did come up with a new feature. A command. Also your views on his world don't affect the validity of his complaint.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#15 2015-08-29 21:21:29

Falk

skullz17 wrote:

He did come up with a new feature. A command. Also your views on his world don't affect the validity of his complaint.

Still.
The key needed to use the portal was changed for a reason, so you don't accidentally travel to another world.
Supporting complaining users with worlds that are DESIGNED to be annoying is stupid and irrelevant,

because the mods had their reasons and that will not be changed because somebody wants their rage-inducing world fixed. Period.

Wooted by:

Ben

#16 2015-08-29 21:48:05

skullz17

Falk wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

Still.
The key needed to use the portal was changed for a reason, so you don't accidentally travel to another world.
Supporting complaining users with worlds that are DESIGNED to be annoying is stupid and irrelevant,

because the mods had their reasons and that will not be changed because somebody wants their rage-inducing world fixed. Period.

Yeah but it's just like "why not". Why did they change it in the first place? So you don't accidentally travel to another world. If this command is added, will that change? No, you still won't accidentally travel to another world because most people won't even use the command. Stop being so stubborn. It's better to make everyone happy than to just please the majority.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#17 2015-08-30 00:57:33

nlmdejonge

Creature wrote:

This.

And another hazard that kills you if you press left.
Another for right.
Up.
Down.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#18 2015-08-30 01:12:46

Kirby

nlmdejonge wrote:
Creature wrote:

This.

And another hazard that kills you if you press left.
Another for right.
Up.
Down.

left/right you can have a bunch of rotatable one ways. Doesn't look pretty, but it works

#19 2015-08-30 06:13:05

iPwner
Website

Tomkazaz wrote:

This is a very stinky attitude you got there... Instead of ranting about the past, why don't you come up with a new feature that would fill the void? That's what I usually do when I feel like something is missing in EE.

Obviously they're not going to revert the change. It is simpler as it is. Obviously when you made that world you wanted to create rage. You could simply use hazards but you chose the more annoying way. I don't think this world was such a great loss to humanity.

My idea can't be done with hazards - some areas required you to hold space and not let go. The areas that required not holding space would be messed up in addition to looking utterly grotesque. It as a very easy world as well - your thought is a simple illusion your mind is playing on you in attempt to convince you that it's the world's fault you can't beat it merely because you're too noobish to complete it. Why are you formulating these thoughts you ask? You're just having too much action in the toilet - That's what happens, your thoughts turn to poo. The more you know~  :3

Im A ®a®ity ®

#20 2015-08-30 07:10:41

Kirby

Tomkazaz wrote:

Obviously when you made that world you wanted to create rage. You could simply use hazards but you chose the more annoying way. I don't think this world was such a great loss to humanity.

I really wish you played the world before you made such remarks, it's an innovative concept with gameplay that explores it in many different ways.

#21 2015-08-30 08:08:59

Nebula

Yawww... Still useless.

#22 2015-08-30 17:48:55, last edited by Kirby (2015-08-30 17:49:25)

Kirby

Tomkazaz wrote:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But the level is pretty dang broken...

Wooted by: (3)

#23 2015-08-30 20:12:24, last edited by rgl32 (2015-08-30 20:13:40)

rgl32

Tomkazaz wrote:
Kirby wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But the level is pretty dang broken...

The world portals function perfectly. Fixing the world is up to the owner.

Besides, you expect me to believe he actually purchased all those portals? There must have been some kind of game exploitation while creating that level. Justify that...

justify it placing in a contest, that was pretty much run by the before guardians. And you know, builders club could place that much.
Even if it was by a bug, I know very well that numerous people used that bug before it was patched, that doesn't make it any less qualified a level than any other.

I'm not saying it was a bad idea to fix the world portals, but the mechanics of them before did have a few possibilities without taking up extra space.

Wooted by:

#24 2015-08-30 23:36:24, last edited by iPwner (2015-08-30 23:41:23)

iPwner
Website

@Tomkazaz I actually had BC - also basically you're justifying any physics changes that benjaminsen rolled out in the past that broke countless levels. In short, ur dumb. ;9 KThxBaiOutOfMyWondrousTopicWithTheseInfantilePosts

tomkazaz wrote:

if it aint broke dont fix it

world portals weren't broken but they changed it to Y for no reason. hypocrite much?

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by:
iPwner1440974184536739

Board footer