Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-17 23:47:06, last edited by Schlog (2015-08-18 22:50:07)

Schlog

Effects, commands, slabs, smiley(s)

Okay, so, I had a ton of ideas that I'd thought it would be necessary to dump onto the Internet. There are currently only
effects, commands, and a smiley in this big list. If you don't like reading, then leave this topic.

Slowness wrote:

LdUJrIq.png
A slowness effect would make you move just as slow as a zombie, but you won't actually transform into a zombie. This would make those horror
worlds better along with Jump Reduction, depending on how you used the two.
-Is overridden by Speed, as well as vice-versa.

Jump Reduction wrote:

oOnafXN.png
Jump Reduction would make you jump as high as a zombie, but still, you don't turn into a zombie. This would make those horror
worlds better along with Slowness, depending on how you used the two.
-Is overridden by Jump Boost, as well as vice-versa. (thx anderson)

Double Jump wrote:

dOvErGO.png
jmrhDNG.png
Double jumping is an effect that would allow for more interesting minigame ideas, make you (maybe) able to jump longer distances,
and would also be cool in boss worlds. Basically, it allows you to jump one time while in mid-air.
-Second jump is still affected by jump boost/reduction
(got this idea from master1, thanks)
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 25#p484325
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=26775

No Jump wrote:

NMZ7Kt4.png
A No Jump effect would simply make you unable to jump. If anyone has played IPwner's don't press space world before the update with world portals,
you would understand how this could be an interesting and fun (if people don't put it under spawnpoints) effect for certain worlds.
-Cancels all jump effects.
-If you have a better name, I will change it and credit you.
http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 25#p484325

Shrinking wrote:

t7ZuhGF.png
B2OW1eZ.png
When you touch this effect block, your smiley/character will shrink down to 1/16 size. (thx arkona)
-You will not lose speed or jump height.
EDIT: -Can fit under these blocks: Qs4ZshH.png
EDIT: -Can run on top of mud/water.
-When another player runs over you, you will die.
I got this idea from somewhere, not my idea.
For your struggles, all smileys, but small! qIh2fij.png

Okay, now for command suggestions.

1. /setblock [layer] [x] [y] [id] - Sets a block to desired coordinates.
2. /fill [layer] [x] [y] [x2] [y2] [id] - Fills a large group of blocks. Maybe set a maximum?
3. /effect [player] [id] - Gives the desired player an effect.
4. /clone [layer] [x] [y] [x2] [y2] [x] [y] - Clones a specific group of blocks in desired coordinates.
Blocks with /clone face south-east, and will only clone blocks that the user has.
("layer" means that it's either background or foreground. FG=1, BG=2)

Now, slabs. They're in the "Shrinking" section but whatever they're here too:
Qs4ZshH.png
These slabs are morphable. (can rotate)
If you're a big (16x16) smiley, you can run up these blocks, sort of like Minecraft.
If you're a small (4x4) smiley, you can pass under these blocks.
You can NOT pass through these blocks as if they were 1-ways. That's not how it's supposed to be designed.

Finally, what I call the Pestered smiley. (may have been made before.)
okS2SxY.png

So, there are ALL of my suggestions. I may modify this list when I come up with new content to be added, but that may be far in the
future. Thanks for reading/considering my ideas. I did my best to make the graphics look good.

Also, thanks Master1 for telling me about the Double Jump (i think he got it from the forums...) idea.
And thank you some guy who came up with the shrinking potion idea a while back. I have no clue who's idea that was.
(there's still room for improvement)

G'bai! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile (parentheses)

I hope at least one of these are added...

#2 2015-08-18 00:12:43

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

Re: Effects, commands, slabs, smiley(s)

Shrinking wrote:

http://imgur.com/t7ZuhGF.png
http://imgur.com/B2OW1eZ.png
When you touch this effect block, your smiley/character will shrink down to 1/4 size.
-You will not lose speed or jump height.
-When another player runs over you, you will die.
I got this idea from somewhere, not my idea.
For your struggles, all smileys, but small! http://imgur.com/qIh2fij.png

The correct is 1/16 of the space, because the normal are 16x16 (256 area) and the small is 4x4 (16 area) so 16/256=1/16

Krosis.gif

Wooted by:

#3 2015-08-18 00:23:50

some woman

MLGNinja wrote:
Double Jump wrote:

dOvErGO.png
jmrhDNG.png
Double jumping is an effect that would allow for more interesting minigame ideas, make you (maybe) able to jump longer distances,
and would also be cool in boss worlds. Basically, it allows you to jump one time while in mid-air.

No Jump wrote:

NMZ7Kt4.png
A No Jump effect would simply make you unable to jump. If anyone has played IPwner's don't press space world before the update with world portals,
you would understand how this could be an interesting and fun (if people don't put it under spawnpoints) effect for certain worlds.

yet another person who has never seen Bobithan's Double Jumping thread, or FDOOU's post on it for that matter.

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#4 2015-08-18 00:33:31, last edited by Schlog (2015-08-18 00:35:14)

Schlog

some man wrote:
MLGNinja wrote:
Double Jump wrote:

http://imgur.com/dOvErGO.png
http://imgur.com/jmrhDNG.png

No Jump wrote:

http://imgur.com/NMZ7Kt4.png

yet another person who has never seen Bobithan's Double Jumping thread, or FDOOU's post on it for that matter.

I'll add links to those threads.

#5 2015-08-18 01:44:23

Pingohits
Banned

i like all of them except for shrinking

it just seems weird to be killed while in shrink

791mAP8.png

#6 2015-08-18 03:25:28

frank2

Yeah, all of them are great, i don't know what to think about the smiley though.

#7 2015-08-18 05:51:28

logothetis
Website

I like them but the shrinking no because if you touch it you will be very small

everybody_edits_sword_fight_by_echokai-d5qr01m.gif
Credits To Echo

#8 2015-08-18 05:59:19

Pikmindude

logothetis wrote:

...Isn't that the point?

f0836d63c2d49c5850521363b3a46475.gif 89a8aa498e2bf90c995d8d3b75f556ef.png363e003fc34e3b4026905c3cf425dabd.png

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2015-08-18 11:30:07

Kangxp

Pikmindude wrote:
logothetis wrote:

...Isn't that the point?

However it has no actual use; it only affects the size of your smiley and nothing else.

derp
go watch mlp
everyone will be proud of u
just search "mlp sweep"

Wooted by:

#10 2015-08-18 11:32:10

logothetis
Website

Kangxp wrote:
Pikmindude wrote:
logothetis wrote:

...Isn't that the point?

However it has no actual use; it only affects the size of your smiley and nothing else.

It's very small but no bad.But it I'm sure it will be better if the size has 1/10 of normal smiley

everybody_edits_sword_fight_by_echokai-d5qr01m.gif
Credits To Echo

#11 2015-08-18 14:07:18

frank2

What about this:

The shrink effect is used to pass through small gaps.

Wooted by:

#12 2015-08-18 14:22:02

iPwner
Website

No Jump wrote:

http://imgur.com/NMZ7Kt4.png

Even with this no jump effect the pyramid part of my level would still be broken.

It was a feature that was on EE for 2 years and was used in many puzzle levels... this was a gameplay feature and you changed it, yet you guys swore not to change any implemented gameplay features. Not only has it broken my level, but many other puzzle levels such as theditor's one, and other worlds that got creative with world portals. There was no valid reason for the change. Change back please, or at least add the option to change world portals back to space via some secret command you slip into the next update.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (2)

#13 2015-08-18 21:18:59

skullz17

frank2 wrote:

What about this:

Sure, because gaps smaller than 16x16 exist.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#14 2015-08-18 21:47:18

Weirdoverse
Website

Recolors are better than mine, +woot

A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favourite quote or your star sign. It's up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can see the features that are allowed/enabled listed below whenever you edit your signature.

#15 2015-08-18 22:01:55

hummerz5

I like all of these ideas, but the shrinking idea is unfinished
The physics in EE aren't prepared for anything smaller than 16x16 px. If that change was made, you still don't have anything to do with this small size. Besides hiding, there are no blocks that fit in the 4x4 sizing...

#16 2015-08-18 22:11:13

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

hummerz5 wrote:

The physics in EE aren't prepared for anything smaller than 16x16 px. If that change was made, you still don't have anything to do with this small size. Besides hiding, there are no blocks that fit in the 4x4 sizing...

This is actually possible, just make a re-texture with the smileys as 4x4, because according to the OP, it dosen't change speed of jump

Krosis.gif

#17 2015-08-18 22:22:18

Schlog

Arkonagames wrote:
hummerz5 wrote:

This is actually possible, just make a re-texture with the smileys as 4x4, because according to the OP, it dosen't change speed of jump

This is true. Your player's speed and jump height are unaltered. It's just your size that goes down.

skullz17 wrote:
frank2 wrote:

What about this:

Sure, because gaps smaller than 16x16 exist.

Simple. Just add half slabs, and gratz you need to be small to enter a gap.

#18 2015-08-18 22:24:46

Abelysk

The only suggestion I dislike is the shrink. The others are really good, actually (psst, I hear double jumping is coming in the update).

And also:

MLGNinja wrote:

-Having Slowness and Speed at the same time would cause you move normally.

MLGNinja wrote:

-Having Jump Boost and Jump Reduction at the same time would cause you to jump normally.

I disagree. I think that if you had spped boost or jump boost, they will get replaced by the jump reduction and speed reduction, vice versa.

I

#19 2015-08-18 22:26:29

Schlog

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

The only suggestion I dislike is the shrink. The others are really good, actually (psst, I hear double jumping is coming in the update).

And also:

MLGNinja wrote:

-Having Slowness and Speed at the same time would cause you move normally.

MLGNinja wrote:

-Having Jump Boost and Jump Reduction at the same time would cause you to jump normally.

I disagree. I think that if you had spped boost or jump boost, they will get replaced by the jump reduction and speed reduction, vice versa.

I

Changing.

#20 2015-08-19 01:11:56

hummerz5

You folks misinterpret (I think).
You can shrink images, sure. Any time, go ahead. Doesn't bother me a bit. If you see that as a purely aesthetic effect, then I see nothing wrong with that.
But most games where you can change sizes, usually there's a purpose for it. E.g., fitting in smaller areas, or bridging larger ones. What you're suggesting here doesn't run with that. I raise the issue of physics because this would be an entirely new can of worms. Come to think of it, I imagine the change wouldn't be too terrible. It would require a different kind of patch, but I imagine it's not too much of a stretch.
Basically, every player everywhere has always been 16x16 and every block everywhere 16x16. That might cause issues somewhere. BUT, since I'm not the developer, whether it's difficult or not really isn't an issue for me to throw in your face! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#21 2015-08-19 01:38:51

Schlog

hummerz5 wrote:

You folks misinterpret (I think).
You can shrink images, sure. Any time, go ahead. Doesn't bother me a bit. If you see that as a purely aesthetic effect, then I see nothing wrong with that.
But most games where you can change sizes, usually there's a purpose for it. E.g., fitting in smaller areas, or bridging larger ones. What you're suggesting here doesn't run with that. I raise the issue of physics because this would be an entirely new can of worms. Come to think of it, I imagine the change wouldn't be too terrible. It would require a different kind of patch, but I imagine it's not too much of a stretch.
Basically, every player everywhere has always been 16x16 and every block everywhere 16x16. That might cause issues somewhere. BUT, since I'm not the developer, whether it's difficult or not really isn't an issue for me to throw in your face! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Look back. I decided to put in slabs, where small players can pass through, and where big players cannot.

#22 2015-08-19 01:42:41

hummerz5

Oh. This is getting interesting.
The big question is: Why be a quarter of the size when you could be FOUR TIMES BIGGER? XD
(But in reality, that's what we're looking at. Vantage points and all. Why not a 4x4 block? Why limit it to rectangles? SQUARES ARE THE RAGE)

#23 2015-08-19 01:48:54

Schlog

hummerz5 wrote:

Oh. This is getting interesting.
The big question is: Why be a quarter of the size when you could be FOUR TIMES BIGGER? XD
(But in reality, that's what we're looking at. Vantage points and all. Why not a 4x4 block? Why limit it to rectangles? SQUARES ARE THE RAGE)

Can't tell if sarcasm or trolling.

#24 2015-08-19 01:54:33

hummerz5

I'm in a perpetual state of sarcasm. I mean, seriously, who cares about the specifics of EE? What is created is by the volition of the EE staff.

But in this particular instance, I'm at a peak level of seriousness. The squares would allow for diagonal slopes... more precise designs... if you leave it to rotating blocks, you're not getting the full effect of your idea. But, it IS your idea.

more of me complaining. don't read

#25 2015-08-19 02:18:05

Schlog

hummerz5 wrote:

I'm in a perpetual state of sarcasm. I mean, seriously, who cares about the specifics of EE? What is created is by the volition of the EE staff.

But in this particular instance, I'm at a peak level of seriousness. The squares would allow for diagonal slopes... more precise designs... if you leave it to rotating blocks, you're not getting the full effect of your idea. But, it IS your idea.

more of me complaining. don't read

You do make points here... But I don't know about the zooming in, the minimap problems, or any of that junk because I don't think it needs to be changed.
Making EVERYONE small wouldn't quadruple the world size. It'd just make everyone small. You maintain your speed and jump height, but your size goes down.
It's just an effect that makes you smaller and allows you to fit through certain gaps. That's pretty much it.

Schlog1439947991531927

Board footer