Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2015-07-30 14:51:11

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Re: Everybody Edits 2.0 Sneak Preview

Why I need to get Beta when there is no Beta giveaway (to maybe winners?)?

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#77 2015-07-30 14:56:42

Aoitenshi

alkazam1448 wrote:

Well, say hello to Criticizer.

Criticizer wrote:

If you expect people to return to this game just because of this one update, you are mistaken. The people who left this game did it because they were done with it, and they found better things to do. Do not be so optimistic.

This plan won't be good because:
1. This would mean free gems. And you know what happens when you give away free gems. You'll finally regret this idea when your income gets real low.

2. It is just a flash game. Flash doesn't have a good ambiance. *Looks at Processor* Nope, not for HTML5 as well.

3. You are forgetting the fact that this is a kids game. Kids don't play so long to get rewards. Kids aren't good at parkour. Kids just build whatever they like. They don't play minis. They won't be interested in a campaign.

1. They do not need income, all the money they got goes into the server retention, not their pocket.

2-3. No comment.

#78 2015-07-30 16:06:37

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

Aoitenshi wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:

Criticizer wrote:

If you expect people to return to this game just because of this one update, you are mistaken. The people who left this game did it because they were done with it, and they found better things to do. Do not be so optimistic.

1. This would mean free gems. And you know what happens when you give away free gems. You'll finally regret this idea when your income gets real low.

2. It is just a flash game. Flash doesn't have a good ambiance. *Looks at Processor* Nope, not for HTML5 as well.

3. You are forgetting the fact that this is a kids game. Kids don't play so long to get rewards. Kids aren't good at parkour. Kids just build whatever they like. They don't play minis. They won't be interested in a campaign.

1. They do not need income, all the money they got goes into the server retention, not their pocket.

2-3. No comment.

Criticizer wrote:

I protest. They do need money for the server.

I do not have any problem with you ignoring my second point, but you cannot avoid the third as it is important.

EE is a kids game and you cannot deny it.

#79 2015-07-30 16:11:13

Creature

What about a "Save progress" button in campaign?

This is a false statement.

#80 2015-07-30 16:19:37, last edited by 0176 (2015-07-30 16:19:55)

Criticizer.exe wrote:

I'm sure most of the devs here have either full-time jobs or don't really need that much money. The hosting probably isn't paid by selling gems alone either because I doubt that many people buy gems anyway. Also, most gem sales are probably equal to ~1 hour of work IRL.
(talking out of my booty here, by the way)

#81 2015-07-30 16:34:27

Raven
Formerly Diana2003

I cant wait it because of Gems duh

#82 2015-07-30 16:53:00

Kirby

alkazam1448 wrote:
Aoitenshi wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:

Criticizer wrote:

2-3. No comment.

Criticizer wrote:

I do not have any problem with you ignoring my second point, but you cannot avoid the third as it is important.

You're so negative, man

1: The amount of gems being released is very small, and you can't get them multiple times.

3: I don't see how this being a kids game ruins anything. This update is leaning more towards the community, not the people who log on once a week to make boss 2 cod. Plus, half of the community aren't kids, either.

You can't really say anything bad about this until you see how it turns out, as you don't know the entire update yet. There are more features coming along with this one, and one of those will probably lean towards the "kids that just want to make whatever they want"

Wooted by: (4)

#83 2015-07-30 17:56:00

Abelysk

Cola1 wrote:

I'm disappointed. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

What reasons?

#84 2015-07-30 18:13:49

PATRIK

I like it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink  //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

QvDTHaA.png
pkpSoTa.png
gF3kMbs.png
l1skAPB.png
                                                ^ Made by Bobithan thx. ^

#85 2015-07-30 18:20:35

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Duh, you are being rude because you are not respondig to me.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#86 2015-07-30 20:12:55

Prodigy

wait so if we do this campaign thing and finish a level the next one unlocks...and also is there like magic coin increase in the update...
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

h0qIF0q.png

#87 2015-07-31 00:36:18

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Well, How would one send a world so it can be authorized for the campaign is there any rules on how to do it or is that option not open yet because I really want this world in it ID: PWDUJzArsobEI (it is called ZEPHYRcrew ADVENTURE!) at the moment... But someone please tell me What and How do we submit?(for the Admins and Mods and Guardians)

#88 2015-07-31 00:43:12

Krosis
Formerly Arkonagames
Website

Kaleb123 wrote:

Well, How would one send a world so it can be authorized for the campaign is there any rules on how to do it or is that option not open yet because I really want this world in it ID: PWDUJzArsobEI (it is called ZEPHYRcrew ADVENTURE!) at the moment... But someone please tell me What and How do we submit?(for the Admins and Mods and Guardians)

The admins will choose the levels, not you or the users ( well the users might vote to a world for it be on campaing

Krosis.gif

#89 2015-07-31 07:03:26

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

Kirby wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:
Aoitenshi wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:

Criticizer wrote:

2-3. No comment.

Criticizer wrote:

You're so negative, man

1: The amount of gems being released is very small, and you can't get them multiple times.

3: I don't see how this being a kids game ruins anything. This update is leaning more towards the community, not the people who log on once a week to make boss 2 cod. Plus, half of the community aren't kids, either.

You can't really say anything bad about this until you see how it turns out, as you don't know the entire update yet. There are more features coming along with this one, and one of those will probably lean towards the "kids that just want to make whatever they want"

Criticizer wrote:

I already replied to the first point you made, and I'm not repeating it.

Well, whatever you say, half the community is still kids and only the other half is not kids. So what would be good if only half the community likes the update? And in the community of "not kids", at least one fourth of that is still reduced because not all "non-kids" want to waste time on minis.

And if you think something could be done about the kids, what do you mean?
You can't just give them something for the art they make, like IRL.

#90 2015-07-31 11:34:18

Aoitenshi

How do you know most of EE players are kids?

#91 2015-07-31 13:23:38

Nou

Benje00 wrote:

I'm glad there is an update focused on players rather than minimakers and artists.  I'm excited to crush every campaign. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Nou wrote:

4: Recognizing differences
EE has a very, very broad audience, ranging from young children to adults, from casual players who play a few hours a week to no-life hardcore players. Within that group, each player can define themselves as either a builder, a player, an artist, a musician, etc.,  or a combination of these. We want to make that the needs of each type of player can be satisfied. This means that some updates will focus on all of them and some on just single ones. For example, for builders changes in UI can help, artists need new shades or tools, players need a new way of playing, musicians need more instruments and octaves. We recognize these differences and want to make sure everyone gets something.

From http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewtopic.php?id=28424

That was one of the goals, this the new way of playing we've been working on for a long time //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

No u.

#92 2015-07-31 14:37:11

Raven
Formerly Diana2003

When EE will be updated?

#93 2015-07-31 15:03:29

skullz17

Diana2003 wrote:

When EE will be updated?

http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 14#p525414

We're aiming for first week of August, but no promises. I'd rather have it be good and a bit later than rushed.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#94 2015-07-31 15:04:36

eeisold

alkazam1448 wrote:

You can't just give them something for the art they make, like IRL

Eyy I'm butting in. Note the misquoted quote.

"1. They do not need income, all the money they got goes into the server retention, not their pocket."
Good point. I have no figures on EE income, but how exactly is that looking? Income > Server? Server > Income?
Either way, money that they don't have to put into EE is still technically into their pockets if they would otherwise have to spend it.
Naturally, it's marked money. But folks get tired of funding things so much. (Ads on this forum, e.g.). My point being, I figure they could use the money.

2. What do you mean, alakazam? I'd like to see this ported to HTML5 asap before flash becomes history. Funny thing is, the more updates made to flash, the more HTML5 has to catch up. Are you saying you want this to be some bulky downloaded .exe on computers? For what options are reasonable in this game, I don't see this being something people download to try out.

3. Alakazam, you consistently support your argument that "EE is a kids game". Aoitenshi targets that directly, (like... two posts up) but I consider the root argument. Who says kids don't like minigames? bosses? parkour? Let's handle that before asking about EE's demographics. Your best solution to #3 is a nice big poll.

Wooted by: (2)

#95 2015-07-31 15:06:16

Era

The gems are a good oportunity for new players to atleast get some of the classics, i doubt it'd be as much as afordind big spender or diamonds, those would be for ppl that want to support the game aswell.

#96 2015-07-31 21:47:13

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

I cannot wait till the update everybody. UPDATE HYPEEEEEEEE!

#97 2015-07-31 21:53:05

Fastmapler

Quick question, will gems/max energy/items achived through the campaign will port to the current EE when the Beta Only version of 2.0 comes out?

"Description: Description: is definitely orginal!" ~ Fastmapler The https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/3/30/049_grinch

#98 2015-07-31 22:02:31, last edited by Yandax (2015-07-31 22:02:53)

Yandax

I'm gonna love failing the campaigns 'cause I'm bad at minis... It's a great idea and I like it!

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#99 2015-07-31 22:14:53, last edited by AmdS (2015-07-31 22:15:23)

AmdS
Website

This music is so exciting //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
I'm really looking forward to this great uptade, but I did not understand what is this campaign. I do not speak English, so I did not understand anything of what Nou said. The information shown in the video, I liked the lyrics that speak how many worlds are closed and campaigns. Not like the graphics, they have a vision means pie. And what are these things on the bar where is the Goto Lobby? They were very weird.

Sorry, this is my opinion //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink
And Nou, your voice is so s3xy :3

#100 2015-07-31 22:39:37, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2015-07-31 22:39:52)

Xfrogman43

Fastmapler wrote:

Quick question, will gems/max energy/items achived through the campaign will port to the current EE when the Beta Only version of 2.0 comes out?

If you have beta, you can use the campaign and get the items.
They will be carried over when it goes out to the public. (hopefully)

Gabriel wrote:

vision means pie.

What in the world does this mean?

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Purge22021439939295531840

Board footer