Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-27 15:15:41

Lictor666

EE Quest

Hey !
The idea come from :
- this topic
- or this one
- and this one too

Imagine if you can unlock blocks, energy, smiley, just by finishing these quest, that can be amazing !
In the shop there can be the same system to acquire, but in place of buying, the item is locked and a sentence tell you how to unlock it ("Finish the pinball quest").

This requiert two things :
- levels which are choose can't be modified. Maybe if there're chosen, the hoster of the level is contact by the EEstaff to ask him if they can lock the level. With of course the possibility to remove it from the quest if necessary. But there're somes questions : if the owner will have edit in it ? Just impossible for him to place blocks ? Maybe create a copy of the level ?
- an achievement list. Imagine another button in the lobby, near the "News" one, to views which level need to be completed to finish the quest.

That'll encourage players to play levels to unlock special item.
That'll also encourage players to create their own quest to submit it, with their own level or not.

Yay !

#2 2015-06-27 16:51:56

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Re: EE Quest

NO.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#3 2015-06-27 16:57:50

Lictor666

Why ?

#4 2015-06-27 17:00:53

Kirby

AntonioS300 wrote:

NO.

ok, lictor, this idea is genius

antonio: give me one reason this is a bad idea. Just one.

Wooted by:

#5 2015-06-27 17:24:02

BEE

Makes me think of the "level" system where you could only use certain smilies at certain levels.

While this would be nice for the players of EE, it wouldn't be fun for the builders or the community members.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#6 2015-06-27 17:57:10

Kirby

I personally think this should be an OPTION, so saying, "buy with 240134 energy OR complete the hook jump quest OR buy with gems"

just to give the nubs a chance //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#7 2015-06-27 18:12:03

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Kirby wrote:
AntonioS300 wrote:

NO.

ok, lictor, this idea is genius

antonio: give me one reason this is a bad idea. Just one.

It's because the staffs would take awful to complete EE Quest.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#8 2015-06-27 18:28:26

Lictor666

But there'll be differents EEQuests, with differents themes and difficulties.
Tha can in more be another ay to solve the "Omg it's so long to obtain all items when you are a beginner in EE". If after an easy quest you offer the an item, problem solved -of course energy still here for majors items-.

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2015-06-27 21:02:48

BEE

Ah, like an alternative to energy?

I like that.

Also, copying levels over so no one can edit them is possible, as it was done with the New Years contest in 2010/11

#10 2015-06-27 21:18:31

Moukdaboss
Banned

Best idea ever please add it

idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot idot

#11 2015-06-27 22:11:00

Lictor666

But copy the level have negatives points :
It'll exist in double with the players + copy world,
If I see one of my level with 40 players onine, 30 000 plays, but host by a random mod I'll rage, trust me,
If the level is copy and deleted from the player profile, the level will of course don't appear on the profile...

The idea is need some reflexion !

Wooted by:

#12 2015-06-28 00:21:06

BEE

Hm, you make excellent points, but in order for it to be official, it needs to be not able to be edited. Locking the world by admins is a nice solution, as you proposed, but how difficult would that be to do?

#13 2015-06-28 00:33:57

Lictor666

The magic of coding !

Imagine if you do this idea and allow all players to create their own quest with their own level. That can icrease the creativity !
But what will be the reward ?
Why not do a score system ?
Imagine when you finish a quest, you get a certain amount of points, which changed depending of the difficulty.
Now imagine this score is your maximum energy !

Imagine again if a new player start, he have no smiley, no brick.
He plays the tutorial, at the end of the first one, he got 6 smiley, then the second one, he obtains all basics blocks. After he'll have a choice of quest to do to obtain items.
Of course, hardest quest just unlock a smiley, or a decoration, bu no necessary blocks for art.

#14 2015-06-28 00:50:28

Pingohits
Banned

this is a really nice idea, but it only has two futures

1. one of the best updates in ee history; more people play ee because of quests, now there are hundreds of smileys and blocks to collect

2. the ee community is steered into quests so much it became an rpg
all there is to do in ee is to complete quests
in order to keep the game alive, mods must add quests every week, even pushing the limits to world-locking 200 lava minigames as a quest
ee becomes something like runescape, where more powerful items must be added to keep the community thriving

791mAP8.png

#15 2015-06-28 01:22:32

Lictor666

Pingohits wrote:

2. the ee community is steered into quests so much it became an rpg

Yeah, it needs to don't become just a RPG.
This is just in the idea to make another feature, with for example another tab in the lobby (with removing others one that nobody use).
Yes there's a risk... But is that really bad ? Encourage players to create news level and play good one isn't a bad thing for me.

Pingohits wrote:

in order to keep the game alive, mods must add quests every week

God, if at each update there's a new quest that can be very fun. As the system of the featured level that somes mods tried in the past to do :3
This is totally a good point for me !

Pingohits wrote:

even pushing the limits to world-locking 200 lava minigames as a quest

I think with the staff changes, we'll not have a push foward of bads levels like this one.
In more there can be a vote system for quest. Even without, we'll never see noob level in quest with good players at the command.

#16 2015-06-28 02:12:06

Kira

Lol lictor "requiert"

Anyways, +1 for this idea //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#17 2015-06-28 12:19:35

Era

Please no...

#18 2015-06-28 12:26:05

rgl32

Era wrote:

Please no...

but why? there has to be a reason as to why. There are so few suggestions where you can just say that and people know why. This has good potential for letting play others levels people spent time on that deserved to be noticed and getting a little prize if they play through them.

Wooted by:

#19 2015-06-28 13:04:27

Era

In my opinion it could lead to spliting the community , since the levels are selected subjectively and cannot be selected objectively.
it would be harder or easier for any player on any level making it harder or easier for some ppl to unlock certain bricks , which could lead to alot of players quiting out of frustration.

#20 2015-06-28 13:13:09

Lictor666

Personnally if this is made, the items you can unlock are not really necessary, as smiley, décoration, or more max energy.
Maybe a brick, but more like the magics one actually, where just few people have.

And for me again (egoist boy), it's better to let the staff / community choose. If a top woot system is made to select new quest, or something like that, we'll have terrible levels.
The goal is just to create something new and give more interest to the level creation and the level play.

#21 2015-06-28 13:18:37

Abelysk

Era wrote:

it would be harder or easier for any player on any level making it harder or easier for some ppl to unlock certain bricks , which could lead to alot of players quiting out of frustration.

I think you're simply overreacting. EE isn't about collecting every brick and smiley in EE. It's about playing USER-MADE levels and using that idea and making levels yourself. Only the foolish would quit EE over such a thing.

Pingohits wrote:

. the ee community is steered into quests so much it became an rpg
in order to keep the game alive, mods must add quests every week, even pushing the limits to world-locking 200 lava minigames as a quest
ee becomes something like runescape, where more powerful items must be added to keep the community thriving

At first I thought this was a good thing to argue about but if you think about it, EE was ALWAYS about playing levels, and using the levels you played as inspiration for making your own levels. Or of course you can think up of a level idea on your own without inspiration.

An RPG (Role-playing game), but definition, is a game where you (the player), take on a role. Playing levels to unlock several blocks/smilies is a way to show people you are "pro", and that isn't really RPG-like. Not everyone could be able to unlock those items, but if you do, you can show it off to others. Sort of like a badge. No, wait, scratch that, EXACTLY like a badge. I mean, I guess it has its RPG-elements to it, but in no way will this harm EE's base state.

Abelysk1435493917516868

Board footer