Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-06-24 02:42:09

Pingohits
Banned

Re: The impact of EE on us, a community.

unlike you guys i got quieter when i started playing EE

791mAP8.png

#27 2015-06-24 03:07:17

RavaTroll

I was a murderer when I first joined EE and it really helped me going through life and prison.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#28 2015-06-24 04:40:28, last edited by SirJosh3917 (2015-06-24 04:40:42)

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

Does this mean that I have a problem if I'm completely normal?

(this is a joke, woot if you like it.)

Wooted by:

#29 2015-06-24 04:41:52

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Personally, EE provided an escape from real life.  More or less, the internet entirely was an escape.  EE was where "JaWapa" began, and where I built a whole new personality.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (2)

#30 2015-06-24 07:50:30

Minimania
Moderation Team

I one-hundred percent agree with OP. I feel like if it weren't for your prayers, my friend Zue may not have survived. Now, take it any way you want, but you people give me hope and faith in the human race. If it weren't for you guys, I would be holed up in my room doing nothing. I would not come to realize who my friends were and I would probably have killed myself. Thank you so much.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#31 2015-06-24 13:26:31

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

logothetis wrote:

EE released in 2010,no in 2009.

Gawd do we need a downvote option or what!?

Back on topic

I disagree with this OP poster. EE was never something for me to "escape" from my "disabilities" or "disorders". It was just a fun game which I liked because I was pretty young. Ofc, I did leave after 1 year or so, because I found better things, but then, I remembered this game, so I thought I'd give it a shot again. And then, I found C# and programming, so I don't think I'd be leaving so soon.
I don't play this game because it helps me "escape from reality" crap.

Prune somewhat wrote:

You're just a f*ing smiley. It's pointless playing this game.

IRL, you're just a "f***ing" bunch of carbon molecular chunks made out of carbon and hydrogen and nitrogen atoms. What's the point in those tiny little things!?

#32 2015-06-24 14:41:16

Brain

I used to be a big fan of Shrek, i even offer myself to him. Friends irl, and even my parents consider as a freak. I was depressed, but things start to change after i played EE. All of you,  the community! support Shrek, we all think Shrek is life! I no longer feel alone, i love you guys!:D

Thanks EE!

I am Briann! I am from Sydney!
GonEgXx.gifcoins.gif
Bruce by Stubby

#33 2015-06-25 13:37:13

Zumza

Lets extend the philosophy: EE forum is a strong influence zone but does it really influence us in good?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#34 2015-06-25 16:18:09

Bobithan

Pingohits wrote:

unlike you guys i got quieter when i started playing EE

As did I. EE was basically my gateway drug into an internet addiction. Poor little 5th grader Bobithan didn't know any better and now all he does is click around online. How do I real life???

aka towwl

Wooted by: (3)

#35 2015-06-25 20:36:24

BEE

Zumza wrote:

Lets extend the philosophy: EE forum is a strong influence zone but does it really influence us in good?

In many ways yes, and in other ways no.

I would perhaps compare it to a malnourished child finding a steady source of food. In the beginning this child not only found comfort, but sustenance in the food, but he grew to rely on it for life and comfort, and was unable to look for other ways to find his own food. Finally, he grew overweight from the over-reliance on it.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by:

#36 2015-06-25 20:54:38

Zumza

BEE wrote:
Zumza wrote:

In many ways yes, and in other ways no.

I would perhaps compare it to a malnourished child finding a steady source of food. In the beginning this child not only found comfort, but sustenance in the food, but he grew to rely on it for life and comfort, and was unable to look for other ways to find his own food. Finally, he grew overweight from the over-reliance on it.

Is clearly that this food help him for the moment. So what he does next?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#37 2015-06-26 14:17:39

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

Please... Why do you think so low of yourself? EE is nothing at all. Just a flash game, it can't do anything to your life, not physically, at least, unless it got you glasses or obese, and that's not done yet, or it is rare.

What I'm trying to say is that EE just affects you mentally. It can't kill you or change you entirely, and if it did, you have some serious problem.

If you want something that CAN change you, here's some:

• Death of someone close

• Change of school

• New friends

• Crushes

This may not be complete, but those are the main ones. You can't be affected by some shiny stuff caused by electricity or pixels moving around on a surface.

#38 2015-06-26 14:54:12

Insanity

yo thuggishprune, didn't know you still played. Dope post btw,

lets play tf2 sometime

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

Wooted by:

#39 2015-06-26 15:34:10

Nou

alkazam1448 wrote:

Please... Why do you think so low of yourself? EE is nothing at all. Just a flash game, it can't do anything to your life, not physically, at least, unless it got you glasses or obese, and that's not done yet, or it is rare.

What I'm trying to say is that EE just affects you mentally. It can't kill you or change you entirely, and if it did, you have some serious problem.

• Death of someone close

• Change of school

• New friends

• Crushes

This may not be complete, but those are the main ones. You can't be affected by some shiny stuff caused by electricity or pixels moving around on a surface.

Way to miss the point of the entire thread completely

No u.

#40 2015-06-26 15:46:58

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

alkazam1448 wrote:

• Death of someone close

• Change of school

• New friends

• Crushes

Yeah, EE is just a flash game.  If you break it down, it's just a bunch of smiley faces jumping around.  It's not so much the game that changed us, as it was the community.  I'm not going to lie, this game has changed me a lot... and I mean a lot.  It wasn't the smiley faces I could buy that changed me, it was the people on the game, it was the concept of the game.

Discord: jawp#5123

#41 2015-06-26 18:10:17

Bimps

yeah i think that ee is really stupid, but hey 10 year old me thought it was radical! i dont even play it anymore, if you dont count spending energy and getting friends to go to #fail for some reason. but i met people here that havent impacted my life, but they still are pretty nice. but like without ee fail wouldnt exist so thank mr benjamisinman. **** ee though i hope it dies

#42 2015-06-26 19:29:47

BEE

JaWapa wrote:
alkazam1448 wrote:

Please... Why do you think so low of yourself? EE is nothing at all. Just a flash game, it can't do anything to your life, not physically, at least, unless it got you glasses or obese, and that's not done yet, or it is rare.  ..... This may not be complete, but those are the main ones. You can't be affected by some shiny stuff caused by electricity or pixels moving around on a surface.

Yeah, EE is just a flash game.  If you break it down, it's just a bunch of smiley faces jumping around.  It's not so much the game that changed us, as it was the community.  I'm not going to lie, this game has changed me a lot... and I mean a lot.  It wasn't the smiley faces I could buy that changed me, it was the people on the game, it was the concept of the game.

I dunno, man. That Tourist smiley changed MY life.

Wooted by: (3)

#43 2015-06-26 20:51:41

Insanity

honestly the only way EE changed my life was helping me get boned freshman year of highschool cuz I wouldnt stop playing the damn game when I was addicted to it like 4 years ago

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#44 2015-06-26 21:51:01, last edited by Mylo (2015-06-26 21:55:39)

Mylo
Master Developer

Let's recap the survey I started before:

30% told they didn't have any emotional issues yet
50% already experienced depressions
25% wanted to end their life
16% thought they were worthless
18% said they had school problems
40% had other issues [which were not named here]
... in the time they played Everybody Edits.

43% said Everybody Edits helped them.
0% mentioned it had a negative impact on them.
For 25% it's the reason they are still into EE.
12% started playing because of their issues.

What people said:
"EE didn't impact [anything in this user's life]"
"I met a lot of people with issues in EE. They're all colorful people and I like talking with them and helping in any way I can."
"[...] EE is an escape, like many others [...]"
"EE touched me"

Note: This post is not reflecting the whole community. Only a small part of it, the people which took the survey.

#45 2015-06-27 01:23:58

BEE

Thanks for sharing Mylo, I was curious about the results myself so I'm glad you did that.

#46 2015-06-27 02:29:44, last edited by Calicara (2015-06-27 02:30:41)

Calicara

The thing is, not matter how insignificant EE may be in a larger scope, for some it has made a permanent imprint on the short time we call our lives. I think it's important that while for some it may be nothing more than a flash game, we don't shun those who feel as if it has provided them with something more. We all have to start somewhere, and there is no shame if a simple game like EE is the stepping stone to solving social anxiety IRL or online.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#47 2015-06-27 03:47:02

BEE

Calicara wrote:

there is no shame if a simple game like EE is the stepping stone to solving social anxiety IRL or online.

I agree, and you are very right. The difficulty lies in when it becomes a replacement for normal social interaction rather than a stepping stone or a supplement. As a friend once said about something similar, it's "better than drugs, worse than therapy." *shrugs*

Wooted by:

#48 2015-06-27 07:20:06

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

You are mentally insane if you think you are escaping from your life using a stupid FLASH GAME.

You need to see a therapist.

#49 2015-06-27 07:25:55

Different55
Forum Admin

Isn't the term accurate tho? Distracting yourself at all from the real world can be seen as an "escape", can't it? We're not running away from life permanently, we're just taking a break and enjoying the time we spend here making friends. What's wrong with that?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (6)

#50 2015-06-27 14:15:25

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

I thought I was the only one who felt this way <3

I've met many people on this game who helped me through hard times. We may not talk much anymore, but I'll always love and remember them.

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

Wooted by: (4)
Insanity1435495816516876

Board footer