Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#126 2015-06-15 21:09:00

Ben

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

@Creature He's not my alt, as much as I agree with him. I don't mind being rude, so I don't need to hide behind alt accounts.. Didn't you read my previous posts?

#127 2015-06-15 21:10:05

Creature

Tomkazaz wrote:

@Creature He's not my alt, as much as I agree with him. I don't mind being rude, so I don't need to hide behind alt accounts.. Didn't you read my previous posts?

So you're acting like he was your alt?

This is a false statement.

#128 2015-06-15 21:11:30

TheSource85

Tomkazaz wrote:

@TheSource85 You need to back off.. You LITERALLY just joined and you already argue with every possible user. You're ruining your reputation.

Well, since nobody knows me, there's not much reputation to ruin https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Any kind of management not willing to listen is no management at all..

#129 2015-06-15 21:11:56

Ben

Creature wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:

I meant I wouldn't be surprised if people thought he was my alt.. He's not, and I actually find it funny because if I were you I would also think he's my alt.

#130 2015-06-15 21:13:58

Ben

TheSource85 wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:

@TheSource85 You need to back off.. You LITERALLY just joined and you already argue with every possible user. You're ruining your reputation.

Well, since nobody knows me, there's not much reputation to ruin https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

It started off neutral.. It's pretty negative now in my opinion.

Wooted by:

#131 2015-06-15 21:18:03

Creature

Tomkazaz wrote:
Creature wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:

I meant I wouldn't be surprised if people thought he was my alt.. He's not, and I actually find it funny because if I were you I would also think he's my alt.

How would I think someone is my alt? I never made that account.

Back on-topic,

TheSource85 wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:

We already know you. You made me believe you're 30 years old, you're currently doing alright, just don't mess up now. Just a warning.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by: (2)

#132 2015-06-15 21:26:03, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2015-06-16 17:51:30)

Xfrogman43

You guys wanted the staff of the game to show you what their jobs were. NOU gave you that. This topic ha been 5 pages of arguments about stuff nobody can change except the admins/mods. They help NVD with the game. Just deal with it and move on.

Everybody can share their opinion and make this thread more of an argument than it already is. NVD gave you guys what you wanted and it became an argument. Why can't you just stop arguing and accept the fact that all of the admins/mods are useful and deserve their position.

Every game needs staff, so you can't just get rid of anybody.
Some people do less than others, but that does not mean they are useless.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by: (3)

#133 2015-06-15 21:29:46

Nou

Xfrogman43 wrote:

You guys wanted the staff of the game to show you what their jobs were. NVD gave you that. This topic ha been 5 pages of arguments about stuff nobody can change except the admins/mods. They help NVD with the game. Just deal with it and move on.

Everybody can share their opinion and make this thread more of an argument than it already is. NVD gave you guys what you wanted and it became an argument. Why can't you just stop arguing and accept the fact that all of the admins/mods are useful and deserve their position.

Every game needs staff, so you can't just get rid of anybody.
Some people do less than others, but that does not mean they are useless.

(Except that I wrote the entire thing)

No u.

#134 2015-06-15 21:35:07

nlmdejonge

This forum says "Master Developer" under Mylo's nick; see Mylo's post above.
Maybe this should be changed? Currently, people may think he is an EE developer, but Nou did not mention Mylo in his first post.

In my opinion a lot of complaints posted in this thread and subsequent discussions should not be taking place publicly. The people in charge should say "If you have complaints, please contact me/us via private message." It's nice to keep the players informed about developments (like who's in charge), but you need to remember that you're dealing with (mostly) kids. Children are still learning how the world works, they may unjustly feel entitled, some even still need to learn to communicate, to use nuances and refrain from personal attacks. Right after Tomkazaz's first post, for example, just ask him to contact you via private message or e-mail. Just literally write that you do read the posts here but choose to not engage in any discussions about complaints. Also remember that some people will never be happy and will complain no matter what you do. Things like "For god's sake, they don't do any good to this game apart from **** everyone off.." are just opinions anyway. I don't see any arguments there. If someone contacts you with that, explain again what moderators do and ask for details about "**** everyone off". If you keep discussing everything publicly, there's even the risk of it only going from bad to worse. Of course it's your call.

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#135 2015-06-15 21:37:19

Ben

nlmdejonge wrote:

This forum says "Master Developer" under Mylo's nick; see Mylo's post above.
Maybe this should be changed? Currently, people may think he is an EE developer, but Nou did not mention Mylo in his first post.

In my opinion a lot of complaints posted in this thread and subsequent discussions should not be taking place publicly. The people in charge should say "If you have complaints, please contact me/us via private message." It's nice to keep the players informed about developments (like who's in charge), but you need to remember that you're dealing with (mostly) kids. Children are still learning how the world works, they may unjustly feel entitled, some even still need to learn to communicate, to use nuances and refrain from personal attacks. Right after Tomkazaz's first post, for example, just ask him to contact you via private message or e-mail. Just literally write that you do read the posts here but choose to not engage in any discussions about complaints. Also remember that some people will never be happy and will complain no matter what you do. Things like "For god's sake, they don't do any good to this game apart from **** everyone off.." are just opinions anyway. I don't see any arguments there. If someone contacts you with that, explain again what moderators do and ask for details about "**** everyone off". If you keep discussing everything publicly, there's even the risk of it only going from bad to worse. Of course it's your call.

Next time, mention me when you quote my posts //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#136 2015-06-15 21:41:30, last edited by Mylo (2015-06-15 21:58:03)

Mylo
Master Developer

Nlmdejonge: "This forum says "Master Developer" under Mylo's nick; see Mylo's post above. Maybe this should be changed? Currently, people may think he is an EE developer, but Nou did not mention Mylo in his first post. [...]"

You're the first one I've ever heard of, to be confused by this,
I worked pretty hard for it though. It was the first price for the battle of the bots.

Nlmdejonge: "[..] just ask him to contact you via private message or e-mail. [...]"

This is not always the right way, - only sometimes -
but transparency is important when it comes to issues.

Wooted by:

Ben

#137 2015-06-15 22:24:04, last edited by nlmdejonge (2015-06-15 22:35:54)

nlmdejonge

Mylo wrote:

You're the first one I've ever heard of, to be confused by this,

Well, I wrote, "people may think". Just, in general, it may be confusing.
Not all forum users may read this thread or know who does what.
They see "Member" for most users and "Master Developer" for you.
Maybe there's another forum rank that would more accurately reflect your achievement/role, that you would be happy to use.
"Master Bot Developer", for example. Just thinking out loud.

[Edit: Anyway, I don't really mind either way. It's not a big deal to me. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Just keep it as it is. It's not a problem and also never was.]

I have permanently left the game and forum.
EE is an entertaining game and I enjoyed playing it...
...but it's time for me to move on.

#138 2015-06-15 23:06:28, last edited by Pingohits (2015-06-15 23:06:52)

Pingohits
Banned

dang

a week into modding and thesource is already getting raped by haters

what a disappointment, ee community

791mAP8.png

#139 2015-06-15 23:13:08

SPT

i dont think it was a week
it was probably 3 days

#140 2015-06-15 23:15:11

Pingohits
Banned

Duck wrote:

i dont think it was a week
it was probably 3 days

then that's not rape

that's gangbang

791mAP8.png

#141 2015-06-15 23:23:42, last edited by Different55 (2015-06-15 23:24:26)

Different55
Forum Admin

Could we hold off with the raping and the gangbanging? This is a forum for a kid's game and wow do I feel like I've been doing nothing but nagging today. And all in this topic, too. Is it me? Am I being naggy or is this topic really that crazy?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#142 2015-06-15 23:31:25

Nou

You see that line down there? That's the line where all the hate is gonna stop. Pls. My poor thread. I think everyone's point got across, let's focus on some positive things, some proper questions. As interesting as it was, it's gone on long enough

^that's the line in question

No u.

#143 2015-06-16 00:06:07, last edited by eeisold (2015-06-16 00:06:36)

eeisold

For dramatic effect, let's discus the positive effects of the holocaust.
Obviously this thread doesn't match the magnitude of that situation.
But it does illustrate a point.

Either way, yes. While there were many bad aspects to outline in these decisions, only having the same people repeatedly discussing them isn't the same as having new people fuel the discussion.

Wooted by:

Ben

#144 2015-06-16 00:14:28

some woman

eeisold wrote:

For dramatic effect, let's discus the positive effects of the holocaust.
Obviously this thread doesn't match the magnitude of that situation.
But it does illustrate a point.

Either way, yes. While there were many bad aspects to outline in these decisions, only having the same people repeatedly discussing them isn't the same as having new people fuel the discussion.

a new admin joining we've never heard of =/= the holocaust

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#145 2015-06-16 00:36:18

eeisold

"Obviously this thread doesn't match the magnitude of that situation."
Sadly, I did not predict your entire response. I'm afraid I wasn't expecting you to think I was centering on the poor fellow. Rather, I hoped you would consider the entire thread.
But wait, I did say that
Because I can only reiterate,
"this thread doesn't match [the holocaust]"

#146 2015-06-16 01:18:20

Abelysk

Tbh I don't see what there is to hate. I can't believe how short-tempered some people are.

#147 2015-06-16 07:01:32

John

I think we need another line just to be sure Nou.

And I think everyone should stop bugging poor TheSource85 alone. NVD made him an admin for a reason.

PW?scale=2

#148 2015-06-16 09:00:49, last edited by Fe (2015-06-16 09:02:35)

Fe

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

Tbh I don't see what there is to hate. I can't believe how short-tempered some people are.

Before I start, I'll just say I'm quite neutral on the situation.

It isn't difficult to get worked up over simple things. There might be a few who believe that there is nepotism in effect which is the reason why THEY'RE not getting picked. Some dislike modifications in the staff list. Some still remain cynical from the guardian implementation to this day and simply like biting at the heels of anyone affiliating with any of the guardians, and of course there's quite a few who seem to just like to vilify other players and/or posters at their leisure.

You're not really going to satisfy everyone with changes, but you can try and attempt to do so.

Have a nice day.

Fe.gif

My electronegativity is 1.83. Please send help.

#149 2015-06-16 18:08:02, last edited by Master1 (2015-06-16 18:08:29)

Master1

Emalton wrote:

I think we need another line just to be sure Nou.

I got you dude.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by:

#150 2015-06-16 18:10:10

Ben

I'm glad you all calmed down //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Zumza1491558092653550

Board footer