Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#101 2015-06-15 16:22:49

Creature

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

JaWapa wrote:
Kiran wrote:

1 qualified and active person only is needed to check the reports.

It's necessary.  There are days where we get close to 100 reports.

But the moderators could be a bit more active.

JaWapa wrote:
Kiran wrote:

I don't think there should be any moderators to be honest, being part of staff isn't special anymore like the old times.

What do you mean "special"?

Most of the users wanted to be a moderator just to be respected.

This is a false statement.

#102 2015-06-15 16:26:55

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Creature wrote:

What do you mean?  We are very active.  The only way we could possibly be more active is if hired people to work on a set schedule.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (2)

#103 2015-06-15 16:29:37

Master1

Creature wrote:

Dude, I'm online on the computer about 10 hours a day. How could I get more active than that? I do have to sleep, eat, and have a real life as well.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#104 2015-06-15 16:32:33

Creature

JaWapa wrote:
Creature wrote:

What do you mean?  We are very active.  The only way we could possibly be more active is if hired people to work on a set schedule.

I won't discuss about this, but I think if at least 2-3 moderators are very active, then what's the need on the other moderators?

Wooted by:

Ben

#105 2015-06-15 16:40:46

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Creature wrote:

I won't discuss about this, but I think if at least 2-3 moderators are very active, then what's the need on the other moderators?

You brought it up... why do you not want to discuss it?  And because we live all over the world.  So we have at least one person online at all times.

Wooted by:

#106 2015-06-15 16:46:11

Creature

JaWapa wrote:
Creature wrote:

You brought it up... why do you not want to discuss it?  And because we live all over the world.  So we have at least one person online at all times.

I already know your answer. I think you will be offended if I started suggesting methods to need even less moderators, so I will simply keep it as how it is.

Wooted by:

Ben

#107 2015-06-15 17:05:32

Different55
Forum Admin

no mr you can't just say something like that. If there's a way to get more work done with less manpower, then come out with it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#108 2015-06-15 17:14:23

Kira

Creature wrote:
JaWapa wrote:
Creature wrote:

I already know your answer. I think you will be offended if I started suggesting methods to need even less moderators, so I will simply keep it as how it is.

The forums was better when you weren't here honestly.

I don't see the difference between mods and admins, considering they have almost the same powers and influence, explanation?

#109 2015-06-15 17:19:31

Different55
Forum Admin

Holy crap this entire topic is like a learn-by-example guide on how to be rude. Can't we just be civil towards each other?

- ShinsukeIto

#110 2015-06-15 18:27:00

eeisold

You bet I'm an alt.
I'm at a loss for what strikes me as off about this system. Some folks can pick the parts they take issue with. For me, I'm stuck at square one.

Maybe it's because the staff doesn't seem to take things seriously. (But why would I get that impression?!) It's that something is off from past administration. Is it because the admins used to be distant? Is that what made them seem productive? Or is it because this new admin/mod team is too nonchalant about things?

I mean, there's the folks who are in and out of mod status with so little as a forum post (not from them) to explain. Then there's the guardians glamorizing the whole idea by going out of their way to broadcast the status. (forum signatures and whatnot).

Or perhaps it's because I don't actually take part in much EE activity. I feel like there's a great deal of "wow we're mods look at us we do ****" [talk] and not a whole lot of action. (No action also stemming from the 3+ developers and minute updates)

I guess I can't explain what's off about this. Perhaps someone else can.

(Also, yes, I'm talking about you, TheSource85. A prime example of being a friend of the owner (or whatever status idc) arbitrarily grants you a position that is claimed to be productive. I note the argument of "oh, give us less mods see us do less work". Again, you assume that you're all equally productive and helpful. (ha)... but at what, again. Or at all?)

Wooted by: (5)

#111 2015-06-15 18:39:31

Creature

eeisold wrote:

You bet I'm an alt.
I'm at a loss for what strikes me as off about this system. Some folks can pick the parts they take issue with. For me, I'm stuck at square one.

Maybe it's because the staff doesn't seem to take things seriously. (But why would I get that impression?!) It's that something is off from past administration. Is it because the admins used to be distant? Is that what made them seem productive? Or is it because this new admin/mod team is too nonchalant about things?

I mean, there's the folks who are in and out of mod status with so little as a forum post (not from them) to explain. Then there's the guardians glamorizing the whole idea by going out of their way to broadcast the status. (forum signatures and whatnot).

Or perhaps it's because I don't actually take part in much EE activity. I feel like there's a great deal of "wow we're mods look at us we do ****" [talk] and not a whole lot of action. (No action also stemming from the 3+ developers and minute updates)

I guess I can't explain what's off about this. Perhaps someone else can.

(Also, yes, I'm talking about you, TheSource85. A prime example of being a friend of the owner (or whatever status idc) arbitrarily grants you a position that is claimed to be productive. I note the argument of "oh, give us less mods see us do less work". Again, you assume that you're all equally productive and helpful. (ha)... but at what, again. Or at all?)

Wow, you're very brave, I appreciate you.

Sometimes I feel like staffs are acting like if Staffs > Community, I won't discuss it furthermore, I already did a mistake doing it. I don't think the moderators are glamorizing too much, even though some of them are young. Also, I don't see any trouble on TheSource85, he looks alright, nice to have a matured man on the moderation besides teens.

I noticed only Toop is doing the graphics, I wonder when he will use graphics made by someone.

Whatever, I'm now out of this discussion.

#112 2015-06-15 18:47:22

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

What's wrong with having a forum signature that says they are an admin/mod.  It lets people on the forums see their roles, and tells them who to go to if they have an issue.  Of course we broadcast our positions and jobs, but we don't glamorize anything.

You say that we don't have a lot of action taking place?  Would you prefer we go on a year long vacation like the previous staff?  Yeah, we don't release updates on a weekly or even a bi-weekly basis.  But we all seen what kind of poor advancements that creates.  I personally thing that the work we have done has been of great quality.  And it seems other people think so too, since there were 350 people online at the time I wrote this.  That's nearly 200 more than the average before we took over.

We are definitely more active in the community.  We talk to people, we share out opinions, and we give our two cents in discussions.  I really don't see how that makes us seem less productive.  If anything, I think it gives us a better insight into what the community wants/needs.

We have a plan for EE that we do take seriously.  Behind the scenes, we're serious about getting work done, and getting done in decent time.  However, not all of us appear as professional game developers in the public.  Personally, I like debating with the public, goofing off, and having fun; as long as it doesn't cross a line.

Wooted by:

#113 2015-06-15 19:10:41

Anch

Creature wrote:

Whatever, I'm now out of this discussion.

I'm just saying, but you say that as if you added useful to the discussion.
(No offense)

#114 2015-06-15 19:59:04, last edited by TheSource85 (2015-06-15 20:00:22)

TheSource85

eeisold wrote:

You bet I'm an alt.

eeisold wrote:

Also, yes, I'm talking about you, TheSource85

Haha, so an alt, who dares to insult everyone (oh right, especially me atm.. well, whatever floats your boat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile ) but is too scared to admit to who he/she really is? (Let's start the pools everyone.. "Who is eeisold?")

Talking about me, like you're challenging me or whatever? Go right ahead buddy.. If my judgement over a reported person is wrong, I will be accountable for my own actions.. So far I've kicked and even banned a few people, but also left some alone, even though 3 people were bugging me to kick; Those kick requests were unwarrented so I don't do it.. In all honesty, people like you are the ones we have to look out for.

If people with such tempers think they're so much better then other people (Yes, I mean Myself buddy) then they should never EVER be in a position of power.
I never said I was any better of a person, only my judgment is trusted as being honest and unbias. Do I crave power? No I don't.. Do I want to flaunt my guardianship modator status in other people's faces? No, but as a moderator (or admin) is somewhat of a public position, it's better if people know about it..

So I would like to see if you have the *ahum* b@llz to come out and tell me who you are ("you bet I'm an alt...".. *chuckles*)

Any kind of management not willing to listen is no management at all..

#115 2015-06-15 20:19:24

eeisold

If we must derail the thread to discuss my main account, then that's your prerogative.
Keep in mind there's a difference between having a well-established presence in a community (and subsequently modifying it in the extreme) as opposed to being known by no one and showing up.
I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to use you as an example. What criteria is used to find an admin? Surely there is some criteria. Likely this would be based off of past experiences and the expectation for this person to act similarly in the future. (@jawapa: aka, people who aren't professional game devs likely won't be able to keep up an act as such)
You're the perfect counterexample because you came from out of nowhere and purposely share this detail with everyone. (Of course, the only time this is actually a bad action is if the position you've been accepted into expects policies from you)

@Jawapa: Again, this previous post was more of an open speculation than anything. You now know what issues come to mind. I don't know if you addressed the issues, but at least you recognize them as such.

#116 2015-06-15 20:31:54

TheSource85

eeisold wrote:

If we must derail the thread to discuss my main account, then that's your prerogative.
Keep in mind there's a difference between having a well-established presence in a community (and subsequently modifying it in the extreme) as opposed to being known by no one and showing up.
I'm not trying to insult you, I'm trying to use you as an example. What criteria is used to find an admin? Surely there is some criteria. Likely this would be based off of past experiences and the expectation for this person to act similarly in the future. (@jawapa: aka, people who aren't professional game devs likely won't be able to keep up an act as such)
You're the perfect counterexample because you came from out of nowhere and purposely share this detail with everyone. (Of course, the only time this is actually a bad action is if the position you've been accepted into expects policies from you)

@Jawapa: Again, this previous post was more of an open speculation than anything. You now know what issues come to mind. I don't know if you addressed the issues, but at least you recognize them as such.

You know.. If company's have policy issues, they hire someone from outside of the company to look at theirs and change it..
So I'm not payed, but I can look unbias to everything happening.. Which I will do to the best of my ability.
And if I fail, I fail.. but not because I'm a nub in the game (which I'm not), but because I couldn't do it..
Only thing I'd like from everyone is just a bit of basic respect, that's all..

#117 2015-06-15 20:32:12, last edited by Mylo (2015-06-15 20:39:47)

Mylo
Master Developer

Honestly, this bugs me.

TheSource85: "[...] people like you are the ones we have to look out for. [...]"

People who say what they think. People who have an opinion. People who just don't like how things are handled.
Source, I can only say you what I think. 'til now i had no negative nor positive feelings about you.
But throwing things on a personal level is always bad (on subjects like these). I learned it the hard way and you should maybe too.

You wrote your post in a way which is everything, but no proof you were able to manage a chat service where people have been able to disagree with each other.
My opinion.

Wooted by: (6)

#118 2015-06-15 20:53:02

Ben

@TheSource85 You need to back off.. You LITERALLY just joined and you already argue with every possible user. You're ruining your reputation.

@eeisold You managed to say everything I agree with, but with less rude! I suspected you might be my alt

@Different55 I think you're right, this topic is getting very nasty, but at least people speak up! Yay democracy!

@JaWapa You're just annoying.. You have nothing to be proud of, stop using "we" when you address any improvement in the game. If you weren't here, someone else would, I'm pretty sure they would have achieved the same goals without you.

Wooted by:

#119 2015-06-15 20:58:06

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Tomkazaz wrote:

@JaWapa You're just annoying.. You have nothing to be proud of, stop using "we" when you address any improvement in the game. If you weren't here, someone else would, I'm pretty sure they would have achieved the same goals without you.

I would like to point to this post: http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 59#p509259

Wooted by:

#120 2015-06-15 20:59:25

TheSource85

Mylo wrote:

Honestly, this bugs me.

TheSource85: "[...] people like you are the ones we have to look out for. [...]"

People who say what they think. People who have an opinion. People who just don't like how things are handled.
Source, I can only say you what I think. 'til now i had no negative nor positive feelings about you.
But throwing things on a personal level is always bad (on subjects like these). I learned it the hard way and you should maybe too.

You wrote your post in a way which is everything, but no proof you were able to manage a chat service where people have been able to disagree with each other.
My opinion.

I'm sorry you feel that way.. But everyone's got the right to their own opinion, as long as they are respectful to eachother, and I feel that you do.

I seriously agree to concerns about me, because nobody really knows me, I really do. So I will try to proove that in-game, in which a lot of peole already have seen me in action (to their releive actually)..

Throwing it on a personal level... Yes, I can see how you can see that.. But have you read the respectless attitude of the person who I was responding to? An insult to me is already personal, why would I not react personally to that (don't I have personal rights?)? And even if I wouldn't .. There are rules of respect which were clearly broken many times over..

Wooted by:

#121 2015-06-15 20:59:50

shadowda

only a tad strange. the guys running ee are the same age as me.

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

#122 2015-06-15 21:00:13

Creature

Tomkazaz wrote:

@TheSource85 You need to back off.. You LITERALLY just joined and you already argue with every possible user. You're ruining your reputation.

He isn't even arguing.

Tomkazaz wrote:

@eeisold You managed to say everything I agree with, but with less rude! I suspected you might be my alt

You wasn't less rude. You don't suspect, it is your alt.

Tomkazaz wrote:

@Different55 I think you're right, this topic is getting very nasty, but at least people speak up! Yay democracy!

It was supposed to be a discussion.

Tomkazaz wrote:

Oh, I do it sometimes. It could have been anyone who uses this forums, JaWapa was the chosen one. I don't know what to say here.

If I see less bullies around, I will know the moderation is doing something.

Wooted by:

#123 2015-06-15 21:01:58, last edited by Different55 (2015-06-15 21:06:05)

Different55
Forum Admin

Tomkazaz wrote:

I'm all for speaking up and providing feedback about the staff but this topic turned bad fast. Speak all you want, but be civil. We should never forget that there are living, breathing people on the other side of the screen. As long as we're all here in the same place we might as well be civil to each other, otherwise the whole forum will become a horrible, hostile place to be.

I'm going to stop now before I get too preachy but my main point is holy crap is it so hard to be decent to each other?

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (4)

#124 2015-06-15 21:04:26

Ben

JaWapa wrote:
Tomkazaz wrote:

I would like to point to this post: http://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewto … 59#p509259

This crap has nothing to do with what I said

#125 2015-06-15 21:07:56, last edited by Mylo (2015-06-15 21:12:50)

Mylo
Master Developer

TheSource85: "[...] Throwing it on a personal level... Yes, I can see how you can see that.. But have you read the respectless attitude of the person who I was responding to? An insult to me is already personal, why would I not react personally to that (don't I have personal rights?)? And even if I wouldn't .. There are rules of respect which were clearly broken many times over.."

Yes I did, I even wooted it, because I partially agree with it.
How did he broke this etiquette?
He just asked questions and analyzed how he sees the community, the staff which leads Everybody Edits.

You don't want to react to it on a personal level because ...
* ... this is, what makes you vulnerable.
* ... it's unprofessional.
* ... that's what takes a discussion to a fight.

Tomkazaz: "@JaWapa You're just annoying.. You have nothing to be proud of, stop using "we" when you address any improvement in the game. If you weren't here, someone else would, I'm pretty sure they would have achieved the same goals without you."

We represents unity. It's the staff, which was able to make these achievements. Not only one person.
EDIT: Added Tomkazaz

Zumza1491558092653550

Board footer