Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-13 22:06:50, last edited by Nou (2017-03-13 19:37:32)

Nou

The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

After my departure, it's up to the new team to define their own method.

No u.

#2 2015-06-13 22:20:08, last edited by Insanity (2015-12-15 17:30:45)

Insanity

Re: The EE staff, their roles, their vision.

das it mane

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#3 2015-06-13 22:20:44

Security-Drone

... Are people still drivleing about the "can I bii a mod?" question?" Anyway I can't remember the old EE that well anyway. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554

BillSprite2.5.pngricarcao4.pngBillSprite2.5.png

RICARCAO1

#4 2015-06-13 22:38:21

Anch

Nou wrote:

no-life hardcore players.

Thats me.

#5 2015-06-13 22:43:10

funpersono0

Wait, is everyone on the EE staff a guy? Or is there at least one girl?

hi peoples! (I'm a girl.)

Wooted by: (2)

#6 2015-06-13 22:44:51

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

funpersono0 wrote:

all of them are boys, why does it matter?

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by: (5)

#7 2015-06-13 22:44:58

Anak

funpersono0 wrote:

Zoey2020's a girl but she's only forum staff.
I never noticed that before. Huh.

#8 2015-06-13 22:45:27

Anch

Tomkazaz wrote:

Would you get rid of those useless moderators already? For god's sake, they don't do any good to this game apart from **** everyone off..

Also, it sounds like you're whining about doing this job in your free time.. Stop mentioning this in every other post, if you don't wanna do this job don't do it, you chose it in the first place.

Best regards.

How does it sound like he's whining? Nou is probably one of the more serious developers of the game, and in this case he listened to the community and responded to them. It seems like he likes his job and takes it seriously, which is the reason why he made this topic.
If you haven't noticed, all of the update topics were created by Nou, and they're really long and in-depth which shows the effort he puts in them.

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2015-06-13 23:24:02

Evilbunny

Good, calling you guys "Guardians" felt very silly.
I noticed that you didn't mention anything about secret Moderators, and I was wondering if there are any.
Also, who handles the legal things like copyright? Does NVD hire somebody?

Evilbunny (in cursive)

Wooted by:

#10 2015-06-13 23:44:24

Srna

Nou wrote:

Function: Function:  XJEEX, like CJMAEDER, his primary role as a developer is mostly behind the scenes; his focus is on in-game UI development and he also works on the client and server.

U can delete one Function:
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#11 2015-06-14 00:58:19

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Well, i'll start making a client with a better UI, then i'll make a development server where i can work with all the EE system, and finally, give this work to the EE staff.
That's my way to ask "How to become a mod?"

NOTE: It's just my way to ask what i said above.

#12 2015-06-14 02:27:22

Yandax

Something told me that Toop wouldn't give his age.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#13 2015-06-14 03:28:41

BEE

Anak wrote:
funpersono0 wrote:

Zoey2020's a girl but she's only forum staff.
I never noticed that before. Huh.

It's not unusual to have an entire staff of males because it is a male dominated world online.

Since EE is gender neutral, I don't see it being an issue, and believe me, I would say something if it did become one //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#14 2015-06-14 04:22:49

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

We're not complaining about working on the game in our free time.  Just trying to make it clear to those who complain about updates not coming every three days, or one of us not making an appearance for a few days, etc.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#15 2015-06-14 05:08:31

Era

Please fix the yellow , cant read it withotu higlighting it

#16 2015-06-14 09:30:53

Kira

Am I the only who thinks that 1/2 of the staff is useless?

#17 2015-06-14 11:54:37

starblinky

You guys are seriously doing a great job //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
So what happened to Chris Benjaminsen? And are you guys making any money off the game?

The change in potions was brilliant by the way, it makes the world of difference when having fun is the focus of development rather than making money. I can already tell EE is in very good hands.

I really only have 1 thing to ask of you guys.. There are so many amazing levels made by the users on EE but it's almost impossible to find any of them. The featured levels tab has been a joke since it was created, it was a good idea but wasn't fleshed out enough.
We need to be able to heart (bookmark) levels to play later. And also be able to sort through all the levels in your database by different preferences like woots, plays and most hearted. I feel like you could just get rid of woots all together and just change it to hearts (bookmarks). Then have everyone's bookmarks public so you can view other peoples favorite levels, just make sure you can't favorite your own levels to stop people from trying to milk extra level plays and polluting the hearted library.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool  Dooo it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by: (6)

#18 2015-06-14 12:10:35

tak4n

starblinky wrote:

You guys are seriously doing a great job //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
So what happened to Chris Benjaminsen? And are you guys making any money off the game?

The change in potions was brilliant by the way, it makes the world of difference when having fun is the focus of development rather than making money. I can already tell EE is in very good hands.

I really only have 1 thing to ask of you guys.. There are so many amazing levels made by the users on EE but it's almost impossible to find any of them. The featured levels tab has been a joke since it was created, it was a good idea but wasn't fleshed out enough.
We need to be able to heart (bookmark) levels to play later. And also be able to sort through all the levels in your database by different preferences like woots, plays and most hearted. I feel like you could just get rid of woots all together and just change it to hearts (bookmarks). Then have everyone's bookmarks public so you can view other peoples favorite levels, just make sure you can't favorite your own levels to stop people from trying to milk extra level plays and polluting the hearted library.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool  Dooo it! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

I don't know who the f you are, but I like what you have to say.

Woot system can be worked on to make it better, also I find it a great idea to be able to see which levels you have wooted to be able to play them again. EE shouldn't be a world popularity contest, worlds should be sorted by unique woots rather than total woots. Idk about seeing other levels other people have wooted, but I guess that could work in some way.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

Wooted by:

#19 2015-06-14 12:24:07

Now this is some A-level transparency. It was a great idea to create this thread, it clears a lot of things up //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#20 2015-06-14 12:26:41

Nou

Tomkazaz wrote:

Would you get rid of those useless moderators already? For god's sake, they don't do any good to this game apart from **** everyone off..

Also, it sounds like you're whining about doing this job in your free time.. Stop mentioning this in every other post, if you don't wanna do this job don't do it, you chose it in the first place.

Best regards.

What we expect from you

• Feedback
We expect you to be critical towards what we do, but remain respectful.  We want you to say if you disagree with things; being critical is a good thing. However, the EE community is one that takes the game to heart and often finds it easy to release a burst of anger because there was a change they didn't agree with. Disagreeing is fine, we're wrong sometimes, and we want to know this, but if you don't provide and constructive feedback and just insult us, it's not going to help.

Thanks for showing exactly what I mean. You're not being constructive in any way. If there's an issue, communicate this so stuff can be resolved. The staff isn't untouchable and you won't get banned for speaking out against us or anything (if it does happen throw a post on the forum exposing them).
Concerning the free time "whining": I love working on EE, I really do, but many people didn't  (or don't) realize that it actually is work rather than just flopping our epeen around and that it therefore takes time before stuff is done. While I'm sure you realize this, not everyone does.

Srna wrote:
Nou wrote:

Function: Function:  XJEEX, like CJMAEDER, his primary role as a developer is mostly behind the scenes; his focus is on in-game UI development and he also works on the client and server.

U can delete one Function:
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Herp, lack of proofreading //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Kiran wrote:

Am I the only who thinks that 1/2 of the staff is useless?

Nope you're not. But then again most people don't know what goes on behind the scenes.

starblinky wrote:

We have some major plans for this, stand by //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

No u.

#21 2015-06-14 12:45:37

Dbear

Jawapa's 16? Hm, suddenly the racism doesn't seem all that surprising. I'd think he'd grow out of it, but his ilk typically don't.

Please, call me Danni.
NNID: DanniDearest
MK8 or Splatoon, brah.
EOnu2OZ.png

Wooted by:

Ben

#22 2015-06-14 12:52:58

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

starblinky wrote:

Welcome back Starblinky,

Yahoo bought Player.io and therefore Benjaminsen went to work to yahoo, now he has made a videogames company as you can see in his blog

gLjTZE1.png

#23 2015-06-14 13:12:20

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Jawapa isn't an admin anymore?

Wooted by:

#24 2015-06-14 13:25:39

Onjit
Website

Do the guardians/admins get on at different timezones? What I'm saying is that (I think at least) there should probably be at least one guardian online 24hrs a day

:.|:;

#25 2015-06-14 13:36:28

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

He definitely was before. When Mrshoe gave the game over to NVD he originally made NVD, Jawapa and Toop the admins.

Wooted by:
Zumza1491558092653550

Board footer