Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-06-08 08:29:42

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: Helloo New guardian

Different55 wrote:

http://ee.yonom.org/thesource85

says it was created 3 years ago, but the account has only ever purchased 10 items, so it doesn't look like he's ever been very active.

semi neat thing: the last item he got was red ninja, and he got it a day after the account was last seen.

I doubt he got almost 2000 energy by collecting coins... just saying.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#27 2015-06-08 08:34:00, last edited by Xfrogman43 (2015-06-08 08:39:03)

Xfrogman43

Different55 wrote:

says it was created 3 years ago, but the account has only ever purchased 10 items, so it doesn't look like he's ever been very active.

semi neat thing: the last item he got was red ninja, and he got it a day after the account was last seen.

Also:
CrcPLKX.png
P8DCWIm.png

The other items are minutes after each other. 5-8 are all the exact same time.
Waited 4 years before buying anything.
This is completely unfair as nobody knows who this guy is except nvd. He hasn't been on at all if he bought a small world in 2011 then bought red aura 4 years later. It's not like you just waited 4 years to buy something.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Different55 wrote:

I doubt he got almost 2000 energy by collecting coins... just saying.

Coin collector would get you a lot of magic. People would use it and get a bunch of energy.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#28 2015-06-08 08:48:54, last edited by Norwee (2015-06-08 08:49:42)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Coin collector would get you a lot of magic. People would use it and get a bunch of energy.

I was trying to say that it seems more likely he was "gifted" those large quantities of gems and energy + guardian. Especially because he has left EE for four years and suddenly came back on the 7th of June.

#29 2015-06-08 09:00:52

goeyfun

Jabatheblob1 wrote:

He is 30. NVD is like 15. I don't think he is NVD's nephew. Anything is possible tho lol

Nvd isn't 15 lol

Ug3JzgO.png

#30 2015-06-08 12:12:10

TheSource85

Hello everyone, this morning I've read through all your reply's above.

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who welcomes me, as well as the people who don't and the people who make time to investigate me.
I feel that this community within the game is very tight and I'm not really a known person, so I see why your replies are diverse in nature.

That said, I don't think it needs to be a great problem, mistery or secret of who I am.

The reason I'm guardian is (I think) because nvd wishes me to contribute a bit more and he knows what I've done and what I'm capable of.

* I have owned multiple chatservers, consisting over 1000+ chatters
* As owner, I also made mistakes and had to learn that the community of my product was alive and very well important.
* Some hard learned lessons along the way tought me that being neutral and sticking to rules is most often the best and easiest way to go about stuff..

So Yes, it is true that I have not been active for a while and yes, nvd has shown me some cool stuff (including the red ninja) because that's the guy he is.
He's so proud of this community and the game of course and he just wanted to share that with me..
I can respect that, although I do think that appointing 'less known' people to staff could have a more structured process. That's one of the things I will try to improve.

I really do not want to create any envy or whatever so please, don't think of me as some wannabe who got pushed to the front. I really want to help and also have a good time.

As I'm not really known to you all, I will try to join your worlds, play your levels (I find a lot of them very cool) and just make conversation.
Any issues, just speak to me, perhaps I can help, perhaps not.. Trying doesn't hurt.

Also, I'm just a normal guy.. I love to have a good time, make jokes, be ridiculed about my n00bness, etc. etc.
I will be serious when it comes to policy and regulations, that's sort of what is expected of me, so just respect that and you will get nothing less from me //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

If anyone wishes to discuss anything with me, just go ahead //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Any kind of management not willing to listen is no management at all..

#31 2015-06-08 12:24:43

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

TheSource85 wrote:

Introduction

From your reply you seem like a cool guy Thesource.
About the negative comments: Most people here are most likely vary because of certain guardians that are useless or just simply bad at their job. Also some guardians has been promoted for reasons that are less than satisfactory for most of us. You seem like you know your stuff so i hope you actually do some good for EE. 
Hope i am not wrong about you and welcome to the EE community.

#32 2015-06-08 12:24:47

tak4n

You sir have a good way with words... you should become a politic.

signature3_zpsttrhtmyh.png

#33 2015-06-08 13:36:41, last edited by Zumza (2015-06-08 13:37:29)

Zumza

TheSource85 wrote:

The reason I'm guardian is (I think) because nvd wishes me to contribute a bit more and he knows what I've done and what I'm capable of.
* As owner, I also made mistakes and had to learn that the community of my product was alive and very well important.
* Some hard learned lessons along the way tought me that being neutral and sticking to rules is most often the best and easiest way to go about stuff..

You've owned what happen to them? Let them behind for others? Like how this game moderators had? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
I really don't understand why you left them, and what made you come to EE, which how do I know isn't paying his staff. As a guardian I suppose you have a lot of free time. :o I think its great in Netherland where IT professionals has so much time, maybe I come there, since most of the staff is in that time zone. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
I would like to meet all.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#34 2015-06-08 13:56:46, last edited by TheSource85 (2015-06-08 13:59:06)

TheSource85

Zumza wrote:
TheSource85 wrote:

You've owned what happen to them? Let them behind for others? Like how this game moderators had? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
I really don't understand why you left them, and what made you come to EE, which how do I know isn't paying his staff. As a guardian I suppose you have a lot of free time. :o I think its great in Netherland where IT professionals has so much time, maybe I come there, since most of the staff is in that time zone. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
I would like to meet all.

I did not leave them behind //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile
The chat communities kind of died out because a lot of chatserver staff were very nasty in stealing chat channels (and their loyal chatters) from other chatservers.
I refused to play that game. Either people would honestly come and just chat or not.
Thing is, I kind of grew out of it, making my career and mostly putting energy in my musical instruments (and also archery).

Do I have lots of free time? No not really, but I do have 2 or 3 nights a week in which I can have a good time and make myself usefull..

The Netherlands is (at some points) a great place to be, but we also have our rough times unfortunatly..

#35 2015-06-08 14:27:37, last edited by Zumza (2015-06-08 14:29:11)

Zumza

Well then I hope you find the best and happiness in this community; and an avatar which smileys.

Wooted by:

#36 2015-06-08 17:32:54

Xfrogman43

Do you have any knowledge of this game or are you learning by yourself?
At least now the guardians might behave better when there's somebody that handled a bunch of people at once.
I hope you have a good time with the game and the community.

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by: (2)

#37 2015-06-08 20:13:36

TheSource85

Xfrogman43 wrote:

Do you have any knowledge of this game or are you learning by yourself?
At least now the guardians might behave better when there's somebody that handled a bunch of people at once.
I hope you have a good time with the game and the community.

I actually played it a couple of years ago. But I haven't been around much..
I'm back though and yes I do have a lot to learn, but I also have a lot to contribute //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#38 2015-06-08 20:44:08

Anch

Welcome to Everybody Edits (and the forums)!
Good luck dealing with the community and their "add my smiley to the game"s.

Wooted by:

#39 2015-06-08 21:14:21

Era

The blog post has been posted by nvd , not by the guardian so the I speaking in that blog post would be nvd right?

#40 2015-06-08 21:26:05

Anch

Era wrote:

The blog post has been posted by nvd , not by the guardian so the I speaking in that blog post would be nvd right?

Not necessarily.

#41 2015-06-08 22:01:31

BEE

TheSource85 wrote:

Also, I'm just a normal guy.. I love to have a good time, make jokes, be ridiculed about my n00bness, etc. etc.

First rule of EE:

We say "nub"

Other than that, I say welcome and I hope to get to know you more.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by: (5)

#42 2015-06-08 22:41:19, last edited by Pyromaniac (2015-06-08 22:42:10)

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

I have never heard of this guy before. Seems kinda strange that he would be guardian..? Whatever,  you do you mods.

Wooted by: (2)

#43 2015-06-09 08:12:01

TheSource85

anch159 wrote:
Era wrote:

Not necessarily.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile He did not write it, that was me, from his computer //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#44 2015-06-09 10:23:34, last edited by Michele (2015-06-09 10:24:43)

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

What the heck, TheSource is an friend of NVD?

@TheSource85 I didn't see you in this game, why did you buy 1 item in 2011 and then come back in 2015?

I didn't see you because I was trying to go to world called Super Mario NES in EE, but I can't. I recalled that it happened to disconnect with no reason durning loading world. I had stable internet, and currectely still yes.

Also, I've made an world untitled. It's going to be called "Welcome TheSource85"

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#45 2015-06-09 13:36:09

TheSource85

AntonioS300 wrote:

What the heck, TheSource is an friend of NVD?

@TheSource85 I didn't see you in this game, why did you buy 1 item in 2011 and then come back in 2015?

I didn't see you because I was trying to go to world called Super Mario NES in EE, but I can't. I recalled that it happened to disconnect with no reason durning loading world. I had stable internet, and currectely still yes.

Also, I've made an world untitled. It's going to be called "Welcome TheSource85"

Seriously... Everyone... what importance is this whole 'when I bought anything' stuff..
First of all: That's my choice, you don't have any right to judge it because I don't have to justify it to you all..
Even if I play this game for the next 5 years and don't buy anything at all it doesn't matter.. As long as I'm happy with it, just leave me be //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

However, to answer your question of 'why?': It's none of anybody's business, but it's commen knowledge I've been inactive for a couple of years.
I think this has something to do with me having a life sometimes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

As for the friend part to nvd. You'll have to figure that out yourself //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue (if you look hard enough you'll find the answer)

#46 2015-06-09 14:05:58

oranj
EE Homegirl
Website

Welcome Source :>

f0872edc17bb4a21a24c813c41c4f8b8.png
An orange made of Oranjes

#47 2015-06-09 14:38:52

Zumza

TheSource85 wrote:

It's none of anybody's business, but it's commen knowledge I've been inactive for a couple of years.
I think this has something to do with me having a life sometimes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Are you insinuating that somebody doesn't have life?

#48 2015-06-09 15:07:43

TheSource85

Zumza wrote:
TheSource85 wrote:

It's none of anybody's business, but it's commen knowledge I've been inactive for a couple of years.

Are you insinuating that somebody doesn't have life?

It's possible //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink (and true in my case, as I've waisted a part of my teenage years playing WoW...)

#49 2015-06-09 17:44:20

RavaTroll

Finaly decided to give my 2 cents. There they are :

Honnestly I find it weird that you being a new guardian was a surprise to Jawapa and others mods.
It really feels like you came out of nowhere for no reason but being NVD's brother. Sounds like favoritism to me and I don't think it should have happened without at least having you hanging around, getting to know the community and showing that you care for it, which is something every guardian should do.

So, why do people care about you buying stuff in EE ? Well it's simple : If you played the game, you would have been buying lots of stuff, made levels or get friends in game. People question you about this because they realize you haven't played this game for years and obviously wonder why you are a guardian if you're not part of the community, if you're not an EE player.

I know you think that you being unknown is a positive thing because it'll help you being not biased. I understand that, but your own position and job is biased by your relationship with NVD anyway. I really hope you can be neutral in this.

Don't get me wrong, I like NVD, I just feel he makes many beginner mistakes when it comes to being a dev/mod. Perhaps you are one, perhaps not. Please prove me wrong !

Anyway, I'll try being positive about that and say GLHF, but honnestly that was a weird introduction to the community.

Oh, and as one of my fellow EX friend once said : when it comes to EE devs, I feel like a beaten husband/wife : I'm very supsicious and untrusty because of what happened with Chris and MrShoe.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#50 2015-06-09 17:48:23

AmdS
Website

Lol! I don't care about peoples talking about the new Guardian, but you looks good for Everybody Edits. So Welcome <3

TheSource851434305083512353

Board footer