Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-25 03:03:36, last edited by Abelysk (2015-05-27 17:11:49)

Abelysk

Ethereal Gate (Art map) - Abstract Art

XBbUN6F.png

- It took me about 5 months.

- No bots/programs used.

- No reference image used.

- No collaborators.

This is an abstract art map. It does not mean anything physically - it represents the adventures and curiosities people go through.

Enjoy!

[Thanks for everyone's appreciation and comments which made me finish this!]

#2 2015-05-25 03:18:52

Yandax

Re: Ethereal Gate (Art map) - Abstract Art

I love ittt

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#3 2015-05-25 03:23:03

Chiscorey

I really like the shading, the white with blue blends very well ! I already said this but it looks so aqualicious Grate work !!!!!!!!

htk516q.gif

#4 2015-05-25 09:54:02

Shadow

You finally finished this. Great work!

#5 2015-05-25 10:32:34, last edited by iPwner (2015-05-25 10:47:17)

iPwner
Website

Ok as this has zero gameplay, let me just judge the minimap.

Firstly, why did you make this on EE? This can be done in Photoshop or some other pixel art program and have the same or better result as there is zero gameplay here. It would also be in a more accessable form. o-o

Anyway, the "original" stuff on the left side of the level that was there when i first saw this level was lookin good and that smalls section of clouds in the "sky" doesnt look bad either, but from what i see it took a steep downward turn into an eternal abyss of abstract kindergarden art . o-o There are random curvy lines at the top right, awkward looking uncurvy shark-fins just jutting out of the floor, geometric objects floating around randomly. o-o  A random beam of white light protruding from the right side of the minimap? If you were tryin to be abstract thats all good but that stuff doesnt even look good... abstract art is supposed to be somewhat pleasing to the eye. My suggestion is you just delete the entire right chunk of the level  with all the random lines and shark fins, expand that gray sky and create some kind of landscape with a chick sitting on it looking into the distant space full of planets and stars. Currently it just looks like a art piece that started out good but slowly degraded in quality as you go to the right of the screen.  /honest advice

EDIT:  Did I mention it changes dimensions throughout the course of the art? ... its 3D at the left but then turns to this really unconvincing 2D-wannabe-3D that makes it look even more "maccaroni-art-abstract". o.o That basically means it's "peculiar" or "one of a kind" but not in a good way... Instead it just looks kind of like something you'd find in a special ed facility. I hope this makes sense.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

#6 2015-05-25 15:44:35

Abelysk

iPwner wrote:

Firstly, why did you make this on EE? This can be done in Photoshop or some other pixel art program and have the same or better result as there is zero gameplay here. It would also be in a more accessable form. o-o

Anyway, the "original" stuff on the left side of the level that was there when i first saw this level was lookin good and that smalls section of clouds in the "sky" doesnt look bad either, but from what i see it took a steep downward turn into an eternal abyss of abstract kindergarden art . o-o There are random curvy lines at the top right, awkward looking uncurvy shark-fins just jutting out of the floor, geometric objects floating around randomly. o-o  A random beam of white light protruding from the right side of the minimap? If you were tryin to be abstract thats all good but that stuff doesnt even look good... abstract art is supposed to be somewhat pleasing to the eye. My suggestion is you just delete the entire right chunk of the level  with all the random lines and shark fins, expand that gray sky and create some kind of landscape with a chick sitting on it looking into the distant space full of planets and stars. Currently it just looks like a art piece that started out good but slowly degraded in quality as you go to the right of the screen.  /honest advice

EDIT:  Did I mention it changes dimensions throughout the course of the art? ... its 3D at the left but then turns to this really unconvincing 2D-wannabe-3D that makes it look even more "maccaroni-art-abstract". o.o That basically means it's "peculiar" or "one of a kind" but not in a good way... Instead it just looks kind of like something you'd find in a special ed facility. I hope this makes sense.

An artist can make anything thy artist wishes to make :d

But, if that's your criticism, I'll accept it!

Thanks everybody for your comments.

#7 2015-05-25 20:57:56, last edited by Dazz (2015-05-25 21:01:32)

Dazz

If you ask me there was more effort to make this than this  sold for 46 million $ WHAT A WASTE! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral so if that blue-yellow abstract is considered ''dazzling'' and it can be sold for that price then WHATEVER Itsmeandersonlol and the rest of the users build here has more value and a lot more effort put into it.

#8 2015-05-25 21:08:38

Pingohits
Banned

Dazz wrote:

If you ask me there was more effort to make this than this  sold for 46 million $ WHAT A WASTE! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral so if that blue-yellow abstract is considered ''dazzling'' and it can be sold for that price then WHATEVER Itsmeandersonlol and the rest of the users build here has more value and a lot more effort put into it.

194569_5_.jpg
brings tears to my eyes

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (2)

#9 2015-05-25 21:26:09

Yandax

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
iPwner wrote:

I have to say, you're one of the first people on the forums to take stuff like that like a man. (or woman)

Woot if you hate me

Wooted by:

#10 2015-05-25 21:30:46, last edited by SPT (2015-05-25 21:31:45)

SPT

Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
iPwner wrote:

I have to say, you're one of the first people on the forums to take stuff like that like a man. (or woman)

virtual text cant hurt your feelings
except for your yellow text that hurts my eyes

#11 2015-05-25 23:57:44

Abelysk

This is how Everybody Edits critics work:

If the art attempts to be good: "Wow I really like it!" "So pretty!" "You da best!"

If the art attempts to be excellent: "The blue on the right should be a little darker." "A little more smoother." "Use Photoshop!" xD

#12 2015-05-26 00:45:56

iPwner
Website

@Itsmeandersonlol  word

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

Im A ®a®ity ®

#13 2015-05-26 12:12:19

skullz17

I feel like this should look amazing, but I really don't understand what I'm looking at, or how it can be aesthetically pleasing. It just looks like random weird shapes to me and I agree with what ipwner said about the right side.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2015-05-26 15:16:02

Abelysk

skullz17 wrote:

I feel like this should look amazing, but I really don't understand what I'm looking at, or how it can be aesthetically pleasing. It just looks like random weird shapes to me and I agree with what ipwner said about the right side.

What difference it makes to spend less than a day on something where you also spent a long time...
I admit, the right side was rushed. The result shows it's rushed. The left though was carefully drawn and edited to add a smooth texture to it. The center of the world was a bit clunky too, in my opinion. The white ray at the far right should also have been edited. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

I'll try to add detail in my future art pieces, rather than have them rushed.

#15 2015-05-26 22:23:20

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

On abstract art-bobiul.jpg

Anyway, it looks great!!!!

#16 2015-05-27 02:54:43

Anch

skullz17 wrote:

Sorry but I have to agree with this guy and iPwner. I can't really tell what I'm looking at //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

#17 2015-05-27 03:13:39

Yandax

Duck wrote:
Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
iPwner wrote:

How bout... Dis Or this? I still like this color. And yes, text can hurt.

Woot if you hate me

#18 2015-05-27 04:02:00

SPT

Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
Duck wrote:
Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
iPwner wrote:

text

im not even kidding your text color hurts my eyes so much i can't even bother try to read your posts

Wooted by: (3)

#19 2015-05-27 06:17:33, last edited by iPwner (2015-05-27 06:28:01)

iPwner
Website

Itsmeandersonlol wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

What difference it makes to spend less than a day on something where you also spent a long time...
I admit, the right side was rushed. The result shows it's rushed. The left though was carefully drawn and edited to add a smooth texture to it. The center of the world was a bit clunky too, in my opinion. The white ray at the far right should also have been edited. Thanks for everyone's feedback.

I'll try to add detail in my future art pieces, rather than have them rushed.

Why do you have to be told by someone else to acknowledge what i already said in my first post was true ❔ ✋

〰〰〰〰〰〰⛵〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰
〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Im A ®a®ity ®

#20 2015-05-27 15:59:33

Abelysk

anch159 wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

Sorry but I have to agree with this guy and iPwner. I can't really tell what I'm looking at //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

It's not supposed to be anything... You're only supposed to look at it.

#21 2015-05-27 16:46:20

Yandax

Duck wrote:
Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
Duck wrote:
Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
Itsmeandersonlol wrote:

im not even kidding your text color hurts my eyes so much i can't even bother try to read your posts

I have a reason for this.... If it hurts someones eyes so they don't read my post... There's less chance to for people to be outrageous about my posts

Woot if you hate me

#22 2015-05-27 17:12:35

skullz17

Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
Duck wrote:
Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
Duck wrote:
Sirzachthewarrior wrote:

I have a reason for this.... If it hurts someones eyes so they don't read my post... There's less chance to for people to be outrageous about my posts

Then there's less chance for people to have any value of your post at all, good or bad.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#23 2015-05-27 17:25:50

Anak

It looks very oceanic or fractal... Love it.

#24 2015-05-27 17:51:45

Yandax

skullz17 wrote:
Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
Duck wrote:
Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
Duck wrote:

Then there's less chance for people to have any value of your post at all, good or bad.

Okay... Plus I was being sarcastic. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Woot if you hate me

#25 2015-05-27 17:57:24, last edited by skullz17 (2015-05-27 17:57:31)

skullz17

Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
skullz17 wrote:
Sirzachthewarrior wrote:
Duck wrote:
Sirzachthewarrior wrote:

Okay... Plus I was being sarcastic. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

I was gonna say "that's not sarcasm", but now I see the irony. Because it probably makes people even more outrageous about your posts. ggwp

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:
skullz171432843318508032

Board footer