Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-15 23:06:56

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

EE2 System (Admins, Bans, AFK...)

This system was probably one of the most important features of EE2 since it was launched. It had so many features that all those have been added here instead of making different ideas about this.

With this system:

- You could add and remove admins for your worlds, to share your ownership with them, so they could manage it when you're offline, without needing a bot and guardians for this job. World admins could use owner-only stuff, too.

- You could ban people, instead of kicking people for 5 minutes: You could ban them permanently of the world, and every kick would not have a ban time.

- You could kick people but silenty, using the /mkick command, making them think they crashed so world owner or admins were not so mean at the time of kicking.

- You could tell people you were AFK using the /afk command.

- People with edit could teleport to people locations directly with the /goto command, without the world owner's help.

This system also featured the great /builldbg command where you could place bricks but they worked as backgrounds, and the /buildfg command where you could place backgrounds and they worked as normal bricks (pretty useless since you can place invisible blocks over backgrounds).

Idea here: https://trello.com/c/NsDTsg5g/62-ee2-sy โ€ฆ dmins-bans

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2015-05-15 23:09:00

Creature

Re: EE2 System (Admins, Bans, AFK...)

"This isn't EE2." Nuff said.

This is a false statement.

#3 2015-05-15 23:09:53

Pingohits
Banned

please-leave-topwn1.png

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (4)

#4 2015-05-15 23:17:43

Era

NO, wheres the fun in making bots? i like having a supercomplex rank system instead of the blatant admin=can do everting.

#5 2015-05-15 23:22:40

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

Pingohits wrote:

please-leave-topwn1.png

lol

drstereos wrote:

this is not EE2 and shall never become like it

Creature wrote:

"This isn't EE2." Nuff said.

Hehe, i know what's happening here. I've talked with NVD a few days ago, and he said he would "probably" add it. None knows.

#6 2015-05-15 23:23:42, last edited by SPT (2015-05-15 23:24:59)

SPT

hes not dumb he doesnt want to kill ee he wont add it

Wooted by: (3)

#7 2015-05-16 00:04:48

Anch

I disagree with everything besides the admin thing which has already been suggested.

#8 2015-05-16 00:57:12

rgl32

You probably shouldn't have put ee2 in the title, or the post, it brings tons of hate, now my concerns/ statements on what you want added.

HabboGame wrote:

You could add and remove admins for your worlds, to share your ownership with them, so they could manage it when you're offline, without needing a bot and guardians for this job. World admins could use owner-only stuff, too.

I like the world sharing, it has been suggested and I think some people could really use it to an advantage, and if people argue that you could use a bot, someone would have to run it, which means everyone would have to have access to the bot and complete access to it also, as well as connect through the world owner account to do any sort of work with owner only blocks or commands, it could be done, but with hassle.

HabboGame wrote:

You could ban people, instead of kicking people for 5 minutes: You could ban them permanently of the world, and every kick would not have a ban time.

I don't want random people in charge of banning, even if it is only for their world, I don't enjoy having to watch every move I make and even then someone blaming me of hacking or something and being unjustifiably banned in their world, completely disagree with this.

HabboGame wrote:

You could kick people but silenty, using the /mkick command, making them think they crashed so world owner or admins were not so mean at the time of kicking.

Please no, you should kick with reason, and justify that reason when you kick them, you shouldn't just kick for no reason, if you do, then obviously this doesn't matter to them. And think of the actual players, thinking they just got disconnected trying to re-enter than see you got kicked due to the 5 minute timer thing, that is a huge slap in the face and I wouldn't be happy if they did that.

HabboGame wrote:

You could tell people you were AFK using the /afk command.

I remember this being suggested, not a horrible idea, but how would someone signify that because just graying out their name might work, but that resembles guests and possibly non-chat (if the staff decides to mute someone), you could possibly do something like the team colors and make an 'afk box' near their name, but that might get confusing also.

HabboGame wrote:

People with edit could teleport to people locations directly with the /goto command, without the world owner's help

Why? With the spectate that we have now, people can easily find others without having to do this (with the exception of them turning it off, but that doesn't happen often), and even then it isn't that hard to find someone who is able to look on the minimap and they can tell you roughly where they are. I know it's for convenience, but it seems weird to add it if there are already ways to find someone.

#9 2015-05-16 02:57:52

mrjawapa
Corn Man ๐ŸŒฝ
Website

HabboGame wrote:

- You could ban people, instead of kicking people for 5 minutes: You could ban them permanently of the world, and every kick would not have a ban time.

This is a bad idea for several reasons.

HabboGame wrote:

- You could kick people but silenty, using the /mkick command, making them think they crashed so world owner or admins were not so mean at the time of kicking.

Why?  Isn't the point in kicking someone to tell them that they're actions are wrong?

HabboGame wrote:

- You could add and remove admins for your worlds, to share your ownership with them, so they could manage it when you're offline, without needing a bot and guardians for this job. World admins could use owner-only stuff, too.

We're not trying to kill bots.  One of the best thing about EE is that people can add features externally.  If gives the players a way to "develop" the game.

HabboGame wrote:

This system also featured the great /builldbg command where you could place bricks but they worked as backgrounds, and the /buildfg command where you could place backgrounds and they worked as normal bricks (pretty useless since you can place invisible blocks over backgrounds).

What?  Why?  They are blocks/backgrounds for a reason.

Discord: jawp#5123

#10 2015-05-16 04:17:38

Xfrogman43

Get_outta_town!.jpg

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

#11 2015-05-16 05:33:57

Formerly alkazam1448
Website

HabboGame wrote:

so many features

Please... STOP IT YOU **** IT IS NOT FOR FUN THAT WE MAKE BOTS FOR OTHER PEOPLE

#12 2015-05-16 12:13:15

skullz17

An permission sort of system is such a simple thing, I don't think it's gonna "kill bots".

Shared ownership would be great. This has nothing to do with bots. In fact, it's difficult to do exactly as it would be without a bot. The main advantage of shared ownership is that other people can edit your world when you are offline. When you are offline. Can a bot do that? No, a bot requires you to be online. So it's stupid to say that shared ownership can be replaced with bots.

The only it would work is if you had a bot which was always online. While you might say that anyone can make a bot (I disagree with this, but let's say it's true), not everyone can/desires to have a bot that is always online.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#13 2015-05-16 13:23:05

Era

a bot requires itslef to be online not you to be online.

#14 2015-05-16 13:40:06

rgl32

Era wrote:

That is true, but you need the world owners information to be able to place the owner only blocks and access commands, don't you? You could probably hide that information without people getting to it if you wish to share the bot with people working on the world but it just seems easier to do this through the actual game with an sharing option and not having to possibly risk losing your account information to just do a collaboration project this way.

Wooted by:

#15 2015-05-16 14:37:58

mrjawapa
Corn Man ๐ŸŒฝ
Website

rgl32 wrote:
Era wrote:

That is true, but you need the world owners information to be able to place the owner only blocks and access commands, don't you? You could probably hide that information without people getting to it if you wish to share the bot with people working on the world but it just seems easier to do this through the actual game with an sharing option and not having to possibly risk losing your account information to just do a collaboration project this way.

Actually, you could make the bot place owner-only blocks if someone places a certain block...

user places basic yellow -> bot replaces it with fire

Discord: jawp#5123

#16 2015-05-16 15:05:42

rgl32

JaWapa wrote:

Actually, you could make the bot place owner-only blocks if someone places a certain block...

user places basic yellow -> bot replaces it with fire

Yeah, but wouldn't the bot need to be able to place them in the first place? So you need the world owner account to place the fire over the basic yellow block. If that is not the case then it could work. but having an integrated system in the game would also prevent headaches if the group members don't want to download something, and it could be easier for everyone in general if they don't have to connect a bot everytime one person wants to work on it.

#17 2015-05-16 16:54:57, last edited by BEE (2015-05-16 16:55:42)

BEE

JaWapa wrote:

HabboGame wrote:

We're not trying to kill bots.ย  One of the best thing about EE is that people can add features externally.ย  If gives the players a way to "develop" the game.

Welp, might as well stop developing the game then!

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by:

#18 2015-05-16 17:06:16, last edited by ZeldaXD (2015-05-16 17:24:27)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

028f7d79b1.png

gLjTZE1.png

#19 2015-05-16 17:45:40

Jesse
Website

You can download bots, or even make them your self to get those features..

Thanks a lot, Sensei1, for drawing this amazing avatar for me <3

Sig.php

#20 2015-05-20 19:24:28

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Why this idea?! It's bad!

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#21 2015-05-20 19:39:15

kubapolish
Banned
From: ฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬฬ
Website

Why you all think this is bad?

... this is great idea without last

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

#22 2015-05-20 21:19:48

SPT

AntonioS300 wrote:

this topic was about to die how dare you

Wooted by:

#23 2015-05-20 23:45:32

CJMaeder

Duck wrote:
AntonioS300 wrote:

this topic was about to die how dare you

^^

Lame!

Wooted by:

#24 2015-05-21 03:19:30

Master1

Okay - This has to be the best forum post I've seen in quite a long time, nice one.
-

On topic:
the only idea from this list that I think would be useful is the ability to add people as "admins" on your level.

- A /ban command would prove to be useless, due to how easy it is for someone to make an alternate account, and rejoin using that.
- /mkick sort of ruins the point of kicking, as someone said before, the reason you kick is to show them they did something wrong.
- The /afk command would be useless, because if I want to tell someone I'm about to go afk, I can just say it in chat. The only way I could see this being good, is if it pm's someone a message if they try to ping you.
- I personally don't think I would ever need to use a /goto command, as I hardly ever need to teleport players around.
- For the last one, as you mentioned in the OP, we have secret blocks that can be placed if you want your backgrounds to be "real" blocks.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

Wooted by: (2)

#25 2015-05-22 02:05:04

shadowda

SEE*. Im not the only one who thought ee2 had good stuff in it. just because it was it was in ee2 does not mean it should not or cant be in ee.
*NVD

color = #1E1E1E       

latest?cb=20150604065609

kubapolish1432934862508328

Board footer