Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-15 05:58:17, last edited by BuzzerBee (2015-12-31 12:50:06)

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

An Update on My Life (Update December 31st)

UPDATE 12/31/15

Today is my mom's reconstruction surgery (she had a mastectomy earlier this year). She's officially in remission, and the symptoms of the chemo are beginning to wear off! She's gaining more feeling in her fingers and such, she is less fatigued, and her hair is starting to grow back. Please keep her in prayer/good thoughts/wishes for this surgery, as it's very intensive and she will have to stay for a couple nights (which isn't going to be cheap, either), meaning she is going to be in quite a bit of pain following, and she is going to miss New Year's celebrations as well.

Thank you all for supporting our family through this rough year!

Seriously, you guys really did make a difference in my life. I appreciate all the help you guys gave me more than you can imagine.

Happy New Year!

-----------------------------------

UPDATE 11/10/15

I just wanted to let everyone know that my mom only has four more sessions/weeks of chemo left! Then around Christmas time she will be getting another (hopefully final) surgery. After that, she will need to take a pill every day for the next five years. Hopefully the cancer doesn't come back.
Thanks everyone again for your support

UPDATE 06/10/15

My mom has talked to the oncologist and she will be getting surgery this Friday to remove her breast completely. Then she will be going through chemotherapy for about 5 months before she gets reconstructive surgery. We made a gofundme to get her a wig made from my sister's hair, which she so kindly cut off for that purpose. Making a wig out of one's hair is rather expensive, between $1000 and $1500. I'm not asking for donations but if you feel it in your heart to do so, that would be amazing and I would be very grateful.

Again don't feel obligated to do anything, just wanted to give everyone the latest update.

05/14/15

Recently, I've been less active online than usual. It hasn't been much of a difference, but some people may have noticed. Anyway, this change in activity has not come without reason. Among AP tests, final exams, choir responsibilities and work, I recently found out that my mom has cancer.

My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier in May, and while at first believing it was only stage 1, a recent biopsy of a removed tumor revealed it to be stage 2 cancer. It was also found that the cancer was not only in her breast, but in some of her lymph nodes. She is meeting with an oncologist tomorrow and will plan future surgeries and radiation treatment. At this point, the doctors have high hopes and do not consider it to be a life or death matter, however, cancer can be unpredictable and we won't know more until she meets with her oncologist.

My mom is a great lady and she truly deserves the best, and it's so unfortunate that she has to go through this. Despite the struggles, though, my mom remains positive. When she updates me on her journey, she is never in despair and never resigns herself to any fate. She hopes for the best and selflessly asks if I'm worried, and reminds me that I can talk to her about my thoughts and concerns whenever I need to. I know she's going to pull through this difficult endeavor and I can't wait to see her life return to normal with the only change being her new title, "Cancer Survivor".

I now ask this community to support my mother through her surgeries, radiation treatments, and further struggles throughout the next months. If you are religious and would care to pray for her, please do so. Even if you aren't, good vibes make a difference. Just thinking about her and sending positive energy in any way you can would mean the world to us. Maybe you can post a reply on this topic sending her good wishes, or just simply think a positive thought for her as this process can cloud one's mind with negativity. Obviously, don't feel obligated to show compassion to a stranger if you don't feel comfortable doing it. The main purpose of this topic was to let me express my thoughts and hopefully reach out to some people who may be going through a similar experience.

That being said, if you or someone you care about has cancer, is ill, or is going through a struggle, or if you simply need someone to talk to about anything whether it be school, depression, anxiety, work, relationships, etc., please know that I am here for you and will respond as promptly as possible to try to provide you with any form of solace.

Thanks for being there for me and thank you in advance to anyone who provides support for my mother and my family.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile Buzz

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#2 2015-05-15 07:45:33

goeyfun

Re: An Update on My Life (Update December 31st)

I will pray for your mom
Cancer had also took away beloved people besides me,
anyway stay tough and work hard //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Ug3JzgO.png

Wooted by: (4)

#3 2015-05-15 12:25:00, last edited by BEE (2015-05-15 12:25:35)

BEE

Oh Buzz, I'm sorry to hear that your mother and your family has to go through this struggle, but I know that you will be able to do it!

Cancer is a terrible thing to go through as a family, so be sure to be armed with knowledge as well. At stage 2, cancer is still responding to treatment and so I have confidence she will be okay.

Let me know what you need nub. *hugs*

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by:

#4 2015-05-15 13:27:55, last edited by Calicara (2015-05-15 13:30:02)

Calicara

Hey Buzz... I know I don't know you very well but I'm sorry to hear this about your Mom. I had a friend on college whose Mom went through the same struggle. I tried to be there for my friend, and luckily for her mom things turned out ok, but not everyone is so lucky...

I'm not really sure what to say except I hope things get better for you. I might not be the first person you'd talk to when you're down, but behind this fancy username I'm just a person who wants to care about other people, even if I don't really know them. So if you need anything I also am willing to listen and help in any way I can.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2015-05-15 13:39:29

Different55
Forum Admin

Wow, that sucks. Hope everything goes well. :/

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#6 2015-05-15 13:53:46

Shadow

I m sorry to hear about your mom.Hope everything goes well in your life and i will pray for your mom.

#7 2015-05-15 15:02:22, last edited by Dazz (2015-05-15 15:05:33)

Dazz

I'm sorry you and your family have to go through this, I hope you'll stay strong and she is going to get the best results possible with the treatments and continue with your lives happily. Don't forget we are all here if you need something, far but not impossible to reach. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile  you are not alone.

Wooted by:

#8 2015-05-15 16:25:27

Creature

Reminds me of my aunt's death, she died of cancer in the stomach, liver and lung on December 22th 2013.

I'm not going to joke now.

This is a false statement.

#9 2015-05-15 20:22:12

Anch

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
I wish the best of luck to your mother.

Wooted by:

#10 2015-05-15 20:31:01

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Sorry to hear that.  Hopefully everything takes a turn for the better.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#11 2015-05-15 20:44:37

Cyral

Hope your Mom gets better. Stay strong!

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

Wooted by:

#12 2015-05-16 12:26:43

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

You both are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything works out //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Wooted by:

#13 2015-06-10 22:30:58

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

UPDATE 06/10/15

My mom has talked to the oncologist and she will be getting surgery this Friday to remove her breast completely. Then she will be going through chemotherapy for about 5 months before she gets reconstructive surgery. We made a gofundme to get her a wig made from my sister's hair, which she so kindly cut off for that purpose. Making a wig out of one's hair is rather expensive, between $1000 and $1500. I'm not asking for donations but if you feel it in your heart to do so, that would be amazing and I would be very grateful.

Again don't feel obligated to do anything, just wanted to give everyone the latest update.

TdQRyz3.png

#14 2015-06-10 22:40:24

Anak

Great that you've got $355 already <3 Best wishes to your mom, you, your family, and everyone else affected.

#15 2015-06-10 23:43:25

Insanity

Hey man, I'm sorry this happened, nobody deserves struggles like these, but I hope your mom gets well soon bro //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Maverick: Started up on a 6, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.
Charlie: Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?
Maverick: Because I was inverted.

#16 2015-11-10 14:02:05

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Wow I haven't updated this in a while
I just wanted to let everyone know that my mom only has four more sessions/weeks of chemo left! Then around Christmas time she will be getting another (hopefully final) surgery. After that, she will need to take a pill every day for the next five years. Hopefully the cancer doesn't come back.
Thanks everyone again for your support

TdQRyz3.png

#17 2015-11-10 16:29:02

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Glad to hear she's doing better!

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (2)

#18 2015-12-31 12:46:05, last edited by BuzzerBee (2015-12-31 12:49:38)

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

UPDATE:

Today is my mom's reconstruction surgery (she had a mastectomy earlier this year). She's officially in remission, and the symptoms of the chemo are beginning to wear off! She's gaining more feeling in her fingers and such, she is less fatigued, and her hair is starting to grow back. Please keep her in prayer/good thoughts/wishes for this surgery, as it's very intensive and she will have to stay for a couple nights (which isn't going to be cheap, either), meaning she is going to be in quite a bit of pain following, and she is going to miss New Year's celebrations as well.

Thank you all for supporting our family through this rough year!

Seriously, you guys really did make a difference in my life. I appreciate all the help you guys gave me more than you can imagine.

Happy New Year!

TdQRyz3.png

#19 2015-12-31 15:49:37

Yandax

I've been praying. It's nice to see everything worked out well.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

Yandax1451573377572034

Board footer