Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-20 00:56:35

FDOOU
Banned

We should totally bring back the rep system, guys.

I really need a way to tell someone that I didn't like their post, because when I try to reply and say I don't like their post it's spam.

Send help. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Come find me in game!

#2 2015-04-20 01:43:09

Stubby
Website

Re: We should totally bring back the rep system, guys.

We have forum woots, but then again, you can't down-woot. I agree, rep should return.

fgRzols.png

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2015-04-20 01:43:32

Ratburntro44
Website

This sounds like a very amusing fun good interesting idea.

#4 2015-04-20 01:47:15

Different55
Forum Admin

What about just adding comments to posts? I've been meaning to add postcomments but I haven't yet.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#5 2015-04-20 02:26:36

Xfrogman43

Then people could hate...

zsbu6Xm.png thanks zoey aaaaaaaaaaaand thanks latif for the avatar

Wooted by:

#6 2015-04-20 02:45:23

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Different55 wrote:

What about just adding comments to posts? I've been meaning to add postcomments but I haven't yet.

I hate those so much. I don't even know why

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#7 2015-04-20 02:46:51, last edited by Calicara (2015-04-20 02:47:41)

Calicara

I don't think rep should return, it doesn't do anything but create more drama. I am usually all for drama, but I do not think there is any good reason to bring back rep. We can simply woot posts we like, and if there are post we don't like we ignore them or give an intelligible argument against them. Bringing back rep to leave rude comments on peoples profiles is not going to help anyone.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#8 2015-04-20 03:36:59

Pingohits
Banned

the -rep trolls would be back //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

791mAP8.png

Wooted by: (3)

#9 2015-04-20 05:29:20

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

I am not quite sure reputation should return—woots are a good addition, and it is satisfying to see you made a good joke (as I have done horrible ones before //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral). Anti-woots would be nice, too.

If reputation had to return, I would like to see having one global reputation on a user that can be switched between plus, minus, and neutral—this would prevent reputation spamming, but make it a more valid view of "reputation".

BuzzerBee wrote:
Different55 wrote:

I hate those so much. I don't even know why

I dislike them because they get in the way of conversation and it gets too meta.

Wooted by:

#10 2015-04-20 05:31:59

Different55
Forum Admin

get in the way of conversation what.

They wouldn't be displayed in the topic, would they?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#11 2015-04-20 14:15:44

Onjit
Website

dewoots would be nice

unwoots?

antiwoots?

badwoots?

toows?

anyway we need a way to downvote posts

:.|:;

Wooted by: (4)

#12 2015-04-20 14:32:56, last edited by Dazz (2015-04-20 14:46:26)

Dazz

If you really don't like a post ignore it or I'd rather know your opinion to why than - rep everyone just because they think different or you're having a bad day or you have a malicious urge. Woots are great. Users that make posts and don't get woots it's more than clear not everyone share's their ideas, which is fine and not as offensive as getting 30 - reps for few mistakes that EVERYONE DOES occasionally or for thinking their opinion is good or counts enough to share it.

When you say: ''I really need a way to tell someone that I didn't like their post'' it sounds mean, no offence, I'm sure it's more diplomatic to ignore it or come with some arguments to why you don't like it rather than hiding behind a button.

#13 2015-04-20 14:44:10

Hexagon

I think that woots should have some concrete value (as in, they appear on your profile.) For antiwoots or negative woots, reporting the post is what should happen (if it is violating the rules.) If someone doesn't like your post purely based on your idea, then I don't think it should be able to be down voted.

#14 2015-04-20 14:48:38

Onjit
Website

more drama = more fun

:.|:;

#15 2015-04-20 15:05:09, last edited by Calicara (2015-04-20 15:05:41)

Calicara

Hexagon wrote:

I think that woots should have some concrete value (as in, they appear on your profile.) For antiwoots or negative woots, reporting the post is what should happen (if it is violating the rules.) If someone doesn't like your post purely based on your idea, then I don't think it should be able to be down voted.

I personally like the system of wooting as it is. The purpose of the forum is not to rank people against each other based on how well liked they are, but to have conversations about EE. Woots are nice because they show that people liked what you posts. Anti-woots kind of defeat the purpose, because if you strongly feel something needs to be said against someone else than just say so. Anti-woots would be like hit and run, for people who want to be mean but don't want to face the consequences.

Instead of bringing back rep, which even if not meaning to a lot people do use it as a system of ranking, I think we should keep the system the way it is now.

tgA1y17.jpg

#16 2015-04-20 15:29:09

Slushie

I don't like this post.

ok

Wooted by: (4)

#17 2015-04-20 16:43:19

Zumza

Lets make a reputation system with woots.
But without - woot...

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#18 2015-04-20 18:09:04

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Calicara wrote:
Hexagon wrote:

I personally like the system of wooting as it is. The purpose of the forum is not to rank people against each other based on how well liked they are, but to have conversations about EE.

I partially disagree with this. A woot counter on your own profile would be a fun thing to have. If you are really worried about "ranking" people, then perhaps you could only see your own counter (and a way to turn your woot counter off).

Wooted by:

#19 2015-04-20 19:54:09, last edited by Calicara (2015-04-20 19:54:21)

Calicara

I'm just being honest, most of my opinion comes from bias in the past. I didn't exactly have the best reputation on the old forums. Understandably I was younger and stupider, but it all seemed so dramatic for no apparent reason. I don't want to revisit that drama now. If rep was back I'd probably keep it off. I just don't want people to mistake it as for a system of rating as in, more reps = better quality forumer. It would also create a lot more work for the moderators, because they have to worry about rep trolls.

If people really want it, it is what it is. It's just my opinion, it's not necessary.

tgA1y17.jpg

#20 2015-04-20 21:12:25

FDOOU
Banned

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this thread has so many low quality posts in it

Dazz come on man that is the lowest quality post I have ever seen ever!

If you really don't like a post ignore it or I'd rather know your opinion to why than - rep everyone just because they think different or you're having a bad day or you have a malicious urge. Woots are great. Users that make posts and don't get woots it's more than clear not everyone share's their ideas, which is fine and not as offensive as getting 30 - reps for few mistakes that EVERYONE DOES occasionally or for thinking their opinion is good or counts enough to share it.

When you say: ''I really need a way to tell someone that I didn't like their post'' it sounds mean, no offence, I'm sure it's more diplomatic to ignore it or come with some arguments to why you don't like it rather than hiding behind a button.

LOL stop talking like a girl dazz, we have the positive feedback but we need the negative as well! It is only through pure hatred for each other that we will grow closer! I really really hate this post of yours and look how much closer we are because of it! I mean come on this entire forum is full of girls, all the posts are somethin like I'll do it if everyone else does, or opposed to it! You need to stop being wrong and start agreeing with me! Anyone who actually takes offense will leave, and that will make the forum a better place! Imagine a world where no one is offended by anything! Imagine the cold war never ended! What is putin doing in Ukraine? How do you explain all those mysterious fires in various parts of russia? Why did the roman empire fall? Because they had no rep system! This is the world we're living in, people! We need to hate each other to become closer! Negativity is a crucial part of who we are, and if we embrace it, we can all become one and form the EE forum hive mind! Discussion will be so much more efficient when we are all thinking the same thing! Is this the future you asked for?! Is this what you want? What do you think will happen when they have no more use for us?! What happens after the fall of EE? Do you see and ingame rep system? NO! EE is an unsustainable game! It has no future! It is too late for the game but not for the forum! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Come find me in game!

#21 2015-04-20 21:37:23

Pingohits
Banned

fdoou wrote:

LOL stop talking like a girl dazz, we have the positive feedback but we need the negative as well! It is only through pure hatred for each other that we will grow closer! I really really hate this post of yours and look how much closer we are because of it! I mean come on this entire forum is full of girls, all the posts are somethin like I'll do it if everyone else does, or opposed to it! You need to stop being wrong and start agreeing with me! Anyone who actually takes offense will leave, and that will make the forum a better place! Imagine a world where no one is offended by anything! Imagine the cold war never ended! What is putin doing in Ukraine? How do you explain all those mysterious fires in various parts of russia? Why did the roman empire fall? Because they had no rep system! This is the world we're living in, people! We need to hate each other to become closer! Negativity is a crucial part of who we are, and if we embrace it, we can all become one and form the EE forum hive mind! Discussion will be so much more efficient when we are all thinking the same thing! Is this the future you asked for?! Is this what you want? What do you think will happen when they have no more use for us?! What happens after the fall of EE? Do you see and ingame rep system? NO! EE is an unsustainable game! It has no future! It is too late for the game but not for the forum! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

you got my vote

791mAP8.png

#22 2015-04-20 23:16:23

BEE

NO.

No rep again!

Seriously the drama it brings is NOT worth the trouble.

If you don't like a post you have two options: respectfully reply to it refuting what they are saying or ignore it. (There is a reason Facebook has never added a dislike button!)

Cumulative woots aren't good either, unless they are a private number just for FUN.

Forums are supposed to be fun, not middle school bathroom walls.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#23 2015-04-21 00:15:37

Dazz

FDOOU wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL this thread has so many low quality posts in it

Dazz come on man that is the lowest quality post I have ever seen ever!

Someone, please! give him some water!

#24 2015-04-21 00:15:56

FDOOU
Banned

The reason facebook hasn't added a dislike button is because it is run by a bunch of noobs

Come find me in game!

#25 2015-04-21 01:02:21

Bobithan

FDOOU wrote:

The reason facebook hasn't added a dislike button is because it is run by a bunch of noobs

We are a bunch of noobs

aka towwl

CJMaeder1430154999499368

Board footer