Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-04-19 18:51:35

myee

Re: Spend your potions, don't buy new ones

It's kind of disrespectful they don't give a sh*t about this. First giving us potions, then taking it back. First promising a compensation, still didn't get any... The mods lost all my respect. If you care for the game, you care for the players. And they just don't care apparently.
I don't care what they compensate me (energy, free stuff, gems,..), but I want SOMETHING for my enormous energy loss. That's too much to ask? If I buy something in a real store and after 1 year the shop keeper breaks into my house and takes back everything I bought, it's called stealing. And that's not a good practice to do. Well this is exactly the same, only virtually, but also stealing. It's not because it's online and you don't know the persons you are dealing with that you shouldn't respect people and their personal (virtual) possessions.
At least I want an answer from one of the mods, so we can talk about it. And not just neglect this.

Ps: Sorry if I'm offensive to some people, but I'm just **** they don't respond to this issue

Wooted by:

#52 2015-04-19 19:04:43

Terrasher
Website

myee wrote:

It's kind of disrespectful they don't give a sh*t about this. First giving us potions, then taking it back. First promising a compensation, still didn't get any... The mods lost all my respect. If you care for the game, you care for the players. And they just don't care apparently.
I don't care what they compensate me (energy, free stuff, gems,..), but I want SOMETHING for my enormous energy loss. That's too much to ask? If I buy something in a real store and after 1 year the shop keeper breaks into my house and takes back everything I bought, it's called stealing. And that's not a good practice to do. Well this is exactly the same, only virtually, but also stealing. It's not because it's online and you don't know the persons you are dealing with that you shouldn't respect people and their personal (virtual) possessions.
At least I want an answer from one of the mods, so we can talk about it. And not just neglect this.

Ps: Sorry if I'm offensive to some people, but I'm just **** they don't respond to this issue

They made the jump effect block only cost 10 energy (temporarily) to compensate the loss of potions (regular price: 750 energy).

It may not be as much as you lost in energy from buying potions but it's better than nothing.

tumblr_mkwgua1DWj1qe0clto1_500.gif

Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

Song over, back to field. Putin is great!

#53 2015-04-19 19:08:04

Nou

Alright let's make something very clear here. Yes, we know some people are upset about losing their potions (and thus their energy). But realise here, the current staff consists of COMPLETELY different people than when potions were introduced. When they (the old staff) came with the idea, I already strongly advised against it; any consumables are just a bad idea in a game like this. New staff, new vision on the game. And our vision is that potions shouldn't have been in the game in the first place.

You keep saying we didn't give any compensation. We've put the Jump effect on sale for 10 energy. Sure, it's not a lot, but it's something; we could also have just put everything in for full price.

Furthermore, the update was last night. We've been working our **** off to get it done, we're tired, we have lots of feedback coming in to process, and we've been talking to many people about this. So don't come saying we've been ignoring this, we haven't even had the time to respond yet.

No u.

#54 2015-04-19 23:30:49

Redhat

Think about this: 15750 energy * 2,5 minutes = 39375 minutes = roughly 27 days of energy spent.
Also, I don't know if there was someone stupid to do that but, what if someone bought potions with gems?

The removal of potions is great, of course, but people deserve a fairer compensation than just a block.

LEVfOrl.png

Wooted by: (2)

#55 2015-04-19 23:55:14, last edited by mrjawapa (2015-04-19 23:56:04)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I think it's an unfair assessment to say we don't care.  We spent weeks making this update.  Thanel, NVD, and Processor spent hours each day coding.  Nou spent hours each day making sure work was getting done, and done correctly.  Then we all spent a lot of time testing the update to make sure it didn't break anything.

And to be fair, no one made you get potions.  Also, I hate jumping to the terms all the time but it seems to end a lot of arguments...

Refunds
If you purchase services (including buying Gems or virtual goods) you lose any refund rights you may normally be entitled to when the services are made available to you. We may do exceptions at our sole discretion.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (3)

#56 2015-04-20 02:00:58

myee

I understand your vision, and I'm very happy you guys take the time to update the game regularly. It's not that I don't appreciate that. But if that's your answer on my statement, you don't understand what's my point about virtual possessions. It remains stealing when you delete my energy. And to be honest, if you were really thinking about giving no compensation at all, you don't respect other people. Maybe I'm the only one complaining now, but I'm sure this would be everybody elses reaction when you cleared their worlds or let them pay block packages back (for a total of 15750 energy). It remains stealing of virtual possessions whether you like it or not. And that's illegal.
Good luck with the feedback btw. It's a good update but you let some players down and didn't announce it well in before.

#57 2015-04-20 02:02:36

BEE

Was there a reason you didn't just refund one gem per potion? Or even 1 gem for every two?

Not that I was really affected by this, but it seems like that would be fairer.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

#58 2015-04-20 02:19:49

Terrasher
Website

BEE wrote:

Was there a reason you didn't just refund one gem per potion? Or even 1 gem for every two?

I think 1 gem per potion would have been wayyyy too much since you could have bought classic stuff or BC with gems that were given to you for spending energy on something that was deleted.

In other words, you would have been able to buy classic packs or BC with potions (potions turned into gems).

tumblr_mkwgua1DWj1qe0clto1_500.gif

Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves.

Song over, back to field. Putin is great!

Wooted by:

#59 2015-04-20 04:21:54

Minimania
Moderation Team

Thank you.

21cZxBv.png
Click the image to see my graphics suggestions, or here to play EE: Project M!

#60 2015-04-20 04:40:08, last edited by Calicara (2015-04-20 04:40:41)

Calicara

I've only read the last few comments. My solution would be this:

> Energy should not be reimbursed. It's free and renewable, so just let it go.
> Any gems spent on potions between this post and the update should be refunded, since we can't assume every player uses the forums and realized not to waste their money. (Perhaps there could be an email to send complaints to?)
> Making the jump effect 10 energy is a fair reimbursement since at least players can get something for all that they've lost.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#61 2015-04-20 12:24:09

myee

BEE wrote:

Gems would indeed have been a too high compensation. But just a sale of 1 block is a too low compensation (that's not even a compensation, cause everybody has this offer, also the people who didn't have any potions at all). I think the best thing that could have avoided all this, was a resale: In the week before the update players with potions could have sold their potions for 50% of the original price. That way these players are compensated and the compensation doesn't allow them to buy exlusive material. That would have been a very fair deal.

Calicara wrote:

Energy should not be reimbursed. It's free and renewable, so just let it go.

I don't agree with that. It is in 1 sense true that energy is free, but it costs time to get it. Like previous math has proven, it took players who had 10 of all potions more than 1 month to save up this energy. 1 month is not something i just wanna let go. Time is money too

Wooted by:

#62 2015-05-01 10:34:17

myee

So, finally got all new packages (not even auras or new smilies). You guys owe me 11 days of work and waiting. You should be happy I didn't accuse you, cause I would have had a case in multiple countries. I'm too good for this world :/

#63 2015-05-01 11:33:31

Hexagon

myee wrote:

You should be happy I didn't accuse you, cause I would have had a case in multiple countries./

The terms of service is important.

Terms of Service wrote:

If you purchase services (including buying Gems or virtual goods) you lose any refund rights you may normally be entitled to when the services are made available to you.

and,

Terms of Service wrote:

We reserve the right to change this agreement at any time with or without notice, with immediate and/or retroactive effect.

So even if that clause did not stand enough legally, they could add one tomorrow and fix it.

#64 2015-05-01 12:50:44

Bobithan

Seeing people get threatening over energy in Everybody Edits is so adorable :')

#65 2015-05-01 16:22:21

myee

Hexagon wrote:
myee wrote:

You should be happy I didn't accuse you, cause I would have had a case in multiple countries./

The terms of service is important.

Terms of Service wrote:

If you purchase services (including buying Gems or virtual goods) you lose any refund rights you may normally be entitled to when the services are made available to you.

and,

Terms of Service wrote:

We reserve the right to change this agreement at any time with or without notice, with immediate and/or retroactive effect.

So even if that clause did not stand enough legally, they could add one tomorrow and fix it.

Lol, it's not because you have your own 'Terms of Service', you shouldn't follow the law of the countries where your game is available. And if you do some research you can see that there are similar cases in different countries where the players were refunded after a court case. Law says virtual possessions should be threatened the same way as physical items. So stealing my energy is as stealing my car.

Indeed terms of service is very important. But it's to make some general rules (or special game behaviour etc.) clear, not to rewrite law

#66 2015-05-01 16:36:31

rgl32

What is up with all this legal talk? you lost some energy on a game, is it that big a deal?
And on a side note, I would be pretty amazed if I saw a court make the same judgement as you losing some energy that really has no basis on anything as opposed to someone stealing your car, that is just all kinds of wrong.

Wooted by:

#67 2015-05-01 16:57:56

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

rgl32 wrote:

What is up with all this legal talk? you lost some energy on a game, is it that big a deal?

You should also consider the people that lost gems without warning.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#68 2015-05-01 17:00:38

rgl32

N1KF wrote:
rgl32 wrote:

You should also consider the people that lost gems without warning.

I realized that after I said that, but most people here are talking about energy and time, I don't think many people really spent gems on potions, but I could be wrong.

Wooted by:

#69 2015-05-02 00:59:29, last edited by Freckleface (2015-05-02 01:01:46)

Freckleface

How much energy do gems cost if you could convert somehow? Then how much do gems cost?

F

#70 2015-05-06 23:16:18

myee

rgl32 wrote:

And on a side note, I would be pretty amazed if I saw a court make the same judgement as you losing some energy that really has no basis on anything as opposed to someone stealing your car, that is just all kinds of wrong.

Search the internet, you will be pretty amazed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink And I don't make it a big deal, I could make it much bigger if I wanted to. The point is they don't give a f*ck. No compensation, no response anymore, ... Some simple apologies would have been appreciated, but no they rage against me cause I defend my rights :o

#71 2015-05-06 23:33:15

some woman

myee wrote:
rgl32 wrote:

Search the internet, you will be pretty amazed //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink And I don't make it a big deal, I could make it much bigger if I wanted to. The point is they don't give a f*ck. No compensation, no response anymore, ... Some simple apologies would have been appreciated, but no they rage against me cause I defend my rights :o

Your energy can be regained, believe it or not, through an amazing process called "WAITING PATIENTLY". You get one energy every 2 minutes and 30 seconds. It's not like you've actually spent real money (unless you have through gems, which nobody would ever do just for some special color on the minimap or the ability to kickstart a zombie map or whatever)

10 years and still awkward. Keep it up, baby!

#72 2015-05-07 00:05:46, last edited by rgl32 (2015-05-07 00:07:21)

rgl32

myee wrote:
rgl32 wrote:

well first of all, why keep bumping this if you think they don't care? and they do listen to the community on a ton of things. Just because they are standing their ground does not mean they don't listen, trust me, you don't want to see the game where it is completely community driven, completely unbalanced and almost not fun at all (those don't last long). You are not looking at the benefits of the update and only focusing on the negatives, like some man above me, and everyone else said, you only lost time, which in a game isn't the biggest deal, again, unless someone bought things with gems, which im not too sure on that still.

#73 2015-05-07 00:18:33

Nou

myee wrote:
rgl32 wrote:

Your attitude doesn't warrant an apology. We've replied, we have given a compensation, but you don't find it enough so you just keep being mad.

Plus, what's there to apologise for? We're fixing mistakes made by others. If anything, go complain to them for making potions in the first place.

No u.

Wooted by:

#74 2015-05-07 00:27:52, last edited by Freckleface (2015-05-07 00:47:49)

Freckleface

Ja

myee wrote:
rgl32 wrote:

What you would've been happier if they didnt make a sale? If you don't want a "free" effect block then dont take it! And also they are not raging against you. YOU are the one that is raging! Sure they may be getting frustrated but you are the one thats mad that they stole precious time from you! Also what right did thy break? You get energy by doing waiting. Heck you don't even need to do anything! You can go to bed and you'll have like 300! Did they break the right of you getting free virtual currency then spending it on virtual goods only to lose it? It's like being mad at clash of clans (or another game) for removing something you spent some gold on (or any other currency). So quit whining you just lost basically nothing.

EDIT: Wtf? Where did that Ja come from? Oh well it's yes in German and I'll keep it there because im agreeing with nou https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

F

#75 2015-05-07 00:53:21

BEE

If we stop replying, the thread will stop going to the top of the forum as this issue has been resolved.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

kurtv131430976520502110

Board footer