Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-15 16:53:45, last edited by goeyfun (2015-04-15 18:57:19)

goeyfun

[Improved Survey] Analysis on making EE popular from your ideas

AIM:
The ultimate goal is to generate a plan that can increase the popularity of EE.
The survey will change from time to time when players submit effective and feasible solution.

http://goo.gl/forms/poEL1hfhig

Every piece of your opinion are useful for us. You could make EE a Better place, a popular game.

Ug3JzgO.png

#2 2015-04-15 17:15:39

Zumza

Re: [Improved Survey] Analysis on making EE popular from your ideas

Who is 'us'?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#3 2015-04-15 17:16:16

Calicara

How to make EE more popular:

Stop making crappy surveys

Start making good worlds

Stop playing bad worlds, even for magic.

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

#4 2015-04-15 17:18:35

Zumza

I can't do this survey, I don't have a Facebook or Twitter acc.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by: (3)

#5 2015-04-15 17:26:36

goeyfun

Facebook || Twitter --> Any Social Network Platforms

Ug3JzgO.png

#6 2015-04-15 17:52:08

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

goeyfun wrote:

Facebook || Twitter --> Any Social Network Platforms

All social networks sucks so

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#7 2015-04-15 18:00:04

Blindz0r

Not al Socail Networks suck . Some of them can get the game more popular just through a simple share of the game.

The old blind man said "You're Blind z0r".

Want to see someone interviewed? Follow this Link !

#8 2015-04-15 18:12:00

daneeko

I completed the survey. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

UzI5nBc.png

#9 2015-04-15 18:13:21, last edited by Mylo (2015-04-15 18:15:13)

Mylo
Master Developer

So what this really is, goeyfun having a idea which you can accept by filling out. And tbh these ideas won't work. And if you want to do something good to EE don't waste your time with creating a survey - start making better worlds, ask friends to play with you (without a strange inventation) and have in general a good time. Do some fan Art and publish it in Deviant Art, or make Videos for YouTube vor something else.

It's my opinion quickly written on a phone though.

EDIT: and the first part for example will turn EE into candy crush 2.0 - I hatte these notifications ans I HATE the game because of this.

#10 2015-04-15 18:22:31

tentacleTherapist

Some of your questions assume people agree you as well as being leading, which is never a good thing to get actual data on a questionnaire, especially since on this one I cannot answer how I actually think. Most of your ideas would not work and are based off this hierarchy EE has.

This is hella gay

#11 2015-04-15 18:29:37, last edited by skullz17 (2015-04-15 18:34:15)

skullz17

goeyfun wrote:

AIM:

That doesn't seem like the aim, after reading some of the questions on your questionnaire. It's more like, to see if people like the plan that goeyfun has already generated. It's not a completely bad way to do it, but it's much easier to just allow people to give their own ideas. You're narrowing down the amount of data you can get when you do it the way you did it. Also, there are simply lots of flaws in your questions. For example, as tentacletherapist pointed out, the leading questions, and also people are limited in the kinds of answers they can give.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2015-04-15 18:38:29

goeyfun

I don't want to write a whole passage and do a rebuttal
But Really you have to look at the stats and take reference from other successful games/ services

First, don't expect everyone is willing to share EE voluntarily, from the reply i currently received, over 80% of respondents DOESN'T want to share EE in real life? Why? But the point i want to focus is how can we make EE go viral and popular. Take a look at Dropbox, how the f can it grow under the monopoly of google? It encourages its users to refer the service to their friends and families! through the referral program so as to gain more storage! So what are we waiting for? sit here and wish EE will grow by itself? Why not give a little motivation to the players, to encourage their friends to play EE too?

Moreover, You are absolutely right, most worlds in EE lacks of quality, >73% respondents do agree with the phenomenon. But the referral program does not aim at solving the issue.

Last but not least, Youtube? DA? you search for the relevant media because you know the existence of EE. It does minimal help in expanding the user base in EE. What it does is to entertain the current user base.

Ug3JzgO.png

#13 2015-04-15 18:43:44

goeyfun

tentacleTherapist wrote:

Some of your questions assume people agree you as well as being leading, which is never a good thing to get actual data on a questionnaire, especially since on this one I cannot answer how I actually think. Most of your ideas would not work and are based off this hierarchy EE has.

I'll modify the survey //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue You are right, i just focus on the feasibility of my idea.

Ug3JzgO.png

#14 2015-04-15 18:45:37, last edited by Mylo (2015-04-15 18:47:20)

Mylo
Master Developer

I find almost 70% of the games I play through YouTube. 90% of the times i watch gameplay of the game if i am interested in it and / or hyped.

YouTube is awesome to make something go viral. Also I don't think the refferal program of dropbox made it fameous. Dropbox got hyped because it was a well made and a easy way to share files - and every file shared through dropbox had "dropbox" in the URL, another factor which gave it publicity somehow.

Not every advertisement is good advertisement.

Wooted by:

#15 2015-04-15 18:54:44

goeyfun

Mylo wrote:

I find almost 70% of the games I play through YouTube. 90% of the times i watch gameplay of the game if i am interested in it and / or hyped.

YouTube is awesome to make something go viral. Also I don't think the refferal program of dropbox made it fameous. Dropbox got hyped because it was a well made and a easy way to share files - and every file shared through dropbox had "dropbox" in the URL, another factor which gave it publicity somehow.

Not every advertisement is good advertisement.

Tired to explain, I know you may not support my idea, but I've chatted with few CMO before, two of them take Dropbox as an example, and it's brilliant start-up story
something similar i found from Google
https://blog.kissmetrics.com/dropbox-hacked-growth/

Ug3JzgO.png

#16 2015-04-15 19:06:15

Anak

I make lower than 1 world per month, nor do I refer my friends to programs or games or etc. Your doe survey need working on...

#17 2015-04-15 19:19:09, last edited by Calicara (2015-04-15 19:27:36)

Calicara

I would also like to comment on the aim:

Goeyfun wrote:

You are saying you want EE to be more popular but why? Preferably I would want quality over quantity. You can look at most 'popular' multi-player games and notice as the community goes up, the quality of the game goes down. EE is already full of several pretentious kid players who make copy/paste boss and box minis levels.

Instead of leading a campaign to attract more people through advertising, why not lead a campaign through example? Recruit well known, respectable, players. Use them to help host community events to bring people together. Encourage the building of levels which are not unoriginal or solely made for the purpose of magic.

What you are trying to do might shepherd in a plethora of new players, but it won't matter if they feel like lost outcasts. I bet for all the people who might sign up, many will abandon the game within a week because they don't feel welcome. We don't need more players, we need better players, and a survey won't fix that.

I don't blame anyone player for not helping with the community, because we are not robots we have lives. But if you are not helping to contribute to the betterment of EE, then there is no reason to whine about it. (Or make a stupid survey)

tgA1y17.jpg
I am obsessed with Steven Universe

Wooted by:

#18 2015-04-15 19:40:49

goeyfun

Calicara wrote:

I would also like to comment on the aim:

Goeyfun wrote:

You are saying you want EE to be more popular but why? Preferably I would want quality over quantity. You can look at most 'popular' multi-player games and notice as the community goes up, the quality of the game goes down. EE is already full of several pretentious kid players who make copy/paste boss and box minis levels.

Instead of leading a campaign to attract more people through advertising, why not lead a campaign through example? Recruit well known, respectable, players. Use them to help host community events to bring people together. Encourage the building of levels which are not unoriginal or solely made for the purpose of magic.

What you are trying to do might shepherd in a plethora of new players, but it won't matter if they feel like lost outcasts. I bet for all the people who might sign up, many will abandon the game within a week because they don't feel welcome. We don't need more players, we need better players, and a survey won't fix that.

I don't blame anyone player for not helping with the community, because we are not robots we have lives. But if you are not helping to contribute to the betterment of EE, then there is no reason to whine about it. (Or make a stupid survey)

Your point is right, crew is an example that could group people together and build awesome things. But is there something else moderators could do?

referral program cost $0.00 advertising fees, it will suggest you to invite your friends only, so the problem of new players being an outcast will not exist. The system can be modified that when a [facebook] friend accept your request and created an account, he/ she will be automatically added you as friend. Of course, you will guide your friend about this game

EE's players has decreased during the shoe's period. Now it is a time to make a change

Ug3JzgO.png

#19 2015-04-15 20:37:29

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

I want to invite peoples on Facebook

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

#20 2015-04-15 22:21:30

BEE

Okay so I'm going to give a mini lesson on creating a survey.

Have you ever invite your friend to play games or use specific service? *
  Candy Crush
Battle Run
DropBox
Other:

The answer choices do not answer the question. The question is a yes or no question. Change your answer choices to match the question, or change your question to match your answer choices. There also is no "No I have never invited a friend" option and the question was required.

How many Gems should we give you if a friend accept your invitation? Answer options 1-10

There is no "other" option here nor a "none" option. You need to ensure you encompass all that people can come up with, and this question is also required.

What if we asked you to link your EE account to your Facebook OR Twitter *

This is more me being nitpicky, but this isn't really a valid question. It should be worded "Would you link your EE to your fb/twitter?". Also, there technically should be an option of "I don't use social media"

In your opinion, what is the scale of players in EE? *

Small as dust to HUGE!

I honestly don't understand this question. Like, the current number of players? How much they weigh on a scale? How large they are? How much potential EE has?

Would you like to be part of the Crew? *

Rarely are questions simply straightforward yes or no. This one in particular needs a "possibly" because I honestly would need more information about it.

How often do you build a world *

Make sure that time slots have the end caps such as "less than one per month" because apparently I finish a world a year. Also, the question says build. Personally I build every day, but since my projects are so time consuming or I get distracted, I rarely finish a level.

If your school has computer lessons *
Would you like to learn programming EE bots during lessons?

What about an option for "I'm not currently in school" for those of us that are older?

Now, don't get me wrong, you have a great idea here, but be careful when you make surveys. The data you get will be inaccurate simply because of how you set up the survey. Personally, I took the survey but at least 4 of the questions I was forced to answer a choice that I did not want as my answer.

Remember: Always account for the outliers, Always make the question as clear as possible, and make sure that the answer choices fit the type of question you are asking.

Custom Tab: Forum Post|Trello

Thanks Xen for my Avatar and Smitty for the smiley 47BA5lq.png

Wooted by: (4)

#21 2015-04-15 23:44:16

Hexagon

goeyfun wrote:

over 80% of respondents DOESN'T want to share EE in real life? Why?

I do not want to share it in real life because I'm embarrassed that I'm playing a game targeted for people much younger than I am.

#22 2015-04-16 00:25:43

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

Okay, so I'm looking at this thing and this survey isn't that good -- it needs people to be able to elaborate on specific points.

I chat about EE irl in only the vaguest terms -- I'm a moderator on a forum for a stupid flash game. No, I'm not telling you what flash game. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

My EE account is already linked to my Facebook account, so that question... doesn't really apply.

There's also no option for "less than one world a month". So. Could be improved. Maybe ask age range.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#23 2015-04-16 10:07:06

goeyfun

Hexagon wrote:
goeyfun wrote:

I do not want to share it in real life because I'm embarrassed that I'm playing a game targeted for people much younger than I am.

Same feeling, that's why yes as Zoey2070 said, i need to add a "age" option

Ug3JzgO.png

#24 2015-04-16 12:43:21

Ben

Hexagon wrote:
goeyfun wrote:

This ^ Especially in the MrShoe period..

#25 2015-04-16 15:46:28

Hexagon

Tomkazaz wrote:
Hexagon wrote:
goeyfun wrote:

This ^ Especially in the MrShoe period..

Depending upon the user base, if Everybody Edits was aimed at older people more people might share it. However, I don't think that's fesible because you can't really dress up a smiley face character to be aimed at a more mature audience.

Perhaps there could be an official programming thing sponsored by EE. I would be willing to share that I create dynamic real-time data driven applications written in C# for a video game written in Flash. Through this, people might be interested in the video game and therefore play that.

Wooted by:
Glitcherkid1429572169497120

Board footer