Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-13 20:55:42, last edited by tentacleTherapist (2015-04-13 20:55:53)

tentacleTherapist

About this whole buisness with Rpgmaster

I thought this deserved a new topic as it would gain more attention than it would from just a post on it's own.
I am sure many of you are aware of the issue with Rpgmaster lately with people attempting to get him to come back to the game or bugging him on his blog. First off this is not cool, as he has said he has left EE, he wishes it the best yet people continue to bother him and call him selfish for not coming back, that is not being selfish, you yourselves are acting like children because he does not want to come back to a part of his life he has left behind, leave him alone.

I must confess I fear I may have started this entire affair myself and must apologize, a while ago I emailed Rpg asking how he had been just to make sure he was alright out of curiosity, because I mentioned EE in the email it is highly likely that he misunderstood my asking how he was for myself attempting for him to return to ee, he made a public answer to this on his blog of which gained attention on the forum and was met with polls for his return and more and more people pestering him on his blog. Which being honest I feel terrible for as some of the messages to him are not particularly a pleasant read.

Chris recently responded on that same blog post to stop asking him to return and that himself and rpg had moved on with their lives and to let them do that. I have just emailed an apology to RPG on both my behalf for causing this whole affair and on the community as a whole's behalf for acting so out of hand, at first I was not going to do this and leave the matter be but after reading how far this had gone I decided that if I had started this the least I could do was apologise and try to get the community to desist.

So hopefully that is that, please stop bugging any of the old development team to come back to EE, it was a job to them, a business, and like many game developers after they were done with EE they moved on, that isn't selfish that is them getting on with their lives. That also means not to send hordes of apology messages annoying them further, I have apologised on behalf of the entire community there is no need for individual messages clogging up their emails and most likely creating more resent for us as a community.

I think that is everything. So no more polls, no more posting on their blogs about EE related business, they have made it clear that they do not wish for this, please, if you do think that they are the best mods EE has ever had you should respect them enough to respect their wishes.

I hope that has cleared things up and I apologise to everyone here and especially those who have understood the ex-developers plights from the beginning, I honestly did not mean or wish for this to have happened.

This is hella gay

#2 2015-04-14 08:06:35

Vilius

Re: About this whole buisness with Rpgmaster

But seriuosly Chris left so silently. He didn't say anything that he's that he's leaving. Why did he even leave?!

WE NEED THE OLD STAFF BACK, THE NEW ONE IS **** AND DON'T DO ANY UPDATES!

WE WANT RPG!!

Vilius From ECreates! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#3 2015-04-14 08:46:33, last edited by Dazz (2015-04-14 08:49:02)

Dazz

Vilius wrote:

But seriuosly Chris left so silently. He didn't say anything that he's that he's leaving. Why did he even leave?!

WE WANT RPG!!

Chris and RPG, they have a life, you know? other projects and interests, why they would waste their time to babysit EE for almost no income? You should say a BIG ''THANK YOU'' for the actual staff being so involved and active on EE. There is a time for everything, even updates, small steps.

#4 2015-04-14 08:49:15

Mainx

Vilius wrote:

WE WANT RPG!!

I think he's joking.

TIeZQ7T.png     SXgDEBO.png

HE uses EEArtist. Told u lol.

#5 2015-04-14 08:51:34

tentacleTherapist

"But seriously" my point was serious, people are being selfish. Chris left over 2 years ago now, RPG left over 3 years ago. As I have said and should be obvious he wanted to move on to different things and not spend years of his life pondering over a game that was at the time losing money.
I can't tell how serious that post was but we don't need the old mods back, the new ones seem to be handling things well and do updates just as regularly as Chris did in 2011.

This is hella gay

#6 2015-04-14 08:55:23, last edited by Vilius (2015-04-14 08:56:22)

Vilius

Mainx wrote:
Vilius wrote:

WE WANT RPG!!

I think he's joking.

No I am not joking.

tentacleTherapist wrote:

I can't tell how serious that post was

I am completely serious.

THE NEW MODS DON'T DO ANY UPDATES. THEY JUST SIT THERE AND DON'T DO ANYTHING AT ALL. WE DON'T GET ANY UPDATES. THIS IS BAD.

THE OLD STAFF WERE GOOD. WE NEED THEM BACK. WHY CAN'T THEY COME BACK??

Vilius From ECreates! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

#7 2015-04-14 08:55:36

Mainx

tentacleTherapist wrote:

"But seriously" my point was serious, people are being selfish. Chris left over 2 years ago now, RPG left over 3 years ago. As I have said and should be obvious he wanted to move on to different things and not spend years of his life pondering over a game that was at the time losing money.
I can't tell how serious that post was but we don't need the old mods back, the new ones seem to be handling things well and do updates just as regularly as Chris did in 2011.

I agree. But If I remember correctly, Chris bragged in Reddit he made $10k a month from this. I can't imagine it in reality, but he did wrote it indeed.

TIeZQ7T.png     SXgDEBO.png

HE uses EEArtist. Told u lol.

#8 2015-04-14 09:51:52

Cola1

I feel this should belong here, since we're talking about Chris a bit.
Before he left, I recall seeing him respond to a user called Playme who asked "why you don't read your emails?" with "i do not want your e-mails"

Since I can't find the screenshot (which is pretty bad anyway) nobody will believe me. But that's just how things work. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

smilpat.gif
kQgdwOD.png

#9 2015-04-14 10:12:39

Nou

Vilius wrote:
Mainx wrote:
Vilius wrote:

WE WANT RPG!!

I think he's joking.

No I am not joking.

tentacleTherapist wrote:

I am completely serious.

THE NEW MODS DON'T DO ANY UPDATES. THEY JUST SIT THERE AND DON'T DO ANYTHING AT ALL. WE DON'T GET ANY UPDATES. THIS IS BAD.

Give it a week //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

No u.

#10 2015-04-14 11:03:30

skullz17

The updates are as frequent as Chris' updates were. I don't remember Chris' updates being quicker than monthly.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#11 2015-04-14 13:10:15, last edited by Yandax (2016-05-15 21:11:26)

Yandax

Vilius wrote:
Mainx wrote:
Vilius wrote:

WE WANT RPG!!

I think he's joking.

No I am not joking.

tentacleTherapist wrote:

I am completely serious.

The old staff was good, the new staff is better, friendly and actually on and working.

Pretend I didn't exist until now

All hail me, the king of insensitive jerks

Woot if you hate me

#12 2015-04-14 13:45:20

Aaro54

Vilius wrote:
Mainx wrote:
Vilius wrote:

WE WANT RPG!!

I think he's joking.

No I am not joking.

tentacleTherapist wrote:

I am completely serious.

I suppose mrshoe's "one year summer vacation" was better than the almost werkly updates we have now? The game is getting updated more often than in years with the new team

Aaro541429015520494742

Board footer