Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-03-11 11:11:57

Zumza

Re: How do you think the Everybody Edits Staff is doing? [Survey included]

There are some answer that may be misinterpreted in an indirect speaking like a survey.
I decided to don't send it.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#27 2015-03-11 13:05:15

goeyfun

not filling this

Ug3JzgO.png

Wooted by:

#28 2015-03-11 13:39:47

Kyle97

EE really does not understand the concept of privacy. Survey has to be anonymous for else it is biased and flawed...

Wooted by:

#29 2015-03-11 14:02:27

Koya
Fabulous Member

Zoey2070 wrote:

Why is the username necessary? This type of thing should be anonymous; you're not saying there won't be any repercussions from a specific person if they don't like you and that makes me a little bit nervous.

Meh, just be honest - if they can't take the criticism then they probably aren't fit for the role.

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

Wooted by:

#30 2015-03-11 15:41:58

RavaTroll

And I don't even know how I can see how the staff is performing. I'm never confronted to Guardians in their roles.
I've worked with Master1 and Toop for <something secret yet> and I can't say I have a lot to say besides they weren't always online, which is... normal ? I don't know, I did have a lot a free time when I worked on this and was online often so I don't think it means they don't do their jobs well.

So, I don't know what I would put on this survey. Just keep working guys, it's nice so far.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

Wooted by:

#31 2015-03-11 15:59:29

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

I completed the survey //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Zoey2070 needs to be a staff, probably.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

Wooted by:

#32 2015-03-11 16:33:41

iPwner
Website

The stellar ones are NVD, TOOP, and Thanel. The decent ones are Ultrabass, Master1, and Processor. The bad ones are Kingoftheozone and Jawapa. I've been banned TWICE by kingoftheozone for the same reason, and all by the same reporter (Failgirl101) from which all she wants is to get me banned, because of her random hate on a cool person due to her personal issues. Guardians should actually put some thought into bans, not just randomly ban anyone who their friends report. This guardian is also massively inactive, and has no idea what's going on. Why is he even a guardian? Jawapa should be self explanatory - other people probably have covered it.

ssAARASAAAAAAAAA  iAAAAAAAAAAAAA OU yaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YAAAaa YAAaah; yaayaayaa, yayayaya-ya-ya YAAA YAAAYA; YAYAYA YAAHAYAhAAAAAAAAAA 

EPIOOOOOUUUUUUuuuuuu   IUO0O0oooooooooooppi

;3 0>o ~X_x~ <~(^V^)~> (); ;B ;~; *~<:',',',',',{ Q=(*@`)Q

Im A ®a®ity ®

Wooted by: (2)

#33 2015-03-11 16:41:22, last edited by SPT (2015-03-11 16:44:16)

SPT

you mean the guardians are doing their job?
how dare they

Wooted by: (2)

#34 2015-03-11 16:45:41

Creature

TOOP is the only one that got excellent from me, but he still needs to work in more packs, not just action blocks. NVD was also the only one that got good, he's the only one along with Ultrabass that managed Everybody Edits remake. Thanel, Processor and Ultrabass got decent, at least they had experience. Jawapa, Kingoftheozone and Master1 got fair, while they deserved poor, Kingoftheozone and Master1 are always in their friends world and don't do exactly nothing in EE, Jawapa just doesn't fit to mod, he doesn't manage it correctly.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#35 2015-03-11 16:49:48

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Kingoftheozone and Master1 is decent. Thanel is great. Ultrabass is excellent. Nobody's strict. Jawapa and NVD are excellent moderators. Processor is a decent mod, and Toop is a great mod.

I deserve new smilies and blocks.

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

Wooted by:

#36 2015-03-11 16:57:45

Zumza

I would like to know the results of this sourvey. After is finish can you post them please?

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#37 2015-03-11 17:25:48, last edited by Dazz (2015-03-11 17:27:14)

Dazz

I'm glad you made this thread and survey, also, good questions!

I've seen all the guardians/admins quite often on EE , they are all very open and patient more than ever and to be honest, MORE than I expected, they struggle and manage to deal with tons of questions and try to come up with a way to help at least as humanly as possible.

Whoever thinks different, you guys are milking it! Since EE was created admit it, no one managed the game at this level. Admins had less or no contact with the forums, the ONLY admin willing to help and rise the game and had interest in EE's community was RPGMaster2000 since then  no one had so much interest in EE, maybe Benjaminsen in the beginning, except he was interested in how to make more money than actually helping the community.

So yeah! you're all doing great job! I just hope the rutine won't get any of you soon one by one and start to act with indifference.

Wooted by:

#38 2015-03-11 17:28:19, last edited by Kyle97 (2015-03-11 17:33:54)

Kyle97

Whenever I see and mods/guardians, they are always in their own worlds either afk or talking to other "popular" players while ignoring everyone else. Not once have I ever seen a guardian resolve issues between players in a world.
*EDIT*
Dont get me wrong, I appreciate all that the staff have done with the game, and I'm sure their job is much more difficult than it seems. Im sure that with future updates and more colab with the community, the staff will continue to improve the game

Wooted by: (3)

#39 2015-03-11 17:32:51

Creature

Kyle97 wrote:

Whenever I see and mods/guardians, they are always in their own worlds either afk or talking to other "popular" players while ignoring everyone else. Not once have I ever seen a guardian resolve issues between players in a world.

This.

I can break all the rules in a world, have all players in this world to report me and I still won't get neither a warning.

This is a false statement.

Wooted by:

#40 2015-03-11 19:05:08

skullz17

I think in any sort of study in general, the researcher should be allowed to identify the participants. But it is the researcher's responsibility to maintain confidentiality. Even though you shouldn't be worried about whether you are anonymous or not, there will still be people who don't want to, perhaps because they have negative opinions of the staff. So, it would be better if it was anonymous

Also, to avoid fake submissions, I think instead of having the survey completed by the people who visit this topic (opportunity sample), randomly select players to complete it instead (random sample). That way, you know how many people are supposed to complete the survey. To make it even more secure, don't make it anonymous, and discard any submissions that aren't submitted by the players that were selected. Also, this can be more representative of EE's community, rather than just the forum community (assuming you only shared it here). The main disadvantage is that this is time-consuming. But also, it is not necessarily representative because you might get, for example, more inactive players than active players, more boys than girls, more players over 12 than under 12, etc.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#41 2015-03-11 20:59:39

Master1

I understand why a lot of people would not wish to add their username, so that is why the OP specifically says that you are allowed to put one that isn't yours.

It is impossible for any of us to get mad at someone for the answers they put, because we have no way of knowing whether said person actually filled it out. It is far too simple to write another users name.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#42 2015-03-11 21:05:54

Pingohits
Banned

RavaTroll wrote:

And I don't even know how I can see how the staff is performing. I'm never confronted to Guardians in their roles.
I've worked with Master1 and Toop for <something secret yet> and I can't say I have a lot to say besides they weren't always online, which is... normal ? I don't know, I did have a lot a free time when I worked on this and was online often so I don't think it means they don't do their jobs well.

So, I don't know what I would put on this survey. Just keep working guys, it's nice so far.

Just to be "that guy"

rava and mods are making new tutorial //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

791mAP8.png

#43 2015-03-11 21:06:38

Thegame

Kyle97 wrote:

*EDIT*
Dont get me wrong, I appreciate all that the staff have done with the game, and I'm sure their job is much more difficult than it seems. Im sure that with future updates and more colab with the community, the staff will continue to improve the game

This is how I feel.

DMTtawiSSNSA4z13i-PYkw.png

#44 2015-03-11 21:30:54

Master1

Oh wow, this is going to take a while to sort through... 54 responses currently... See you guys in 5 hours.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#45 2015-03-11 22:39:00

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I want to address a few things people seem to have issues with.  Not really in the mood to argue with you all, just want to explain.

The guardians are not expected to give up enjoyment of playing great worlds and working on maps with their friends.  More or less they are supposed to help with all the questions, and make sure people are getting along/following the rules.  The same thing kinda goes for the moderators.  Though I try to go to a lot of worlds, I refuse to give up the enjoyment of working on worlds with my friends.

With us answering questions; it's hard.  We enter a room with 4 or 5 people and it is quickly flooded with players.  It's like people watch our every move.  With 20-30 people all asking questions at once and trying to talk to us, things are missed.  We try to answer them, but fail sometimes.

KOTO is dealing with real life stuff right now, that's why he isn't on much.  When he is on, he does his best.

----

Glad you done this M1, should be some good insight.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (4)

#46 2015-03-12 02:06:36, last edited by Nou (2015-03-12 12:27:45)

Nou

The fact that you guys are asking for feedback already says a lot. Being open to criticism is the most important thing to improve. I understand the concerns mentioned previously in the thread about privacy, and I agree partially.

With these guys I (personally) don't feel afraid of any repercussions of giving negative feedback. If there were (or are) repercussions for doing so, this ship would (or will) sink with everyone in it. By that I mean, the game would just die. Plus, receiving feedback from someone and knowing who it comes from makes a difference when interpreting the results in this case. The expressed opinions vary greatly because they are all based on the smallest personal experiences with the mods, albeit positive or negative.  Some kids who think they'll become a mod if they just praise the mods, some people think they got banned for no reason. You want to be able to contextualize this.

Nonetheless, privacy is highly important, and I do think the option of remaining anonymous should be there. But, I'll just throw my feedback out here as well. Of course this is based on whatever information I have been able to gather, and I've been back to EE for only 2 weeks now.

---------------

NVD: Seems to take any feedback to heart, good stuff. Seems to be prioritizing other things than EE right now while I think it is at critical moment, this is the time to bring it back to life.

Processor: Good guy, I've been talking to him a lot lately, works hard, knows what he's doing.

JaWapa: I have to agree what he mentions in the post above: having people ask you questions 24/7 can get tiring while people still want to enjoy the game. Have to respect that. But, from what I've heard, JaWapa is abusing admin powers, making impulsive, childish decisions to ban or remove people's chats. This is based on secondary sources, so I can't confirm this, but hearing the same from quite a few people does make me worry. Haven't talked to him personally since I came back to EE.

Toop: No idea, makes good art as far as I've been able to gather. From what I've heard a good guy.

__

Guardians:
I don't know who does what, but in general I feel like the (temporary) banhammer should strike more quickly on people who just spam swear words. Not because of the swear words themselves, but because they're just spamming and have nothing better to do, annoying others, not responding to reason. I've known the guardians for a long time, some better than others, and as far as I know they're great dudes, and I assume they're doing their jobs properly too (except for the lack of banhammering).

_____

In general: I feel like EE has escaped the smothering clutches of the previous staff and the atmosphere has changed. What I didn't like with the previous staff was that, as others have mentioned, money seemed to be the priority. I felt like Benjaminsen didn't care about the game itself. He didn't listen to the community, he didn't play his own game, so he didn't have eyes or ears in the game, didn't know what was going on and made some dumb decisions anyway that have made many people leave. The game got stale and there was no staff that wanted to do something about it. RPGMaster2000 was the only one, but the rest of the staff didn't seem to listen to him. So you have a stale game with no prospect of good changes, so people (including me) leave. It's sad to see the old 1500+ players online diminished to a peak of 300-350.

However, the current staff is easy to reach, actively show their faces, and they're generally open to what you have to say. This is also the reason I've personally decided to come back. I dropped by occasionally to see what was going on, which was nothing, so I remained pessimistic and just left for another month. To me it seems like this is going to change, and I think with (most of) the staff this could be achieved. There is hope yet!

No u.

#47 2015-03-12 03:14:32

Koto

JaWapa wrote:

KOTO is dealing with real life stuff right now, that's why he isn't on much.  When he is on, he does his best.

For those interesting, I am in the middle of a move (Packing my house, and moving by the end of the month).  Not only that, I'm about to become a manager at my real life job, so I'm going to have a lot more outside of this game.

Wooted by:

#48 2015-03-12 03:30:24

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Koto wrote:

JaWapa: I have to agree what he mentions in the post above: having people ask you questions 24/7 can get tiring while people still want to enjoy the game. Have to respect that. But, from what I've heard, JaWapa is abusing admin powers, making impulsive, childish decisions to ban or remove people's chats. This is based on secondary sources, so I can't confirm this, but hearing the same from quite a few people does make me worry. Haven't talked to him personally since I came back to EE.

Having the full story helps.  Also, glad to see some old players come back //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#49 2015-03-12 03:35:43

Koto

I didn't write that.... Nou did

#50 2015-03-12 03:48:31

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Koto wrote:

I didn't write that.... Nou did

Lol, I didn't even type a name in.  I quick quoted it.

Kyle971426172753481762

Board footer