Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#226 Before February 2015

Pugmatt

Re: Everybody Edits Halloween 2011: The winners!

WTF!!! UnFAIR!!! REDO!!!
Jk //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink Great job to the people who won!

Wooted by: (2)

#227 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

Hey, at least an unlit pumpkin isn't that bad for me... don't really care about the trophy though.

I like to thank 0176 and Matt for helping out the most work with me, and Jak doing the so-awesome-best-coolest-work-you-can-ever-imagine :]

I would also like to congratulate anybody else who at least attempted to get 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place by submitting their levels. There was a lot more competition than the Easter and New year's contest and I liked that!

Last edited by Garfield2436 (Nov 28 2011 9:56:30 pm)

#228 Before February 2015

Ilikenoah

D-rock2308 wrote:
BEE wrote:

I know that it hurts and that this will only make it worse, but its a part of growing up so I am going to be blatantly honest with you:

Hard work does not equal accomplishment/achievement.

That's why people specialize. Because they are good at something they work less and achieve more. Think about how much work I would have had to do if I had done the minis in my level instead of the art. And then they would have sucked! I admit I did the elevator mini though =P I like elevators)

Anyways, the point is that you keep trying. You fall down, you get up. You can't punish yourself for failing because guess what? You are not perfect. And you can never be perfect.

I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear, I know that it was when I was your age, but keep trying. It gets better.

stupid wrote:

And rejudging is possibly one of the worst ideas i've heard in EE....

These. I think people that feel they should've won you can't say that you should've. I didn't think I'd place, but up to judging it came out to be opposite.

Re-judging should not happen, re-judging should not be voted upon, just accept you've lost. Don't think just because I won it's easy to say, in the New Years contest I felt the same way but I continued making levels and here I am, placing.

Ilikenoah wrote:

Personally,I think these places absolutely suck.Failgirl deserved a 3rd place spot and should have replaced Alcatraz,tell me,what did THAT have to do with Halloween?The only Halloween thing is about the pumpkins and ghosts and the witch in the moon.Kingofthezone took me there once when they were done with it.The minis were great and it had that eerie feeling,but they changed it up a little bit and added some stuff to make it Halloween themed.Moggies world was ehh,and could have been better.Details would have helped,and it had some mini flaws.For Sinister,I love the moon.But there where some good worlds that were good as that,maybe even better.Cry kid cry in my opinion should have got 2nd or 1st.The art fantastic,the minis were great.My opinion for the 3rd places!

~Ilikenoah

I still don't like failgirl's level. All it has going for it was a cool idea, but it wasn't excecuted as great as it could've been, and the minigames absolutely blow, no offence to you failgirl but they did, not to mention you could get trapped.

Well yes,some of them werent very executed well,but it deserved better than some of the 3d placers.

#229 Before February 2015

Calicara

Please stop saying Failgirls level, it is the Carvers of Victorys level, and I do agree with mini game could've been better, but even still we had an original concept, a HALLOWEEN THEMED MAP (unlike some of the winners), and nice art.

I just talked to Esox though and we are going to be ok. We are just more happy that we were able to even pull it of in the first place. And so I guess, for now, I will accept my defeat peacefully.

#230 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Once again, the judges completely fail at their jobs.

Ex crew first place didn't take all the slots, WTF judges?

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#231 Before February 2015

Glitcherkid

Aww, my level didn't win. Oh well. Congrats to all the winners! Great job! 1bigsmile1

PaNFnqB.png

#232 Before February 2015

Garfield2436

...however also, I didn't really like the Halloween Contest,, since there was a lot of confusion with judging and all of this chaotic stuff going on, as shown in almost all of the posts above me.

#233 Before February 2015

coolmanman

http://beta.everybodyedits.com/games/PWACALV6WXa0I

was this map worthy of winning atleast 3rd?

#234 Before February 2015

smileyxp

i'm just hoping the next contest will be better than this one.

#235 Before February 2015

Spyro

Wolf exile1 wrote:

Well. Once again the winners of Easter win Halloween.

Contest hogs >:O

Yeah it seams like that :/

#236 Before February 2015

linkz0rs

I agree with most of the people in this topic that there should be a re-do. Surely more and better judges can be conjured up (No offence to RpgMaster2000, but I find it difficult and somewhat unfair for just one person to vote hundreds of levels alone).

Levels should not be based purely or mostly off art. Seeing how that's almost always the case and not everyone is pro at art (making it less fair for some, who have great minis)
Levels should be based EQUALLY of...
1. Art (Decent art? [Doesn't have to be pro])
2. Quality / Difficulty Level of Minigames (Not too hard, but not too easy... Playable for everyone)
3. Originality / Uniqueness of Minigames (Not using the same minigame over and over)
4. Fun (How fun was playing the level overall?)

That's how I would judge a level... This is just my opinion, but I strongly believe that Art currently takes precedence over all others (Which it should not, everything should be judged equally)
Also, favoritism should not be used. Don't judge a level as superior just because your in the crew of the people who made the level or like / know the person.

This is just very unfair to people who've worked hard on their levels, especially after making modifications to their levels due to a silly update. Which reminds me, NO updates should be made during a contest as it could boot people out who may have forgotten to save their levels and spent hours working on it. Which causes a lot of aggravation and stress to people. OR you could use an idea I've thought of for this... Make a warning dialog that appears on the screen that would say something like "The game will be updated in 5 minutes, make sure you save your level so you don't lose your work" and make it do some kind of ding sound (like a coin?) to grab attention incase the user is in another tab or window. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

This is just my 2 cents though. I mean no offence to anyone. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by linkz0rs (Nov 29 2011 12:20:19 am)

#237 Before February 2015

sefanja1

Dont forget there is judged bye orginality to, if 20 people make a haunted castle or something like it you dont come very high ofcourse. Thats why cod-stormers didnt won I think.

Last edited by sefanja1 (Nov 29 2011 12:31:22 am)

#238 Before February 2015

RavaTroll

As Drock and Shift said, rejudging is a bad idea.
Why ? Because you can't take away something you gave to someone, especially in a contest. It's too late. We warned Chris about this, about the fact that the judges would not be involved at all in the game and this could have been problematic, but he didn't listened. And now a lot of people are upset about it. Well, you can't change the past, it's sad, and knowing that this contest was wrong in many ways ( strangers dev-friends judging, update in the middle of the contest, update in the middle of the judging, dev-friends being distant, lack of communication about what is going on, Chris leaving in the middle of the judging ) I'm pretty sure it wont change anything, and even make things worse.
This contest was terribly managed despite RPG's will to make it as good as previous contests. And now a lot of people are yelling at him even if he ended up being the only judge and therefore couldn't have well judged the contest. Poor RPG.

Anyway, I told you so. We told you so.
This is the inevitable sad conclusion of this contest story.

The end.

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#239 Before February 2015

Wolf exile1

RavaTroll wrote:

As Drock and Shift said, rejudging is a bad idea.
Why ? Because you can't take away something you gave to someone, especially in a contest. It's too late. We warned Chris about this, about the fact that the judges would not be involved at all in the game and this could have been problematic, but he didn't listened. And now a lot of people are upset about it. Well, you can't change the past, it's sad, and knowing that this contest was wrong in many ways ( strangers dev-friends judging, update in the middle of the contest, update in the middle of the judging, dev-friends being distant, lack of communication about what is going on, Chris leaving in the middle of the judging ) I'm pretty sure it wont change anything, and even make things worse.
This contest was terribly managed despite RPG's will to make it as good as previous contests. And now a lot of people are yelling at him even if he ended up being the only judge and therefore couldn't have well judged the contest. Poor RPG.

Anyway, I told you so. We told you so.
This is the inevitable sad conclusion of this contest story.

The end.

This is the reason why Chris should pay attention.

The thing that sucks is this is one persons opinion.

#240 Before February 2015

ani

Right now, RPGMaster2000 is cutting himself.

All cool though.

ヽ(•‿•)ノ    ❤ ♬ ✩    t u t u r u !~    ✧☁ ☂    ヽ(•‿•)ノ

#241 Before February 2015

Dabes

Im suprised SCAR and Cod Stormers didnt make it.

#242 Before February 2015

Red

Waste of time :l

#243 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Closing this until I can reach a verdict with Chris on what to do about this situation.

RPGMaster2000 14239582883144

Board footer