Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

moizut

Question for Not Explicit Sexual Content

Hi !
I'm new in EE, and also I'm french so my english is bad, sorry if I can't understand some things
I've buy the beta last Sunday so I'm a noob, please don't be violent with me.

I don't know if it's the right forum to post this topic, so if it's not, I apologize

I have a question for the reglement :
Last Monday I've made a Room with a great drawing of a girl in swimsut, there was no EXPLICIT content, we can't see anything who can chock. But after a moment, a moderator called CYCLONE come and kick us from the room, without say anything. So I was thinking it was a bug, so I returned in the room to continue the drawing.
But, CYCLONE returns and rekick us, saying me "if you replay this room, you will be banned".
I supposed it was for the drawing, but it was not explicit atall, and it takes a lot of time, so I would like to speak with you to know what I must do to play this room.

I can't post screens here, I fear the ban.
Please don't be violent, I'm just asking, I like this game, I just want to compromise.

Thanks

#2 Before February 2015

Alex

Re: Question for Not Explicit Sexual Content

Go ahead an post the screenshot, I promise you won't be banned. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

That doesn't sound like Cyc, but it may depend on the picture.

There was a report that someone was impersonating cyclone, so, perhaps that both of these situations are related.

#3 Before February 2015

moizut

here I give you a screen of the room :
I was making the colours when CYCLONE arrived

48078863.png

Last edited by moizut (Dec 28 2010 12:19:27 pm)

#4 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

It's not explicit in the sense that she's revealing certain parts.

But it is veeeery provocative.

#5 Before February 2015

emanresu

Man is that how it's going to be? Mods coming in to our own rooms and telling us what we can and cannot create? Most multiplayer games that allow you to host your own server/create your own room generally leave it up to the players running that server/room to decide what's acceptable.

Last edited by emanresu (Dec 28 2010 1:07:31 pm)

#6 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

emanresu wrote:

Man is that how it's going to be? Mods coming in to our own rooms and telling us what we can and cannot create? Most multiplayer games that allow you to host your own server/create your own room generally leave it up to the players running that server/room to decide what's acceptable.

Yes, but for now, this is the only server we have.

#7 Before February 2015

Olip96

I'm against the fact that Cyclone kicked him (and me) out of his room as it took him 1 hour of work only to draw the outlines.

He also didn't told us the reason of the kick at all.

I'm okay that inappropriate content art should be prohibited, but not this, even if it is provocative. People who entered the room really found Moizut's work very beautiful.

Last edited by Olip96 (Dec 28 2010 1:31:42 pm)

#8 Before February 2015

moizut

Thanks to your answers
And thanks to you for beeing not aggressive like CYCLONE was

but, what should I do now ? Can I replay this room ?
It looks not so provocative for me, but if you think that is, I have no choice.
But I will be disappointed, I would like to continue this drawing, it takes lot of time to do this...

I hope the answer will be positive
Thanks

#9 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

Since Chris is making the rules, he's the one you should be asking.

To quote a certain space captain: "I do not pretend to understand the law, I merely enforce it." //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#10 Before February 2015

moizut

thanks ! but I've already sent a mail to chris (a moderator give me) last monday and he doesn't reply :/
Is there a better way to join him ?

#11 Before February 2015

capasha

I remember this one. The room was named Hentai. Anything you can think about why it got removed so many times? And then this girl that is in the world too.

I would handle this exactly like Cyclone. If it just was a girl that wasn't half-nude i would never do anything. This girl is inappropriate content to me. Even if she isn't 100% nude. Hentai is still classified as anime/manga inappropriate content.

Last edited by doh (Dec 28 2010 4:45:54 pm)

#12 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

hentai - 1 dictionary result
Main Entry:           hentai
Part of Speech:           n
Definition:           sexually explicit animation or comics
Etymology:           Japanese 'perverted, perversion'

#13 Before February 2015

moizut

I think you're a bit cruel :
- if it was the name of the room (which was ironic, there's not real hentai atall, I never would draw explicit things here) which was problematic, it was enough to tell me, not necessary to be aggressive.
- if you knew that things like that are prohibited, why didn't you prevent me ? Maybe you'll have liked to see more ?
- If you think that this girl is inappropriate content, you never went to the beach...

Even if you're maybe right, you can tell me that without violence.
How I was supposed to know that things like that are prohibited ? Nobody told me.

Anyway, I'm persuaded that this drawing is not shocking. I think that, normally, it was no reason to prevent me to do that. It's not like I've made explicit things.
So, I hope Chris will give me reason.

#14 Before February 2015

Sea Shock

moizut wrote:

I think you're a bit cruel :
- if it was the name of the room (which was ironic, there's not real hentai atall, I never would draw explicit things here) which was problematic, it was enough to tell me, not necessary to be aggressive.
- if you knew that things like that are prohibited, why didn't you prevent me ? Maybe you'll have liked to see more ?
- If you think that this girl is inappropriate content, you never went to the beach...

Even if you're maybe right, you can tell me that without violence.
How I was supposed to know that things like that are prohibited ? Nobody told me.

Anyway, I'm persuaded that this drawing is not shocking. I think that, normally, it was no reason to prevent me to do that. It's not like I've made explicit things.
So, I hope Chris will give me reason.

Even so, It's still showing a bit to much for a childs mind.

#15 Before February 2015

EDJ

^that

#16 Before February 2015

Olip96

If every parent was thinking like this, children would all be unable to go to the pool then.

Last edited by Olip96 (Dec 28 2010 5:46:41 pm)

#17 Before February 2015

emanresu

That image really shouldn't be controversial at all. You being French though, probably have no idea how big of a hang-up a large portion of Americans have about anything remotely sexual . The same parents who buy their kids violent video games where you blow people's heads off will FREAK. THE. HELL. OUT. if their child sees a nipple in that video game. That nipple, they believe, will irreversibly corrupt their child's fragile little mind and turn them into some sort of depraved sex fiend.

#18 Before February 2015

Olip96

That image really shouldn't be controversial at all. You being French though, probably have no idea how big of a hang-up a large portion of Americans have about anything remotely sexual . The same parents who buy their kids violent video games where you blow people's heads off will FREAK. THE. HELL. OUT. if their child sees a nipple in that video game. That nipple, they believe, will irreversibly corrupt their child's fragile little mind and turn them into some sort of depraved sex fiend.

This is SO F*CKING REAL !

Also, French people (I'm not, I'm Canadian French) doesn't really worry about their children looking at a bit too sexy girls. This is like "normal" for them, and this should be almost the same everywhere. Children are way too overprotected when it's about sex in my opinion.

#19 Before February 2015

moizut

hum... maybe you're right but there's no sex here ><

I wish I could continue my drawing !!!!!!:(:(:(:(

#20 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

I would like to point out that you repeatedly re-opened the room after my initial closing, cursing me out. There are many...younger players, and repeatedly re-opening this room is what drew my remark. Your art skills are very impressive, perhaps they could be better put to use for other purposes.

Also, this part about thinking it was a bug is quite clearly not accurate, I distinctly remember profanities being flung in my direction.

#21 Before February 2015

moizut

Are you kidding me ? I'm NEW in Everybody edits
- I didn't know that there are moderators in this game
- You Didn't say me WHY the room was closed, I also didn't SEE you, and didn't know that you were a MODERATOR. You didn't speak to me, How could I guess what happened ?
- You're a paranoid : I've never said any profanities, only words like "oh crap, ****". It's normal : when you see that you must redo a part of the drawing cause of the "bug". It was not for you, I didn't KNOW THAT YOU WERE HERE.
- I've reopened the room only 2 times, and you didn't speak to me, I stopped reopening the room WHEN you talk to me with violence "replay this room and you will be banned"

Thanks you for saying that I'm a good drawer, but as I say, I believed that it was a bug, this kind of bug often arrives to me in EE, so, you didn't speak to me, I couldn't know that you were here...
And I would also say that we are on a chat when we talk, and besides, my English is bad, so maybe you understood wrong way what I said.

So don't accuse me of things I did not do --"

And so, the "problem" (for me, there's normally any problem --") is not finished : I've ever said many times that this is not shoking for a child. You see more in a RNB music clip on the TV than here --", also, if that is for you, parents must be responsibles : they leave their child on the internet, it's like on the TV, it's normal to see certains things...

I'm not angry against you, I just want them to let me play it again
and Thank you for your answer

Last edited by moizut (Dec 29 2010 8:04:00 am)

#22 Before February 2015

Sea Shock

Olip96 wrote:

If every parent was thinking like this, children would all be unable to go to the pool then.

Silly little child.

It's in a position that you don't really see at a pool :/ If it was a little bit different I would be fine with it.

#23 Before February 2015

Olip96

I would like to point out that you repeatedly re-opened the room after my initial closing, cursing me out. There are many...younger players, and repeatedly re-opening this room is what drew my remark.

The problem when you close the room like this without giving explications is that this looks like the game itself kicked all the room out (and it happens often), so our first reaction is to re-open the room. That wasn't a kind of offense to you.

I speak french too, and I can guarantee we were talking about a bug before you tell us that it was you.

It's in a position that you don't really see at a pool hmm If it was a little bit different I would be fine with it.

Yeah, I agree, my argumentation was a little bit stupid //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Last edited by Olip96 (Dec 29 2010 9:55:36 am)

#24 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

moizut wrote:

- You Didn't say me WHY the room was closed, I also didn't SEE you, and didn't know that you were a MODERATOR. You didn't speak to me, How could I guess what happened ?
- You're a paranoid : I've never said any profanities, only words like "oh crap, ****". It's normal : when you see that you must redo a part of the drawing cause of the "bug". It was not for you, I didn't KNOW THAT YOU WERE HERE.
- I've reopened the room only 2 times, and you didn't speak to me, I stopped reopening the room WHEN you talk to me with violence "replay this room and you will be banned"

Thanks you for saying that I'm a good drawer, but as I say, I believed that it was a bug, this kind of bug often arrives to me in EE, so, you didn't speak to me, I couldn't know that you were here...
And I would also say that we are on a chat when we talk, and besides, my English is bad, so maybe you understood wrong way what I said.

And so, the "problem" (for me, there's normally any problem --") is not finished : I've ever said many times that this is not shoking for a child. You see more in a RNB music clip on the TV than here --", also, if that is for you, parents must be responsibles : they leave their child on the internet, it's like on the TV, it's normal to see certains things...

Each point I make is addressing a corresponding point from your post. However I would also like to point out that someone in the room stated "cyclone is a moderator", when the room was first re-opened.

- That's fair, you're new
- I was under the assumption that pretty much everyone was aware of the existence of moderators for Everybody Edits. If I had known you were unaware, I would have politely warned you first.
- I distinctly recall 5-6 lines of profanities. I am fairly certain one such line was directed at me, though I do not remember the specifics.
- Normally the assumption that could be made from a room closing itself repeatedly is that it has not closed by a bug.

Yes, it's entirely possible I have misunderstood you, and I apologize if such a misunderstanding has occurred.

Your statements about RNB don't really apply here, they generally put a warning on the music video show (TV 14, LS) to indicate it is recommended that you're 14 or older when watching. If you could place a warning on the level name that the contents are not entirely appropriate, I'd consider allowing you to re-open it. Granted, it was pretty obviously labeled "HENTAI POWAAAAAAA", but I most certainly did not know what "hentai" was when I was younger.

Long story short, you can re-open it IF you place a warning in the level name. I think this is a fair deal.

#25 Before February 2015

maksymilian

Cyclone wrote:
moizut wrote:

Each point I make is addressing a corresponding point from your post. However I would also like to point out that someone in the room stated "cyclone is a moderator", when the room was first re-opened.

- That's fair, you're new
- I was under the assumption that pretty much everyone was aware of the existence of moderators for Everybody Edits. If I had known you were unaware, I would have politely warned you first.
- I distinctly recall 5-6 lines of profanities. I am fairly certain one such line was directed at me, though I do not remember the specifics.
- Normally the assumption that could be made from a room closing itself repeatedly is that it has not closed by a bug.

Yes, it's entirely possible I have misunderstood you, and I apologize if such a misunderstanding has occurred.

Your statements about RNB don't really apply here, they generally put a warning on the music video show (TV 14, LS) to indicate it is recommended that you're 14 or older when watching. If you could place a warning on the level name that the contents are not entirely appropriate, I'd consider allowing you to re-open it. Granted, it was pretty obviously labeled "HENTAI POWAAAAAAA", but I most certainly did not know what "hentai" was when I was younger.

Long story short, you can re-open it IF you place a warning in the level name. I think this is a fair deal.

I agree

moizut 1423623603337829

Board footer