Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

A Wonderful Idea

Just get rid of the guests. They are often the trolls, and once they get annoying you can't kick them unless you trap them. Now, do you agree or disagree?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#2 Before February 2015

Kaosslasher

Re: A Wonderful Idea

No, what if people " randomly " stummbled upon ee? they dont wanna sign up, they just wanna try it out

and ... dont give code to guests, done.

#3 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

But what if they are just generally annoying? You can't kick them. I think maybe owners should be able to click a smiley and then a menu pops up and you can grant god/grant editing/kick them. If you click on one and they are overlapping then it spreads them out on your screen only and you can click the one you want. Probably won't happen but we need a way to kick guests.
EDIT: And I don't give my code to ANYONE unless I know them or I want to catch trolls.

Last edited by Different55 (Jan 16 2011 8:21:51 pm)

- ShinsukeIto

#4 Before February 2015

emanresu

How can a guest be generally annoying? They can't talk or even see chat, and they can't edit unless you draw the code out for them. Sure they can key/crown spam, but that's more the fault of poor level design. The guest option is a good way for people to quickly test the game out to see if it's to their liking.

#5 Before February 2015

fuuzy98

no

#6 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

how about a /kick guest and it says 'which guest do you wish to kick' or something

#7 Before February 2015

Burnett

^ Very good.

#8 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

I'm talking for slow ppl of ee https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL.

- ShinsukeIto

#9 Before February 2015

Randomdude

emanresu wrote:

How can a guest be generally annoying? They can't talk or even see chat, and they can't edit unless you draw the code out for them. Sure they can key/crown spam, but that's more the fault of poor level design. The guest option is a good way for people to quickly test the game out to see if it's to their liking.

How 'bout a troller with a user name trolls, then get kicked, and come back as a guest?

#10 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

^agreed^

#11 Before February 2015

Burnett

^
^ Don't aggreing.

#12 Before February 2015

TrappedTime

How about get rid of the ability for guests to enter code in the first place?
That way they can't possible troll, and they would have to sign up if they wanted to edit. This is for other people's rooms, not their own rooms that they make.

#13 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

TrappedTime wrote:

That way they can't possible troll, and they would have to sign up if they wanted to edit. This is for other people's rooms, not their own rooms that they make.

This. This right here. I vote for it, which makes it true.

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#14 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

TrappedTime wrote:

Because then Chris would have to rename it Registered Users Edits.

#15 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

They can edit their own worlds.

- ShinsukeIto

Different551423726760234672

Board footer