Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Cyclone or Meredith

Official Mod/Admin FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions - Moderators/Admins

Short link: http://eeforumify.com/faq

Can I have mod? (Do Not Ask This)
If you have to ask, the answer is pretty much "No".

When's the next update?
Updates usually have no set release date, so they will be released when ready. Please bear with us, sometimes they can take a while! A lot of hard work goes into each update, and that can take a lot of time.

Can I have the _____ smiley?
We have an energy and gem system for a reason! We don't give away freebies, sorry. You've got to get everything yourself, otherwise what fun would that be?

Can I have more energy?/Can you give me a magic coin?
Nope! We don't give out free energy, and magic coins are entirely run by the system itself, we have no control over who gets them or how much they're worth.

When will the Superman smiley be released for everyone?
The Superman smiley is for administrators/moderators only, we do not plan on ever releasing it for everyone else.

Can you play my world?
If we're playing an existing world, generally we won't want to switch mid-level to go try your level. I'm sure your stairs are as nice as the ones I'm playing now, but I'd like to at least finish the level I am on first. You can ask us if we want to try your level, but please, don't take it personally if we say we'd rather not.

How can I become a moderator? (Do Not Ask This)
If you exhibit the qualities we're looking for, and especially if you have particular skills that Chris would need, then the next time we need more moderators or admins, there's a pretty good chance we will pick you. Mods or admins are picked, not nominated, and not self nominated. Do not ask us what your chances of becoming a mod are,   if you ask they're pretty much 0.

What's the code to this level?
Unless the level is actually created by the mod or admin you're asking, we do not know. We don't get to see the level code ever, we can access mod mode without a code. It's pointless to even ask us.

Can I see superman?/Can I see mod mode?
If you're right next to one of us and you ask to see superman, we will probably be willing to switch to the superman smiley for a bit if we didn't have it on already. However, asking to see mod mode is different. Once we are in mod mode, we cannot exit it without leaving the level. Therefore, we might be willing to show you once we have finished the level, but we will probably not if we're still playing.

Can you help me out? This part is hard!
Nope! If it's not a level we made, we don't edit it to help people out. If a level creator made a part to be extremely difficult or even impossible, they did so for a reason and it's not our business to change their level.

Can you add _____?
We know you have some great ideas, everyone does! That's the problem however. Everyone has great ideas for things we should add, and someone else probably even has the same idea you do. If it hasn't already been posted, you can post your idea to the Suggestions forum.

I sent my postcard for the Ultimate Fan Smiley _____ ago, why don't I have it yet?
The Ultimate Fan Smiley postcards are all handled by hand, by Chris. He is not a robot (just to clear that up), and as such it may take him some time to get to your postcard and give you your smiley. He will get to it as soon as he can!

What's coming in the next update?
If it hasn't been announced by Chris, then we really can't tell you too much, sorry! You'll have to wait and see like everybody else.

Who are the secret mods?
They're secret for a reason. If I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Is _____ a secret mod?
Is their username orange?

How do I know if I'm a secret mod?
You'd know, just trust me on this one.

Are there really any secret mods?
Yes.

Do you remember me?
There's a lot of you to remember. So, unless it was sometime recent, probably not. It's hard to keep up with all of you users, easy enough for you to remember four of us, but we can't really remember thousands of you.

I saw a user with an orange name, what does that mean?
That means they're an admin/mod.

What's the difference between admin and mod?
For now? Nothing. Later? We don't know just yet.

When are you adding _____?
There's no promise we'll add it, you will just have to wait for the updates to come and see what's been added. Asking us repeatedly when something will be added is very frustrating for us, when we can't necessarily answer that ourselves.

Why are none of your rooms visible?
You can hide a room from your roomlist by changing the name to a curse word (Yes, I know. Don't even ask.), and I have personally chosen to do so to keep people out of rooms I have not finished. I can't speak for other mods, but if a room is hidden, it's hidden for a reason.
If you have another question that you think should be added to this list or would like me to clarify one of the responses here, feel free to PM me and let me know! This list consists of the questions we are asked most frequently.

(if you found this useful, you can +rep me to show thanks!)

#2 2018-03-20 14:18:24

Offensive Ray
Formerly omarabdulhaq

Re: Official Mod/Admin FAQ

Can't believe that this was 2 years ago.
I remember reading it for the first time lol.

#3 2018-03-20 14:33:13

Sqwairle

I have a question in mind but, im too timorous..

#4 2018-03-20 14:54:49

Different55
Forum Admin

It wasn't 2 years ago.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Different551521554089699852

Board footer