Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

lillsneppe

Why is * and * censored?

I've always wondered why the short homo is being censored. It doesn't make any sense since hetero isn't censored. Homo can not be censored for pushing young kids towards a certain gender - 'cause hetero would be doing the exact same thing and would have been censored too.
So, may I get an official response on why homo is a censored word? And if not an official one, may I get a good explanation?

Also.. I do understand why the common word for the human male genitalia is censored - but why the (a four letter word) isn't the common word for the female genitalia censored as well? I call sexism!

#2 Before February 2015

FMaster

Re: Why is * and * censored?

"fu" is censored too, so you can't say kung fu //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

#3 Before February 2015

Betaguy

I think its sensured becouse someone says "f***" in chat. We can still use f*** and more, but when f*** and fu is snesured, we can avoid more spamming and swering.

#4 Before February 2015

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

What, you can't even say Homo sapian! That's almost as crazy as how I can't say crap! Well, yes, it has crap in it but it's unessesary for it to be censored to kuro**** and removing the suji! RAWR.
I vote freedom of speech and no censors, after all, there was parental control for a reason, so we should be able to say whatever the hell we want.

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

#5 Before February 2015

EEguy

Zoey2070 wrote:

I vote freedom of speech and no censors, after all, there was parental control for a reason, so we should be able to say whatever the hell we want.

Exactly.

#6 Before February 2015

JadElClemens

Zoey2070 wrote:

What, you can't even say Homo sapian! That's almost as crazy as how I can't say crap! Well, yes, it has crap in it but it's unessesary for it to be censored to kuro**** and removing the suji! RAWR.

Stop making me agree with you :U

4RNmJ.png

I hate tall signatures.

#7 Before February 2015

Chimi

If we had a decent censoring system, there may not be a need for parental control. But I'm glad all the little narblets don't have chat.

#8 Before February 2015

supadorf24

To answer your question about the "homo" thing: most of the time when people say "homo" they are using it as an insult. Like, if I walked up to someone on the street, and I called them "hetero", they probably wouldn't care. Unfortunately, people say things like "gay" and "homo" as insults instead of just meaning homosexual. "Hetero" is never used as an insult. Thus, it's not censored. As for the male vs. female thing, Chris probably just forgot, and this should be brought to his attention. Wouldn't call it sexism . . .

#9 Before February 2015

Smiley3

Hey, who made this forum up-side down

Last edited by Smiley3 (Mar 31 2011 11:01:52 pm)

#10 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

Smiley3 wrote:

Hey, who made this forum up-side down

(??p sloo? l??d? ?o? 'p?p ?uol???) Cyclone did, for april fools day

#11 Before February 2015

lillsneppe

Supadorf24 wrote:

To answer your question about the "homo" thing: most of the time when people say "homo" they are using it as an insult. Like, if I walked up to someone on the street, and I called them "hetero", they probably wouldn't care. Unfortunately, people say things like "gay" and "homo" as insults instead of just meaning homosexual. "Hetero" is never used as an insult. Thus, it's not censored. As for the male vs. female thing, Chris probably just forgot, and this should be brought to his attention. Wouldn't call it sexism . . .

The thing is, gay isn't censored - so if that would be the reason for homo being censored, Benjaminsen failed. Noob is also often used as an insult, and that's not censored. Same with idiot and other words like that. Homo being the only insulting non-curse word censored isn't really making me convinced that homo should be censored.
And I was just pointing it the genitalias out, I wasn't really being serious about it being sexism.

Either censor it all or don't censor anything. I would just like Zoey prefer no censors at all, after all, there's parental control now.

#12 Before February 2015

Krazyman50

nazi is censored too, I would like a reason why...

#13 Before February 2015

Jojomanjo

Well why do you think ****tard.

#14 Before February 2015

Chewy
Banned

Don't flame Jojomanjo. Also I find your signature borderlin racist.

#15 Before February 2015

supadorf24

lillsneppe wrote:
Supadorf24 wrote:

The thing is, gay isn't censored - so if that would be the reason for homo being censored, Benjaminsen failed. Noob is also often used as an insult, and that's not censored. Same with idiot and other words like that. Homo being the only insulting non-curse word censored isn't really making me convinced that homo should be censored.
And I was just pointing it the genitalias out, I wasn't really being serious about it being sexism.

Either censor it all or don't censor anything. I would just like Zoey prefer no censors at all, after all, there's parental control now.

Really? "Homo", that's it and not "gay"? Wow. Then I agree, might as well not censor anything.

By the way, Chewy, Jojomanjo's comment was a censorship joke, I think.

#16 Before February 2015

Tako
Website

Gay can mean happy. But honestly, I don't know a single person who uses it in that context.
Nazi = THEY KILLED THOUSANDS OF JEWS??
Homo = Offensive
Fu = Abbreviation.
Curses in the middle of a word = Who says you have to use spaces when you troll in chat?

Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man.

lillsneppe 1423746047215385

Board footer