Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Flare

Platforming to Code

Note - This is a repost from the 'Level Links' forum so everyone can see the level.

Yes, that's right. A 'code' level. A SAVED code level.

Jumps to the code. Literally, that's it. Real legit code. -cough- :3

It's a simple level too. Have fun, and DON'T REVEAL WHAT HAPPENS AT THE END. (me saying that makes it obvious enough, but still, don't reveal it)

- Pictures -

V1
345mtl0.jpg

V2
2nspbu8.jpg

Cyclone
30clsop.jpg

- Links -
Beta
Normal

Good luck. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

EDIT - 'Normal' link has been fixed.

EDIT 2 - Version 2 has been released with tweaks to the end and a retry option (I highly doubt anyone would use it, but some people enjoy challenges). V2 now allows normal players to rest in the green area and allows gods to rest in the invisible reddish-glow area, complete with crowns. Fixed the difficulty curve at the final 4 black bricks.

EDIT 3 - Mass copies of Platforming to Code have appeared, so disclaimer and copyright have been made.

EDIT 4 - V3 made pointless and removed.

EDIT 5 - Cyclone //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Last edited by Flare (Sep 2 2010 5:15:06 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Sykodeus

Re: Platforming to Code

"Challenge" :/ I don't call this challenging... This is rather annoying. Block by block jumps, don't you find this a bit overdone ?

And there has always been platforming levels... The "copies" are not copies, they're just these overdone levels...

Sorry if i sound a bit rough, but I believe that's the truth :/

#3 Before February 2015

musuki

There's a reason 'nobody's really done it', and that is that it's a terrible idea. The 'level' consists of one tiny room full of uninteresting and annoying precision jumps. The end was unsurprising and made the whole (5 minute) experience not worth the effort.

#4 Before February 2015

Pudclud

musuki wrote:

There's a reason 'nobody's really done it', and that is that it's a terrible idea. The 'level' consists of one tiny room full of uninteresting and annoying precision jumps. The end was unsurprising and made the whole (5 minute) experience not worth the effort.

I've done it //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

It's pointless to do... there's no code at the end.

#5 Before February 2015

Flare

Yeah, pretty much this wasn't meant to be serious whatsoever, it's meant to be tedious and annoying rather than challenging, yes, uninteresting and annoying. That's sort of the whole point of the level, which is just like some other levels that promise the code and give jack ----. Other minigame levels are actually fun as the difficulty progresses, but some of them promise the code and some people (some also being trolls) expect some kind of code at the end to be able to ruin the hard work (which I've lacked to put into this level) that the owner did. The 'disclaimers' have been removed before I even posted the thread here, by the way. The effort put into this was about 1/5 but I tried to make it tedious yet possible. I even included a retry option just for the hell of it. Everyone will hate me for this, could really care less. Just goes to show that a lot of people (possibly most of the 1.# people that have played this) expect codes and probably about half of that number expected to troll with the code. Oh, the internet.

#6 Before February 2015

Flare

Cyclone visited my level, w00t //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Flare 1423775586185846

Board footer