Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Pike270

Heroes FTW

29vmqah.jpg

This is a level I made a while ago. I'm sure many people here have played it. I would like to know what I did well and what I can improve. Thanks for the feedback and the player support. Please excuse the bold as I'm not yelling: I WILL KEEP THE NAME "Heroes FTW"

Story: There is a long era of Peace. After 200 Years pass (or 200 coins) chaos is spread throughout the land and its up to you to save everyone. Your given two choices Fight or Run. If you run you die in a pit of spikes. If you fight battle several monsters including Majora's Mask (Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask), Giygas (Earthbound), or a Hakutaku (LA-MULANA). You enter the castle and snek past the golem and zombie guards at the enterance. Encountering areas that represent Tetris (made by Russia) or Super Mario Galaxy Lava areas. Before the final battle you meet   a deformed and defeated Superman At the end you have to battle your evil counterpart, devil smiley. You beat him free all the other smilies and become king.

P.S.S. Sometimes when I see people in the final room I change to devil smiley and try to distract them. I may help or hinder them. Once they reach the end I change to   the "dead" face, remove my god moda nd trap myself in a box of "Holy Light Blocks" Good Idea or bad?

P.S. How often should a map's name change be allowed......Thx.

URL: http://everybodyedits.com/?/PW1gEAAA

@ Rurigok:Thx, also nice cam how did you........... Sorry if I changed the level name too much I'll fix that. Well I tried to make a map that even new people could beat with a bit of difficulty. Do you think "RPGish" maps are a good idea or should I wait until text blocks come out cause the text does take up a bit of space. Do you think that its better to have a easyish with a little creativity kind of map, or is a harder more creative map will be better? Should there easy areas as rest stops after difficult rooms or should it be progressive difficulty.

Last edited by Pike270 (Sep 6 2010 11:00:40 pm)

#2 Before February 2015

Rurigok

Re: Heroes FTW

I decided to take a better screenshot for you because that one, simply put, is not very good. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue Feel free to use it to replace yours, if ya want.
heroesftw.png

I liked the map, especially the artwork. I did, however, notice that the map has a several of unoriginal and/or boring challenges (but most are pretty good). Either way, it's a nice map. Keep up the good work!

#3 Before February 2015

MIHB

Stop changing the damn name.

#4 Before February 2015

Pike270

MIHB wrote:

Sorry, I didn't realize it was such a problem until someone made a map to insult me. (It was pretty mean though //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile )I'll keep it Heroes FTW.   BTW I would prefer if this was a thread for talking about the level not complaining.(I'll state what I have told you in BOLD in my first post) Thank You for helping me become more aware.

-Pike270

#5 Before February 2015

Google

@Pike270
Why did you place so many blue coins at the end? that was just pretty annoying.
Seem you spend longer writing this background story then the time you spent making each and every level.
Word of advice, when it comes to making a level stop and think to yourself "what is the best way to use all the space i have got" don't just make simply boring jumps, and placing 100 blocks under these jumps doesn't make it anymore fun.
Hook jumps = no.
Dots in arrows = big no
Your average mini game level = HELL NO.
I'll rate it.
-Gameplay (levels and such) 3/10
-Graphics - 6/10
Was it worth the time? not unless you do want to be bombarded with coins and have nothing cool at the end to mess around with or look at.
Also to anyone who reads, if players seem eager to get in the level your making, don't let them in and don't rush.

#6 Before February 2015

MIHB

Pike270 wrote:
MIHB wrote:

Sorry, I didn't realize it was such a problem

There is a thread in general discussion with people complaining about rampant name changes.   Thank you for sticking with one name.

#7 Before February 2015

njutbart

I don't really remember the challenges in this map, but the graphical style and story made me smile. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#8 Before February 2015

EpicKirby

Yay, giygas FTW

#9 Before February 2015

RPGMaster2000

+ 100 for Giygas artwork.

#10 Before February 2015

Pike270

Google wrote:

@Pike270
Why did you place so many blue coins at the end? that was just pretty annoying.............................Your average mini game level = HELL NO.
I'll rate it.
-Gameplay (levels and such) 3/10
-Graphics - 6/10
Was it worth the time? not unless you do want to be bombarded with coins and have nothing cool at the end to mess around with or look at.........

@ Google Thank you for your advice. My next world will be more difficult with more creativity. BTW I didn't make the banner Regi (a.k.a. Timi) did. The only stuff I made was just about everything else and parts of the updated banner. We actually share the room. He bought 2 rooms and said I could use 1.   I didn't want to delete the entirety of his creation. I was pressed for space so I tried to make the end as fun as possible without deleting the banner.   How can I do better with my graphics? I would sincerely like to get better. As a final note, my idea of the level was to make it simple, not annoying (sry), and able to be beaten by the majority of people who play it (including noobs).

@ Every1 else Thanks for the complements on Giygas.

#11 Before February 2015

MIHB

Pike270 wrote:

How can I do better with my graphics? I would sincerely like to get better. As a final note, my idea of the level was to make it simple, not annoying (sry), and able to be beaten by the majority of people who play it (including noobs).

If you want it beatable by noobs, elite players are probably going to find it boring.   Its a tradeoff, and there isn't a lot to do about it.

As for graphics, start moving away from the minigame format if you're willing to dedicate the time.   One of the big problems with minigames is that each room just feels like "ok, here is another room," and there isn't really any sense of accomplishment.   If you integrate the rooms into some sort of larger idea (wandering through the inside of a giant monkey, or climbing a fortress, or any number of other ideas) you get a better sense of progression through the map and more accomplishment.   Moreover, if you can actually incorporate the aesthetic elements into the room design (like climbing through a window or jumping across a moat) it just makes the room a lot funner, for elite players, noobs, and everybody in between.

#12 Before February 2015

Rurigok

One of the things you could do better is the art/level integration. The level feels like a boring old minigame level with some random art thrown onto it.   Build the challenges with the art acting as barriers and such, not just a box.

#13 Before February 2015

Pike270

Thx MIHB and Rurigok I think I'll wait until Text blocks come out though so I can do something with items like "You found a grapple hook". But I'm thinking that if i want to show passing of time or events I'd need some sort of room not just a full art/minigame map like the EX Crew.   Regardless I'll try to make the new level as aesthetic as possible with challenging but unique creations.

Aww what the heck I'll just restart the whole thing. I need to brainstorm first.

Last edited by Pike270 (Sep 7 2010 10:27:50 pm)

#14 Before February 2015

Ania

Nice art's

Pike270 1423775657185775

Board footer